GarySport

Default Mouse behind the wall --what to do?

I think I have a mouse in the house. I havre put out some traps, but haven't
caught anything. The other night I heard some scratching or chewing in the
wall behind the sheetrock. I was wondering if those ultrasound pest control
things that the mousetrap companies are any good. The ones that operate at high
sound frequency. What other way is there to get rid of a mouse that may be
behind the wall? Thanks.

GS
Joseph Meehan

GarySport wrote:
I think I have a mouse in the house. I havre put out some traps, but
haven't caught anything. The other night I heard some scratching or
chewing in the wall behind the sheetrock. I was wondering if those
ultrasound pest control things that the mousetrap companies are any good.
The ones that operate at high sound frequency. What other way is there to
get rid of a mouse that may be behind the wall? Thanks.

GS

The sound things are only good for making money for the people selling
them.

For traps you really need to know where they are moving and have the
traps there. They must have access to food and water, they can't live just
in the walls.

Personally I have had good luck with glue traps. A little peanut butter
often works for bait. Depending on your situation (kids animals etc.)
poison bait can be effective.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Norminn

GarySport wrote:
I think I have a mouse in the house. I havre put out some traps, but haven't
caught anything. The other night I heard some scratching or chewing in the
wall behind the sheetrock. I was wondering if those ultrasound pest control
things that the mousetrap companies are any good. The ones that operate at high
sound frequency. What other way is there to get rid of a mouse that may be
behind the wall? Thanks.

GS

Put traps with peanut butter around where he might come out from the
wall. Found mouse droppings anywhere? They often come indoors when the
weather turns cold, and kitchen cupboards or pet food bowls are nice,
easy meals. We had a mouse that stored some Dog Chow in the burner of
the clothes dryer - fire department found it )

Joe Bobst

What other way is there to get rid of a mouse that may be
behind the wall?

There are two very effective rodent eliminators: D-con, and female cats. Male
felines will sometimes eliminate a mouse but females are genetically programmed
hunters. HTH

Joe
mwlogs

Are you sure it's a mouse? Other than the sounds, have you seen droppings
around? It could be carpenter ants. I don't know how active they may be
this time of year in your area, but if you have an infestation, they will
make enough noise for you to hear them.

"GarySport" wrote in message
I think I have a mouse in the house. I havre put out some traps, but

haven't
caught anything. The other night I heard some scratching or chewing in

the
wall behind the sheetrock. I was wondering if those ultrasound pest

control
things that the mousetrap companies are any good. The ones that operate at

high
sound frequency. What other way is there to get rid of a mouse that may

be
behind the wall? Thanks.

GS

Playintennis5274

the guy w/ peanut butter tip is on the money, every year during winter i go to
war w/ the little *******s. two more tips.. use a chunky style pb w/ peanuts
and when you put it on the trap chove it under the little part that loops over.
otherwise they will get the pb off w/ out setting off trap. . If you can put
1-2 traps in attic over area you here them you may get lucky, or try 1-2 by a
plumbig fixture close by. like under sink cabinet where drain breaks through
walll.
mark

Playintennis5274" wrote in message
the guy w/ peanut butter tip is on the money, every year during winter i
go to
war w/ the little *******s. two more tips.. use a chunky style pb w/
peanuts
and when you put it on the trap chove it under the little part that loops
over.
otherwise they will get the pb off w/ out setting off trap. . If you can
put
1-2 traps in attic over area you here them you may get lucky, or try 1-2
by a
plumbig fixture close by. like under sink cabinet where drain breaks
through
walll.

Just don't let them die in the wall....I had to quarantine my office because
one died in the wall and stunk up the entire room for 2 months. It was
disgusting. It was hard to believe something so small could smell so much.

Stormin Mormon

A mouse is a mouse you know
A mouse in the house oh, no!
A mouse is cute in the store
But not within the door
I surely do wish it would leave.

I've baited and trapped and boxed
Enough and even changed the locks
I'm at my wits end
And surely will mend
But I want that mouse aflox.

I tried calling in a gox
I tried placing out a box
I tried things I dare not tell
My walls they did swell
But surely I do hear him knocks

I'm surely going bitty
While writing this ditty
I need something more purrful
This stress is something furful
I'm sure that I need a kitty!

(with apologies to Dr. Seuss)

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"GarySport" wrote in message
I think I have a mouse in the house. I havre put out some traps, but
haven't
caught anything. The other night I heard some scratching or chewing in the
wall behind the sheetrock. I was wondering if those ultrasound pest control
things that the mousetrap companies are any good. The ones that operate at
high
sound frequency. What other way is there to get rid of a mouse that may be
behind the wall? Thanks.

GS

Michael Baugh

Get a black light, look for urine tracks under sink, along walls, etc.
That's where traps go, after seeing where they're going to eat, and
eliminating the attraction.
Beef jerky on the trap trigger is much more difficult for them to remove
without getting caught. And after a trap has killed a rodent, that scent
remains. I understand that traps can be reused by putting them in the
smoke from a burning newspaper, but have never tried it.

GarySport wrote in message
I think I have a mouse in the house. I havre put out some traps, but

haven't
caught anything. The other night I heard some scratching or chewing in

the
wall behind the sheetrock. I was wondering if those ultrasound pest

control
things that the mousetrap companies are any good. The ones that operate at

high
sound frequency. What other way is there to get rid of a mouse that may

be
behind the wall? Thanks.

GS

Bob K 207

Beef jerky on the trap trigger is much more difficult for them to remove
without getting caught.

Jerky is excellent bait.

And after a trap has killed a rodent,
that scent remains.

SoCal mice must be stupid or lazy. I caught 19 mice one winter at work
reusing a single trap, no special treatment, just reset & go!

willshak

Bob K 207 wrote:

Beef jerky on the trap trigger is much more difficult for them to remove
without getting caught.

Jerky is excellent bait.

I usually eat the jerky between the time I open the package and before
placing it in the trap.

And after a trap has killed a rodent,
that scent remains.

SoCal mice must be stupid or lazy. I caught 19 mice one winter at work
reusing a single trap, no special treatment, just reset & go!

I caught 13 of them in my pool house within a week using a cracker and
PB as bait in a live trap (I don't kill animals).
Lar

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:41:38 -0400, "Michael Baugh"
wrote:

And after a trap has killed a rodent, that scent
remains. I understand that traps can be reused by putting them in the
smoke from a burning newspaper, but have never tried it.

Those furry little cannibals really don't mind the scent of death.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv

Lar

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:53:05 GMT, "mark" wrote:

Just don't let them die in the wall....I had to quarantine my office because
one died in the wall and stunk up the entire room for 2 months. It was
disgusting. It was hard to believe something so small could smell so much.

Probably something more than a mouse. Usually lasts 10 days or so.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv

mark

The other night I heard some scratching or chewing in the
wall behind the sheetrock. I was wondering if those ultrasound pest
control
things that the mousetrap companies are any good. The ones that
operate at high
sound frequency. What other way is there to get rid of a mouse that
may be
behind the wall? Thanks.

One other thing I thought I'd mention. I too had scratching behind the
walls in my house. I found no droppings, put some traps out, and nothing.
Turns out, I had a brown bat between my wall. He would get in under the
flashing on the dormer, and what I heard was him coming and going.

video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 3rd 04 12:21 AM
Deck Set on Retaining Wall jacktripper Home Repair 6 July 22nd 04 07:22 PM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 10:28 AM
Bad odor coming from expansion joint around interior wall of home John Hughes Home Repair 2 December 9th 03 07:05 PM
Dry Rock Retaining Wall RedHeadAllDay Home Repair 4 August 18th 03 03:12 PM