Queke

Default New AC, Damp vents and walls??

I live in Texas and had a goodman system put in place and the unit does not
cool as promise and I notice the metal vents seem to have water drops
forming and the walls seem slightly damp. My home is 1300 SQFT and the guy
installed a 5 ton 10 SEER AC unit for a good price, I was told the bigger
one will cool my house much faster and run less saving and was equal to a 14
seer unit due to the extra tons and short run times. The unit does run short
as promisd and my home is 72 but somehow it feels hot and I suspect the
thermostat is not connected right. Anyone know what could be the issue? he
claims I might have structual issues which I doubt since my house is
insulated and has tinted windows in he will not cover it period.

udarrell

Queke wrote:

I live in Texas and had a goodman system put in place and the unit does not
cool as promise and I notice the metal vents seem to have water drops
forming and the walls seem slightly damp. My home is 1300 SQFT and the guy
installed a 5 ton 10 SEER AC unit for a good price, I was told the bigger
one will cool my house much faster and run less saving and was equal to a 14
seer unit due to the extra tons and short run times. The unit does run short
as promisd and my home is 72 but somehow it feels hot and I suspect the
thermostat is not connected right. Anyone know what could be the issue? he
claims I might have structual issues which I doubt since my house is
insulated and has tinted windows in he will not cover it period.

It is not the equipment it was the oversizing of it to 5-Tons on a mere
1300 sq/ft!
It appears there is not enough airflow to handle 5-tons of cooling
It takes long run time cycles to bring the humidity down.
Short run-time cycles with over-sized units—is an economic disaster!

Everything he told you was wrong headed!
He should have to make it right! udarrell

A HREF="http://www.udarrell.com/my_pages2.htm#MY_AIR_CONDITIONING_PAGES"

--
My Conclusion: 9/11 could and should have been prevented, however,
our appointed "Commander In Chief" did nothing to prevent an attack

How could our entire defense system screw up totally on 9/11?
It is time for an in-depth investigation as this IS about thousands
of lives being taken and many more thousands being severely wounded,
about billions wasted, and hatred multiplied by a factor of millions.

A HREF="http://www.udarrell.com/empowerment_communications_people_empowerment.html "
-- Don't grope in the dark -Click the links,
--READ and LEARN the EMERGING FACTS and turn on the light of REALITY.
- Empowerment Communications - Economic and Political Negotiated
"Justice based Solutions" - Not Terrorism and Wars
Greg O

"Queke" wrote in message
I live in Texas and had a goodman system put in place and the unit does

not
cool as promise and I notice the metal vents seem to have water drops
forming and the walls seem slightly damp. My home is 1300 SQFT and the guy
installed a 5 ton 10 SEER AC unit for a good price, I was told the bigger
one will cool my house much faster and run less saving and was equal to a

14
seer unit due to the extra tons and short run times. The unit does run

short
as promisd and my home is 72 but somehow it feels hot and I suspect the
thermostat is not connected right. Anyone know what could be the issue? he
claims I might have structual issues which I doubt since my house is
insulated and has tinted windows in he will not cover it period.

Assuming this is a legit post, my first guess would be is the AC is way
oversized! A WAG would be no more than three tons.
Did your installer use any calculations to come up with the size of the AC,
or did he just guess!
Also a 10 SEER does not become a 14 SEER just because it is oversized so it
runs less! It is just a 10 SEER that runs less! In fact you are probaby
getting less than 10 SEER, because of the short run times.

Your problems...
Way too large of unit.
Short running times, no humidity removal.
High humidity makes the home feel warmer.
You got bent over with the 10 SEER/14 SEER deal. If you want a 14 SEER, buy
a 14 SEER.

To ensure the AC is properly sized the installer needs to use some sort of
load calculating program. Anything else gets you what you got!
Was this installer the lowest bidder?
Greg

Joseph Meehan

Queke wrote:
I live in Texas and had a goodman system put in place and the unit does
not
cool as promise and I notice the metal vents seem to have water drops
forming and the walls seem slightly damp. My home is 1300 SQFT and the guy
installed a 5 ton 10 SEER AC unit for a good price, I was told the bigger
one will cool my house much faster and run less saving and was equal to a
14
seer unit due to the extra tons and short run times. The unit does run
short
as promisd and my home is 72 but somehow it feels hot and I suspect the
thermostat is not connected right. Anyone know what could be the issue? he
claims I might have structual issues which I doubt since my house is
insulated and has tinted windows in he will not cover it period.

I have to admit it is difficult to take this seriously. Everything is
so wrong. Could there actually be someone out there selling and installing
this stuff and be that bad?

If your message is for real, I suggest you consider consulting an
attorney to see what your rights are in this total screw up. You were taken
for a ride.

Over sizing a unit will cause short cycles, poor cooling (clammy)
increased operating expense etc.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math