DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kenmore Dishwasher (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/73928-kenmore-dishwasher.html)

CKY October 20th 04 05:36 PM

Kenmore Dishwasher

We just purchased a used Kenmore 18" Portable Dishwasher (Model
587.17252200). At the normal wash setting and water heat option
selected, the heating element turns on only at the water miser cycle.
It will not turn on at the initial normal wash cycle.

Is this the way the water heat suppose to work. If not, any
suggestions as to the problem and repair? Thanks.

Edwin Pawlowski October 20th 04 08:36 PM

"CKY" wrote in message
om...
We just purchased a used Kenmore 18" Portable Dishwasher (Model
587.17252200). At the normal wash setting and water heat option
selected, the heating element turns on only at the water miser cycle.
It will not turn on at the initial normal wash cycle.

Is this the way the water heat suppose to work. If not, any
suggestions as to the problem and repair? Thanks.

Sounds right. Most depend on the water being hot and just boost it on one
wash and perhaps one rinse depending on what is selected.

jeff October 21st 04 02:32 AM

(CKY) wrote in message . com...
We just purchased a used Kenmore 18" Portable Dishwasher (Model
587.17252200). At the normal wash setting and water heat option
selected, the heating element turns on only at the water miser cycle.
It will not turn on at the initial normal wash cycle.

Is this the way the water heat suppose to work. If not, any
suggestions as to the problem and repair? Thanks.

Hi,

I found a diagram for your d/w ( surprized me! ) and found.....

The heating element will heat up the water ( if needed ) during the
4th fill of the pots and pans cycle, during the 3rd fill of the heavy
cycle, 2nd fill of the normal cycle and the first fill of the water
miser cycle. Comes on again in the middle of the main wash area....and
comes on again during the dry cycle ( if selected ).

Is this the way the water heat suppose to work

Looks that way.

Is there a heating problem?

jeff
Appliance Repair Aid