maxinemovies

Default Dryer burning up?

The only thing we dry on high heat is towels, and they come out
smelling awful. I checked them out of the washer and they smell
clean, but if we don't put two dryer sheets in the dryer, they smell
kind of, I don't know, maybe burnt sort of. It's a pretty bad smell
and if I dry with them after a shower, the smell is on me. Yuck.

We clean the filter after every load, so it's not that. We dried them
on warm this last time and they seem much better. The dryer is about 7
years old. Works great otherwise.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Maxi

Email addy upon request.
Dave Harnish

Hi Maxine,

If it's been a while since it was torn down and cleaned (or
if it's never been done shudder), call a pro and have it
disassembled and cleaned/lubed. I do this all the time, and
find way too much black (charred) lint that will scare you
when you see it.

This lint gets down into the dryer even when you clean the
filter every load, and needs to be cleaned out at least every
few years. I have some customers with larger families and
more lint-prone models set up on a once/year cleaning
schedule, and they need it. It's amazing how much lint can
accumulate inside some model dryers in a year of heavy
usage.

And this lint burns well, there's an ignition source readily
available, and lots of airflow (draft). Need I say more?

If you can't find a pro in your area, contact me with your
brand and model number and I'll 'walk' you through
disassembly. But a pro technician sees this job every day,
and can do a thorough job in under an hour.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair
technician! Get your monthly email newsletter he
(Back issues now posted too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

Acts 4:12