Lee Carkenord

Default slow draining sink?

I have a sloooow draining bathroom sink. In the past, I've been able
to seal off the overflow and then apply a plunger, and that would fix
it, at least for a while.

This time, the plunger has no effect. I want to try one of the
chemicals that you pour into the drain.

I've looked at Drano and Liquid Plumber at the store. Which of those
2 products might serve me best?

Or maybe there is a better product, that's commonly available at Home
Depot or Lowes or etc?

Thank you Lee Carkenord
Tony Hwang

Lee Carkenord wrote:
I have a sloooow draining bathroom sink. In the past, I've been able
to seal off the overflow and then apply a plunger, and that would fix
it, at least for a while.

This time, the plunger has no effect. I want to try one of the
chemicals that you pour into the drain.

I've looked at Drano and Liquid Plumber at the store. Which of those
2 products might serve me best?

Or maybe there is a better product, that's commonly available at Home
Depot or Lowes or etc?

Thank you Lee Carkenord

Hi,
Disassemble stopper and P trap. Look at that dirty gunk
build up!
Tony
Edwin Pawlowski

"Lee Carkenord" wrote in message

Or maybe there is a better product, that's commonly available at Home
Depot or Lowes or etc?

Thank you Lee Carkenord

A snake. Chemicals (corrosives) may help, may even clear it, but a snake
removes the clog. You may want to open the trap and check it out to see if
the clog is just a big hairball that you can pull out. I've take short cut,
but nothing works better than a mechanical cleaning in the long run.

Moenstone Sink Mike Home Repair 9 March 6th 05 07:01 AM
Central Heating water draining very slow Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt UK diy 7 May 18th 04 11:43 PM
Very slow draining of bath, how to cure? [email protected] UK diy 26 December 14th 03 11:32 PM