PeterL

Default Shower hot water problem.

For a period of time my the hot water in my master bathroom shower won't
heat up to the usual temp. All other faucets in the house, including the
bathtub (separate) next to the shower, and two other showers, all heated up
properly. But just as I was about to call in a plumber it fixed itself.
E.g. the water gets hot again.

I am thinking this has to do with a possible blockage, which somehow
cleared. Should I still call in a plumber to look at it? This is probably
going to be a major job, involving breaking through the walls.

Speedy Jim

PeterL wrote:

For a period of time my the hot water in my master bathroom shower won't
heat up to the usual temp. All other faucets in the house, including the
bathtub (separate) next to the shower, and two other showers, all heated up
properly. But just as I was about to call in a plumber it fixed itself.
E.g. the water gets hot again.

I am thinking this has to do with a possible blockage, which somehow
cleared. Should I still call in a plumber to look at it? This is probably
going to be a major job, involving breaking through the walls.

Is the shower control a single-handle style? Could be a problem
in the cartridge leaking cold into the hot side.
Could also be a "scald-guard" type with a sticking mechanism.
Neither problem involves knocking walls down...

Jim
PeterL

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
PeterL wrote:

For a period of time my the hot water in my master bathroom shower won't
heat up to the usual temp. All other faucets in the house, including

the
bathtub (separate) next to the shower, and two other showers, all heated

up
properly. But just as I was about to call in a plumber it fixed itself.
E.g. the water gets hot again.

I am thinking this has to do with a possible blockage, which somehow
cleared. Should I still call in a plumber to look at it? This is

probably
going to be a major job, involving breaking through the walls.

Is the shower control a single-handle style?

Yes.

Could be a problem
in the cartridge leaking cold into the hot side.
Could also be a "scald-guard" type with a sticking mechanism.
Neither problem involves knocking walls down...

Would these problem somehow "fix" themselves?

Jim

m Ransley

My cartrige had a stone in the hot water side. Remove valve or cartrige
to see if there is any debris present

PeterL

"m Ransley" wrote in message
My cartrige had a stone in the hot water side. Remove valve or cartrige
to see if there is any debris present

Thanks. Kind of like a kidney stone?