Darrell

Default Tripped Circuit Alarm

Recently my circuit breaker for the garage outlets tripped unbeknownst
to me. Needless to say I lost some yummy items in the freezer. I’ve
Googled for very search terms but haven’t found a battery-powered alarm
I could plug into an outlet in the garage. The alarm would beep when
there was no voltage to the plugs.

Does anyone know if there is such a device and where to buy it? Any
other solutions ideas or products posts would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com
Roger

Googled for very search terms but haven't found a battery-powered alarm
I could plug into an outlet in the garage. The alarm would beep when
there was no voltage to the plugs.

Does anyone know if there is such a device and where to buy it? Any
other solutions ideas or products posts would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Google again! Put "freezer alarm" in quotes. Most alarms sense rising
temperature, rather than power supply status, and therefore cover all causes
of temperature rise, not just input voltage level.

Darrell

Thanks for key words Roger!

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com
m Ransley

I would check freezer startup current draw. Is it possible it is going
bad or the cold is affecting it.

SQLit

"Darrell" wrote in message
.. .
Recently my circuit breaker for the garage outlets tripped unbeknownst
to me. Needless to say I lost some yummy items in the freezer. I've
Googled for very search terms but haven't found a battery-powered alarm
I could plug into an outlet in the garage. The alarm would beep when
there was no voltage to the plugs.

Does anyone know if there is such a device and where to buy it? Any
other solutions ideas or products posts would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

GFCI's are not designed for motor loads. They are designed to protect living
creatures.
Replacing the GFCI with an 20 amp outlet MAY help.

Adding an single outlet non GFCI for the freezer off the existing circuit or
better add an circuit for the freezer will be an better solution.

willshak

SQLit wrote:

"Darrell" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

He's not asking about GFCIs or breakers. He's asking about some sort of
small alarm unit that can be plugged into an outlet that would sound if
the power was lost at that outlet/circuit. It doesn't matter whether a
freezer, refrigerator, air cleaner, lamp or whatever else is plugged
into that outlet/circuit. This would be a simple unit with a battery
installed. As long as the outlet is live, the alarm would be silent. If
the outlet loses power, the unit's battery would sound an audible alarm.
The technology is out there to do this (i.e. emergency lights in
buildings), but does anyone sell them, or should I get a patent and
invent one?
If they are already out there, I am interested too.

willshak

willshak wrote:

SQLit wrote:

"Darrell" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

OK, so I won't become a millionaire by inventing a power failure
detector alarm .
Halfway down the page
http://www.lakecumberlandgamebirds.c...d=38282.715139
or http://tinyurl.com/3j8wk
Warren Weber

"Darrell" wrote in message
.. .
Recently my circuit breaker for the garage outlets tripped unbeknownst
to me. Needless to say I lost some yummy items in the freezer. I've
Googled for very search terms but haven't found a battery-powered alarm
I could plug into an outlet in the garage. The alarm would beep when
there was no voltage to the plugs.

Does anyone know if there is such a device and where to buy it? Any
other solutions ideas or products posts would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

A relay, buzzer, and small battery to match buzzer voltage. Connected to
same out let as freezer. E mail me if you want diagram. Warren

Noble Pepper

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:33:46 -0500, Darrell wrote:

Recently my circuit breaker for the garage outlets tripped unbeknownst
to me. Needless to say I lost some yummy items in the freezer. I’ve
Googled for very search terms but haven’t found a battery-powered alarm
I could plug into an outlet in the garage. The alarm would beep when
there was no voltage to the plugs.

Does anyone know if there is such a device and where to buy it? Any
other solutions ideas or products posts would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

There comes a time in the affairs of man when he must take the bull by
the tail and face the situation. -- WCF http://www.utahhousevalues.com

Check out the prices on a UPS at the local computer discount store. Those
things make a horrible bleep bleep when the power goes out just make sure
you get one that has an alarm, most do.

You can get them on ebay too, just watch shipping costs, $5 price + $25
shipping isn't a good deal.