DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Chimney Waterproofing (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/74243-chimney-waterproofing.html)

Whippy October 23rd 04 01:39 AM

Chimney Waterproofing

Hi,

I'd like to waterproof my chimney with a vapor permeable waterproofing
solution. I understand that chimney sweeps and repair people will do
this for around $200, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. If it
just involves brushing or spraying it onto the exterior brick, why not?
But I'm having trouble finding the waterproofing chemical. Would anyone
have information on where to get this?

Thanks.

- W