DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bad Circuit (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/75170-bad-circuit.html)

barry martin October 30th 04 02:31 PM

Bad Circuit

Chris:

C A neighbor came over today and said she tripped the circuit and when she re
set
C it, the outlet did not work. I went over and checked the breaker on the met
C and it tested good, but the outlet did not work. I pulled the outlet and it
C appeared good, I put the meter on the wires and nothing. I then replaced th

C breaker figuring that may be it and nothing. There are six outlets on this
C breaker and the one I pulled I believe is the first one in the line.
C What am I missing?

Where the open is! (I know: baaaad! g) I had a similar situation:
got called because a friend's aunt's refrigerator wasn't working.
Circuit breaker was fine - power coming out (used an analog meter).
Tried tracing the conduit from the outlet -- opened up some junction
boxes to test voltages -- dead. Kept back-tracing but got sort of
lost -- whoever re-wired the house did a really strange job!

Started tracing from the circuit breaker towards the refrigerator
outlet -- yup! it's definately a weird way to connect things! Ended
up the first junction box after the circuit panel had a failed
connection inside: the wire eventually feeding the refrigerator had
slipped out of the twist connector (the wires were just shoved in, not
twisted). I twisted together, capped, and the refrig has run since!

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* This site has been moved
We'd tell you where
but we'd have to DEL you.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *