Florida Patriot

Default Pol: Study shows Bush backers grossly ignorant of facts

A University of Maryland poll shows Bush supporters should start
paying more attention to the "biased" mainstream media, because as it
stands a very large percentage of Bush backers are shockingly ignorant
of the facts.

I don't know where they are getting their news now, but the sources
they are choosing obviously don't have their facts straight.

No wonder some of them think the Washington Post and other credible
newspapers are "liberal rags." When the truth is consistently at odds
with your warped world view, you are bound to perceive those who
report facts as "biased."

The Separate Realities of Bush and Kerry Supporters
(PIPA, University of Maryland)
http://tinyurl.com/6aze2

..
Mark and Kim Smith

As an undecided, I think you have just pushed me to vote for the
incumbent. I think all the name calling you have done, screaming and
yelling, is what did it! Next time, present some facts or a case for
your guy and you might get my vote back. Plus, maybe you can tell your
guy, instead of telling us he has a plan, he can actually tell us the plan.

Florida Patriot wrote:

A University of Maryland poll shows Bush supporters should start
paying more attention to the "biased" mainstream media, because as it
stands a very large percentage of Bush backers are shockingly ignorant
of the facts.

I don't know where they are getting their news now, but the sources
they are choosing obviously don't have their facts straight.

No wonder some of them think the Washington Post and other credible
newspapers are "liberal rags." When the truth is consistently at odds
with your warped world view, you are bound to perceive those who
report facts as "biased."

The Separate Realities of Bush and Kerry Supporters
(PIPA, University of Maryland)
http://tinyurl.com/6aze2

.

Jeff Harper

You're saying a legitimate university study 'showing that the info being
presented by Bush supporters is factually incorrect' swayed you to accept
the factually incorrect spin.

Somehow I doubt you are being honest and that you were undecided. But then
again, you do sound pretty stupid.

Florida Patriot wrote:

A University of Maryland poll shows Bush supporters should start
paying more attention to the "biased" mainstream media, because as it
stands a very large percentage of Bush backers are shockingly ignorant
of the facts.

I don't know where they are getting their news now, but the sources
they are choosing obviously don't have their facts straight.

No wonder some of them think the Washington Post and other credible
newspapers are "liberal rags." When the truth is consistently at odds
with your warped world view, you are bound to perceive those who
report facts as "biased."

The Separate Realities of Bush and Kerry Supporters
(PIPA, University of Maryland)
http://tinyurl.com/6aze2

.

F.H.

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

As an undecided, I think you have just pushed me to vote for the
incumbent. I think all the name calling you have done, screaming and
yelling, is what did it! Next time, present some facts or a case for
your guy and you might get my vote back. Plus, maybe you can tell your
guy, instead of telling us he has a plan, he can actually tell us the plan.

First you say: "As an undecided"

Then you say: "he can actually tell us the plan."

Uh huh. Bushco (Rove) values folks like you.. Maybe get down to
Florida and "assist" at the polls.
Mark and Kim Smith

F.H. wrote:

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

As an undecided, I think you have just pushed me to vote for the
incumbent. I think all the name calling you have done, screaming and
yelling, is what did it! Next time, present some facts or a case for
your guy and you might get my vote back. Plus, maybe you can tell
your guy, instead of telling us he has a plan, he can actually tell
us the plan.

First you say: "As an undecided"

Then you say: "he can actually tell us the plan."

Uh huh. Bushco (Rove) values folks like you.. Maybe get down to
Florida and "assist" at the polls.

Where do I board the bus!!

F.H.

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

F.H. wrote:

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

As an undecided, I think you have just pushed me to vote for the
incumbent. I think all the name calling you have done, screaming and
yelling, is what did it! Next time, present some facts or a case for
your guy and you might get my vote back. Plus, maybe you can tell
your guy, instead of telling us he has a plan, he can actually tell
us the plan.

First you say: "As an undecided"

Then you say: "he can actually tell us the plan."

Uh huh. Bushco (Rove) values folks like you.. Maybe get down to
Florida and "assist" at the polls.

Where do I board the bus!!

At Cen-Troll Station of course.

Hound Dog

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
As an undecided, I think you have just pushed me to vote for the
incumbent. I think all the name calling you have done, screaming and
yelling, is what did it! Next time, present some facts or a case for your
guy and you might get my vote back. Plus, maybe you can tell your guy,
instead of telling us he has a plan, he can actually tell us the plan.

Florida Patriot wrote:

Another Republican trying to find an excuse to vote for Bush!

BTW There will be No Florida Patriots as long as Florida is governed by a
Bush.

jeffc

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
As an undecided, I think you have just pushed me to vote for the
incumbent.

Sounds like a typical reason people are voting for Bush. Some guy on the
internet said to vote for Kerry, and screw them! Yeah, really good
thinking.

jeffc

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
I like how everyone becomes so serious defending the troll.
Point being, what does any of this have to do with alt.home.repair!!!
Unless, in some twisted way, it is all about toilet blockage!

Yet you're posting to this thread over and over. Who's the troll?

Mark and Kim Smith

jeffc wrote:

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message

I like how everyone becomes so serious defending the troll.
Point being, what does any of this have to do with alt.home.repair!!!
Unless, in some twisted way, it is all about toilet blockage!

Yet you're posting to this thread over and over. Who's the troll?

Wow! You're a smart guy. Just figured that out, did ya?!? And you say
I'm stupid. Ha! And still defending the Florida Patriot troll too!
And how is it your replies are on topic?

JerryMouse

Florida Patriot wrote:
A University of Maryland poll shows Bush supporters should start
paying more attention to the "biased" mainstream media, because as it
stands a very large percentage of Bush backers are shockingly ignorant
of the facts.

I don't know where they are getting their news now, but the sources
they are choosing obviously don't have their facts straight.

No wonder some of them think the Washington Post and other credible
newspapers are "liberal rags." When the truth is consistently at odds
with your warped world view, you are bound to perceive those who
report facts as "biased."

The Separate Realities of Bush and Kerry Supporters
(PIPA, University of Maryland)
http://tinyurl.com/6aze2

You realize, of course, that the organization who did the study is a liberal
think tank and that the members of the 'commission' are toadies? Anthony
Lake, for example, was National Security Advisor under Clinton.

For example, the "study" delves into world opinion as a major factor (in
something). Bush supporters, mainly, do not base the actions of their
government on what the rest of the world thinks and do not seek a
"permission slip" to do what they believe is in their national interest.

So, let me see if I have this straight: A left-wing organization reports
that Bush supporters must be getting their news from right-wing
organizations. I think Hillary floated that idea several years ago. Didn't
work then, probably won't work now.

bill a

It is amazing to me that people who think that Bush supporters are
"uniformed" are
also people whose primary news sources are CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, NY Times,
Boston Globe, etc, etc. A recent conversation with an acquaintance who is a
liberal
fundamentalist (like some of the posters above) was an eye opener for me.
He professes to follow the news closely, but had no recent knowledge of the
ever widening
scandal within the UN. The same guy, of course, thinks that Fox news
is biased, and CBS is not.
The DNC loves these folks. It's so easy to fool them.

"JerryMouse" wrote in message
Florida Patriot wrote:
[...]

Jeff Harper

"bill a" wrote in message

It is amazing to me that people who think that Bush supporters are
"uniformed" are also people whose primary news sources are CBS,
ABC, NBC, CNN, NY Times, Boston Globe, etc, etc.

LOL.

If you think ABC, NBC, CNN, etc., etc., are poor sources, I bet you get your
news from some real crazy sources. You are willfully ignorant.

Of course the mainstream media seems biased to you--your perception of the
world is radically warped.

jeffc

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
You're starting to sound like one of those guys who likes to hear
himself talk.

Ten posts from you so far in thread, and counting. Moron.

jeffc

"bill a" wrote in message
It is amazing to me that people who think that Bush supporters are
"uniformed" are
also people whose primary news sources are CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, NY Times,
Boston Globe, etc, etc.

As opposed to the Boston Herald? lol! You mental midget.

Tom Miller

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 07:50:59 -0500, "JerryMouse"
wrote:

| Florida Patriot wrote:
| A University of Maryland poll shows Bush supporters should start
| paying more attention to the "biased" mainstream media, because as it
| stands a very large percentage of Bush backers are shockingly ignorant
| of the facts.
|
| I don't know where they are getting their news now, but the sources
| they are choosing obviously don't have their facts straight.
|
| No wonder some of them think the Washington Post and other credible
| newspapers are "liberal rags." When the truth is consistently at odds
| with your warped world view, you are bound to perceive those who
| report facts as "biased."
|
| The Separate Realities of Bush and Kerry Supporters
| (PIPA, University of Maryland)
| http://tinyurl.com/6aze2
|
| You realize, of course, that the organization who did the study is a liberal
| think tank and that the members of the 'commission' are toadies? Anthony
| Lake, for example, was National Security Advisor under Clinton.
|
| For example, the "study" delves into world opinion as a major factor (in
| something). Bush supporters, mainly, do not base the actions of their
| government on what the rest of the world thinks and do not seek a
| "permission slip" to do what they believe is in their national interest.
|
| So, let me see if I have this straight: A left-wing organization reports
| that Bush supporters must be getting their news from right-wing
| organizations. I think Hillary floated that idea several years ago. Didn't
| work then, probably won't work now.

The University of Maryland is a left-wing organization? Boy, I bet we
won't be seeing that on Fox News! Even Bill O'Reilly wouldn't dare
claim that.

The report is not a "study." It's the results of public opinion
polling. They called up people and this is what the people told them.
Hagrinas Mivali

wrote:

Florida Patriot wrote:
[...]

Even if it were a left wing organization, that would not be relevant. They
are just reporting what people said. If you disputed the facts, that would
be a different situation. For example, if you were to claim that the
answers that people gave really were the positions of the Bush
administration, and the study was wrong, that would show bias. But these
questions were based on objective information.

I've seen studies from both sides that are biased. If somebody asks, "Would
you like tax money to be spent on providing healthcare to the poor, or on
tax breaks for the rich," then it's clear that the question is biased. But
these questions were simply ones that asked about issues where the Bush
administration insisted that their official position was what the survey
said it was. In fact, Bush is often attacked for misleading people on these
issues, and whenever it happens, he insists that his position is consistent
with what this study said it is.

This study is also consistent with a recent one on Fox News viewers that
found a high level of misunderstanding of the issues.

You can call all these people biased, but ask yourself why nobody is able to
dispute their findings.

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
As an undecided,

After all this time you're still undecided? What are you waiting for
to push you over the edge? Next week's disaster? I mean really, at
this point "undecided" is really a polite euphemism for "ignorant".

GW Bush dalecue Metalworking 3 September 6th 04 11:49 PM
OT-I ain't No senator's son... Gunner Metalworking 378 February 15th 04 05:30 AM