Default pavers over existing patio

anybody got any thoughts on installing concrete pavers or saltillo
tile over an existing concrete patio. the patio is in good shape, but
is in four sections.
Tom

Chastain wrote:anybody got any thoughts on installing concrete pavers or
saltillo
tile over an existing concrete patio. the patio is in good shape, but
is in four sections.

On a good bed of mortar, no problem. Tom
Work at your leisure!
Greg

Should work fine if the concrete is flat and in good shape. I have pavers on
the walls of my garage and shed (got a bunch for free). I just stuck them up
with thinset, face out. They are now hurricane tested tough. No problems.
Chip

I never thought of putting pavers over my patio. Mine is NOT level. It is
sloped toward the house. Is there a reason why I would not be able to put
down a layer of mortar that becomes gradually thicker?

Chip

"Greg" wrote in message
Should work fine if the concrete is flat and in good shape. I have pavers
on
the walls of my garage and shed (got a bunch for free). I just stuck them
up
with thinset, face out. They are now hurricane tested tough. No problems.

Greg

I never thought of putting pavers over my patio. Mine is NOT level. It is
sloped toward the house.

You could certainly mud up the house side before you put down the pavers. I
would use type S for that.

Will Niccolls

wrote in message
anybody got any thoughts on installing concrete pavers or saltillo
tile over an existing concrete patio. the patio is in good shape, but
is in four sections.

If you use concrete pavers, you don't need to put them in a bed of mortar.
Just use a masonry adhesive to glue the border pavers to the concrete,
simply set the other pavers on the concrete. Check the square of your
existing patio and chalk some string lines to guide your install. Brush some
masons sand in on the top to fill the joints, done.

When gluing, apply the glue in strips, in the same direction as the slope,
so that water will escape.

Will Niccolls
(ICPI Certified Paver installer)