DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   15 ga. finish nailer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/74762-15-ga-finish-nailer.html)

Trent© October 27th 04 12:50 AM

15 ga. finish nailer

I need to buy one sometime this week. I've got a Senco combo unit
with a 18ga. brad nailer.

What should I look for in a finish nailer? Do they all come angled?
Anybody got one from Harbor Freight?

Have a nice one...

Trent

Colbyt October 27th 04 02:32 AM

"Trent©" wrote in message
I need to buy one sometime this week. I've got a Senco combo unit
with a 18ga. brad nailer.

What should I look for in a finish nailer? Do they all come angled?
Anybody got one from Harbor Freight?

Have a nice one...

Trent

A 16G finish nailer shooting 2" nails will nail BB, casing, 3" crown and
most other trim over drywall construction with ok results. For plaster or
other projects you will need a 15G shooting 2.5" nails.

Angled is better for corners and tight spaces. Expect to pay a bit extra
for angled.

HF is HF. Ok for the casual user. My HF 16G has done almost everything I
need to do. If I did this for a living I would buy a little higher up the
food chain.

Colbyt