barry martin

Default Water condensation on a/c

Zen:

ZC I am getting water condensation on some of my a/c vents to the point the
ZC drops sometimes drip on the floor. Some of the vents are getting a bit of
ZC black mildew, too. I'm in Houston, where it's still hot and humid as hell.
ZC Is this what's causing the problem. If so, anything I can do about it,
ZC short of buying a new a/c unit (the one I have is getting old). Thanks in
ZC advance for your help.

Are you stating the condensatino occurs at the wall vent, where the
cold are from the a/c exhausts into the room? Sounds to me like there
is a problem with excessive humidity (semi-obvious as you did state
it's hot and humid!). The a/c unit should be removing a lot of the
humidty but it appears you would benefit from a dehumidifer as well.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
udarrell

More airflow through the evaporator and the vents that are sweating
should raise the temperature of the air and temperature of the diffusers
enough to prevent the condensation.
Proper airflow with longer cycles and more runtime (is the unit
oversized?) should bring the conditioned space humidity down.

With proper A/C sizing, (small enough), to allow ample runtime, —wire in
a humidistat control so the unit has to bring both the humidity and
temperature down to their set points, on each cycle.

A HREF="http://www.udarrell.com/my_pages2.htm#MY_AIR_CONDITIONING_PAGES"

udarrell
============
barry martin wrote:

[...]

Michael Baugh

Good advice. Does sound like your unit is oversized, with a too
short cycletime.
I have my unit tracking on humidity rather than the temperature.
After all, a muggy 75 degrees can be far less comfortable than a
lower humidity 80. It has also brought down my utility bill, and
that was a welcome item.

barry martin wrote:

[...]

Copper pipe sizing. Is bigger better? Paul J Home Repair 19 February 29th 04 08:52 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 02:15 AM
NO MORE hot water problems [email protected] Home Repair 9 January 29th 04 07:15 PM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 04:01 AM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 29th 03 12:59 AM