barry martin

Default Pidgeons

H What is the best way to keep pidgeons from landing on my roof?

Keep harassing them: go outside and clap your hands to scare them off,
preferably just as they land or are about to land.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Mommy Dearest: Be good - and don't do ANYTHING to embarrass your parents.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
Rudy

Throw rocks at them til they go over to Rock Island.
BTW, "pidgeons" Pigeons...No "D"

barry martin

R we used to have an electric wire on the ledges at work. if it's right on
R the peak of your roof, then something that interferes with their landing
R would work. a coiled wire or something, perhaps. I've seen them sitting
R right on top of the fake owl downtown. Maybe you have to move the owl
R periodically for that to work....
R You gotcha be hi-tech with the pidgeons these days. They are getting
R smarter. The owl needs to rotate, hop around, make owl hoots, and
R have lightup eyes. You need to connect the owl to one motor to make
R it rotate, and a solenoid to make it hop. Then connect a speaker and
R get an owl hooter tape or cd and play the sounds thru the speaker.
R Finally, put LED bulbs behind the eyes to make them glow, and be sure
R to use a random dimming circuit to control the eye brightness.
R You might also consider flapping wings, which coild be achieved using
R a pidgeon sensing device and a network of gears attached to another
R motor. I have a feeling you are not taking these pidgeons seriously
R enough. You MUST outsmart them.

Sounds like you're describing a Furby! g

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Stupid; politically correct. Big hat, no cattle
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
Rick Shaw

barry martin wrote:
[...]

Monofiliment (fish line) strung along the roof which will inhibit the
ability to land. Saw this used with seagulls too, they can't get their
wings adjusted right to land....kinda like cat wiskers......!

Dennis