Joseph Meehan

peter wrote:
Seems that all faucets, when turned on a little bit, creates a steady
noise
that permeates throughtout the whole house.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0g4dr/faucet.mp3 (due to encoding this sounds
bit different than actual)
I'm not talking about the sound of water hitting the sink; rather, the
noise
seems to come from the water passing through the valve.

Usually it does not bother me, since I'm used to this sound. But it is
very
noticeable when I am up early in the morning and am trying not to disturb
other people when using water.

Are there quiet faucets? I searched on the internet but didn't find much.

Do you have a pressure reducing valve on the incoming main? Do you have
a well? Same on hot and cold lines?

Try to determine where the noise is really coming from. I suspect you
will find it is near where the water come into your home.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

peter

Default quiet faucet?

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0g4dr/faucet.mp3 (due to encoding this sounds a
bit different than actual)
I'm not talking about the sound of water hitting the sink; rather, the noise
seems to come from the water passing through the valve.

Usually it does not bother me, since I'm used to this sound. But it is very
noticeable when I am up early in the morning and am trying not to disturb
other people when using water.

Are there quiet faucets? I searched on the internet but didn't find much.

Speedy Jim

Joseph Meehan wrote:

peter wrote:
[...]

Joe is on to the cause. If system pressure is high ( 50 PSI),
the faucet will be throttling that high pressure to get low
flow rates. That results in the turbulence and high-pitched
squeals.

Measure the system pressure and, if it is high, install a PRV
(along with an expansion tank). You'll have to decide if that's
more trouble than the noise...

Jim