DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   masonite door question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/73390-masonite-door-question.html)

Me October 16th 04 01:57 AM

masonite door question

I had a new back door installed at my house, It is a full masonite door.

I've never bought this type of door before. Now that it is hung, what do I
need to do before painting? (It came unpainted)

Does it need any type of stain on it, any weather proofing? Anything I
should know about this type of door?

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski October 16th 04 03:14 AM

"Me" wrote in message

I had a new back door installed at my house, It is a full masonite door.

I've never bought this type of door before. Now that it is hung, what do I
need to do before painting? (It came unpainted)

Does it need any type of stain on it, any weather proofing? Anything I
should know about this type of door?

Masonite makes door of different compositions. I don't know what you have.
Go to www.masonite.com and see what they suggest.

[email protected] October 16th 04 02:11 PM

Prior to painting unhang door so the bottom can be painted also, don't
forget the top, too.

SQLit October 16th 04 03:56 PM

"Me" wrote in message
I had a new back door installed at my house, It is a full masonite door.

I've never bought this type of door before. Now that it is hung, what do I
need to do before painting? (It came unpainted)

Does it need any type of stain on it, any weather proofing? Anything I
should know about this type of door?

Thanks

masonite for an exterior door?? Mine are all metal clad or solid wood for
security and or fire rating
Unpainted and your asking if it needs to be protected? I would think that
you absolutely would want to paint it to match your home. Would you leave
drywall unpainted? Wood trim? How about never cleaning and waxing a floor?

---

Edwin Pawlowski October 16th 04 04:22 PM

"SQLit" wrote in message

masonite for an exterior door?? Mine are all metal clad or solid wood for
security and or fire rating
Unpainted and your asking if it needs to be protected? I would think that
you absolutely would want to paint it to match your home. Would you leave
drywall unpainted? Wood trim? How about never cleaning and waxing a floor?

Evidently you never saw a Masonite door. go to www.masonite.com They are
not the hardboard you are thinking of. Masonite is also the name of a
company, not a product.

willshak October 16th 04 04:35 PM

Me wrote:

I had a new back door installed at my house, It is a full masonite door.

I've never bought this type of door before. Now that it is hung, what do I
need to do before painting? (It came unpainted)

Does it need any type of stain on it, any weather proofing? Anything I
should know about this type of door?

Thanks

http://www.masonite.com/PRODUCT_GUIDE/catalog.asp
Left menu under "Entry Systems" - 'Fiberglass Staining Instructions', a
PDF file.