DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New chimney liner nex (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/73522-re-new-chimney-liner-nex.html)

barry martin October 17th 04 02:45 PM

New chimney liner nex

Hi Jamie!

J Hey Barry you need a new newsreader. Every one of your posts is cutting off
J the subject line, which causes it to be effectively removed from the
J original thread.

I know! Actually I would need a whole new way of reading this NG.
Currently it comes in gated from a BBS outside of Atlanta (GA) to mine
here in Bettendorf, IA (about five miles from Davenport, IA, where
Senator Kerry and President Bush had rallies a few weeks ago -- along
with the concurrent bank robberies!). Across the Mississippi River is
Rock Island, IL, plus Moline, IL, the latter home of Ken Berry and
referenced in the TV show _Roseanne_. And no, there isn't a corn
field within at least ten miles of my house! g

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* Adam said to Eve: "Hey! I wear the plants in this family!"
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *

Jamie October 19th 04 05:27 PM

When you say "BBS" do you mean, 1980's style BBS that is not connected to
the internet? e.g. you aren't even on the internet directly?

If that is true, then you should really bite the bullet and get an ISP.
Excepting the advertisements, the Internet is way better than any BBS I used
to use. It's worth 10 bucks a month.

However, if you are on the internet, as I hope you are, you should consider
any number of alternatives: google groups (deja), or simply hook up to any
number of publically-accessible news servers. You can google to find sites
that maintain lists of free news servers, and free newsreader software.

news:1965640614.3623.62.2547254.1794369252.RIMEGat ...