JIA

Default Accubrush Paint Edger

Has anyone tried it? I usually avoid gimmicky specialized tools but I'm
terrible at doing the edging between the ceiling and wall. Past attempts
using blue tape have sometimes worked; other times I get an uneven line or
pull off paint.

If you have experience with the Accubrush or have tips on how to do a decent
edge, I'd appreciate it.

cm

We have tried the roller edging thing that was on tv and were unhappy with
it.The little pad painters with the little rollers/wheels on the edge worked
better.

We are now "tape / caulking". We apply the 1 1/2 blue tape to the ceiling or
baseboards or whatever we are trying to keep clean. and then run a thin line
of caulk at the edge of the tape where the wall meets the ceiling or
baseboard. The caulk is then smoothed and thinned out further with your
finger. We run our finger in one direction then the other to make sure the
caulking is very thin. The caulk must be "very" thin to work properly. We
tape and then caulk as we go when working on the ceiling to minimize the
trips up and down the ladder. For caulking we use the cheap painters latex
caulk. $10.00 per case at the home center.

The tape and caulk can be left for a couple of days before painting if you
need time.

When we start cutting in at the tape, we pull the tape as we go. Maybe paint
one wall at the baseboard and pull the tape or at the ceiling pull the tape
before you go down to move the ladder over. This will keep the paint from
peeling up with the tape.

We use this process to get very clean lines regardless of the texture on the
walls and regardless of my guys painting skills. This is the fastest process
with the best results we have found yet.

Good luck,

AZCRAIG

www.azcraig.us

"JIA" wrote in message
Has anyone tried it? I usually avoid gimmicky specialized tools but I'm
terrible at doing the edging between the ceiling and wall. Past attempts
using blue tape have sometimes worked; other times I get an uneven line or
pull off paint.

If you have experience with the Accubrush or have tips on how to do a
decent
edge, I'd appreciate it.

1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally Dan Musicant Metalworking 11 August 21st 20 01:03 PM
Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Question about latex paint which is solidifying in the can Peter Palma Home Repair 1 August 2nd 04 01:59 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM