clevere

Default Wall Heater won't stay on? What could the problem be ..

We have a wall mounted heater in our dinning room. The heater was
installed when our place was built in '74. I don't know the history of
the heat, and hell, I can't even tell the brand (I have yet to put it
apart). The problem is that no matter how far you turn up the dial,
the heater doesn't stay on. It will cycled on for a few minutes, and
then off, on for a few minutes, and then off .. It this normal for
older wall mount heaters, or should I just replaced the thing?
TURTLE

"clevere" wrote in message
om...
We have a wall mounted heater in our dinning room. The heater was
installed when our place was built in '74. I don't know the history of
the heat, and hell, I can't even tell the brand (I have yet to put it
apart). The problem is that no matter how far you turn up the dial,
the heater doesn't stay on. It will cycled on for a few minutes, and
then off, on for a few minutes, and then off .. It this normal for
older wall mount heaters, or should I just replaced the thing?

This is Turtle.

I see a bunch of these type wall heater and when you see the cycling too often.
It is usely the thermostat is too close to the furnace a it is short cycling the
cycles .

If the heater is keeping up with the heat needs of the room. I don't see a
problem.

TURTLE

Joseph Meehan

Can we assume this is a 30 year old contractor grade electric water
heater?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"clevere" wrote in message
om...
We have a wall mounted heater in our dinning room. The heater was
installed when our place was built in '74. I don't know the history of
the heat, and hell, I can't even tell the brand (I have yet to put it
apart). The problem is that no matter how far you turn up the dial,
the heater doesn't stay on. It will cycled on for a few minutes, and
then off, on for a few minutes, and then off .. It this normal for
older wall mount heaters, or should I just replaced the thing?

Joseph Meehan

OH a room heater. Sorry.

As Turtle said ...

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
news
Can we assume this is a 30 year old contractor grade electric water
heater?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"clevere" wrote in message
om...
We have a wall mounted heater in our dinning room. The heater was
installed when our place was built in '74. I don't know the history of
the heat, and hell, I can't even tell the brand (I have yet to put it
apart). The problem is that no matter how far you turn up the dial,
the heater doesn't stay on. It will cycled on for a few minutes, and
then off, on for a few minutes, and then off .. It this normal for
older wall mount heaters, or should I just replaced the thing?

PrecisionMachinisT

"clevere" wrote in message
om...
We have a wall mounted heater in our dinning room. The heater was
installed when our place was built in '74. I don't know the history of
the heat, and hell, I can't even tell the brand (I have yet to put it
apart). The problem is that no matter how far you turn up the dial,
the heater doesn't stay on. It will cycled on for a few minutes, and
then off, on for a few minutes, and then off .. It this normal for
older wall mount heaters, or should I just replaced the thing?

Unless youre sure its been in there since day one, you maybe oughta check to
make sure its not one thats been recalled :

http://www.cadetco.com/identify.php

--

SVL