Default Bosch Dishwasher Help

I recently had the same problem. I called the repairman and he said it
was the water shutoff valve. So he came over and took off the front
and saw the water and sponged it up and replaced the valve.

Worked for a week.

So I, who had watched him take it apart, took it apart again and saw
more water in the pan. I saw something that looked like a sensor to
detect water in the pan and figured that was shutting off the water
valve. I removed the water from the pan and with the front panels off,
ran through a cycle. Sure enough, more water was slowly filling the
pan. I looked everywhere for a leak until finally I saw the water
dripping from the padding on the side. I opened the washer and saw
that one of the screws on the inside of the tub was loose. I couldn't
screw it back in or screw it out either. So I pulled out the washer
and removed the side and saw that the screw was still kind of stuck to
the nut with soap scum. So now, having access to the screw and the
nut, I was able to tighten it back together.

I put it all back together and it seems to be fine. I'm pretty sure
the leak was the problem and that I paid $125 to repalce a OK water
shutoff valve. At least I learned from the repairman how to take it
apart, though he seemed annoyed with me watching and asking a lot of
questions.

By the way, I asked Bosch for drawings. They told me to call the
repairman.

Philip Hughes

M Fuhriman wrote:
Has anybody got repair experience for a Bosch dishwasher model SMU
4052 UC. It was given by a friend who replaced it with one of a
different color (remodel project). Worked fine at his house. Worked
fine for me for about a week or 2 until one day it would not fill

with
water. I pulled the machine and found the bottom pan filled with
water. Since the float was below the tub and in the pan, the float
had risen, opening the switch.

Mystery is how the water got in the pan. Hoses all good. No leaks.
BUT, I noticed that there seems to be no hydraulic connection between
the float and the inside of the tub. On the float assembly I see
where a small diameter hose might go, but I do not see where it

should
go on the tub. I guess the tub just leaked from somewhere until the
bottom pan filled and raised the float. (Strange to me that the

float
is below the tub..)

Am I missing a hose connection? Where?? My friend is of no help
here. His contractor pulled the machine for him. Any drawings out
there? (Friend also lost all owner/repair info). Thanks.

Mark

bosch dishwasher question/problem Ace Home Repair 9 September 22nd 04 02:30 AM
Bosch Dishwasher ClaudCar Home Repair 4 August 12th 04 02:09 AM
Bosch dishwasher no draining timegoesby UK diy 5 February 18th 04 11:51 AM
Bosch dishwasher cycle problem David Martin Home Ownership 5 February 12th 04 10:23 PM