DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nailing T1-11 siding (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/74204-nailing-t1-11-siding.html)

Brad Parks October 22nd 04 08:43 PM

Nailing T1-11 siding

I am building a shed and am ready to nail up the T1-11 siding. My
question is how to nail it at the vertical overlap seams. I am getting
different answers at Lowes and HD. Some are saying 1 nail through both
panels, others are saying nail through each panel separately.

Randd01 October 23rd 04 02:22 AM

I have always nailed thru the overlap with one nail and never had any problems.
Hopefully your joints will fall on a stud :-)

David October 23rd 04 03:05 AM

If they don't, he should fire the carpenter! :)

david

Randd01 October 23rd 04 12:34 PM

I thought he was building the shed himslef.
Thats why I threw in the wise crack lol!