Stormin Mormon

Default Heil keep right on running

I'm working (again) on a Heil. It's about 80K, upflow model. Older one, a 70
or 80 percenter.

Customer's complaint, keeps on running. House gets hot, and they have to
turn it off at the swtich on the side of the furnace.

He's changed the you-know-what a couple times. I pulled a wire for the YKW.

So, the fellow called me, and it's running right along. Wants to know if he
should change the YKW again. No, don't do that.

Last time it happened, I got him to call me right over. I pulled the main
cover, and tapped ont he box with the electric. Went right out. Aha! Relay
isn't releasing. Replace the relay.

And a couple weeks later, it's happening again. What's the odds of a bad
relay a couple months later? Not all that much.

what's the next couple things to check? Sticky gas valve would cause that
problem. Any other common problems?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Ed Clarke

In article , Stormin Mormon wrote:

[snip]

So, should we flame your butt off for posting an alt.hvac question
in a "consumer" group? After all, turn about's fair play...
HeatMan

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, you working on it...

HeatMan

"Ed Clarke" wrote in message
In article , Stormin Mormon

wrote:

[snip]

So, should we flame your butt off for posting an alt.hvac question
in a "consumer" group? After all, turn about's fair play...

Flame away. He posts here because the alt.hvac people know he's an idiot.

Stormin Mormon

Only if you can document that I, personally, have flamed anyone on the HVAC
group. I'm one of the most polite people on that group.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Clarke" wrote in message
In article , Stormin Mormon wrote:

[snip]

So, should we flame your butt off for posting an alt.hvac question
in a "consumer" group? After all, turn about's fair play...

HeatMan

Flaming is one thing.

Not knowing what you're talking about is another...

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
Only if you can document that I, personally, have flamed anyone on the

HVAC
group. I'm one of the most polite people on that group.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com

"Ed Clarke" wrote in message
In article , Stormin Mormon

wrote:

[snip]

So, should we flame your butt off for posting an alt.hvac question
in a "consumer" group? After all, turn about's fair play...

Stormin Mormon

Hey, I typed an answer to your comment. And then seconds later, I remember
something more profound.

There was a very drunken man on a public bus. A very fat, and ugly woman
said with a sneer "You're drunk!".

The man replied "you're fat and ugly!"

The lady repeated "you're drunk".

The man repeated "you're fat and ugly".

The lady repeated.

The man returned with a big smile "But I'll be sober in the morning!".

My answer to you is that I will learn how to fix Heils.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeatMan" wrote in message
Flaming is one thing.

Not knowing what you're talking about is another...

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
Only if you can document that I, personally, have flamed anyone on the

HVAC
group. I'm one of the most polite people on that group.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com

"Ed Clarke" wrote in message
In article , Stormin Mormon

wrote:

[snip]

So, should we flame your butt off for posting an alt.hvac question
in a "consumer" group? After all, turn about's fair play...

Stormin Mormon

I'll agree with that. Education and explaination work on one of them. The
other one is usually incurable, except for the healing salve of the Gospel
of Christ.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeatMan" wrote in message
Flaming is one thing.

Not knowing what you're talking about is another...

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
Only if you can document that I, personally, have flamed anyone on the

HVAC
group. I'm one of the most polite people on that group.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com

"Ed Clarke" wrote in message
In article , Stormin Mormon

wrote:

[snip]

So, should we flame your butt off for posting an alt.hvac question
in a "consumer" group? After all, turn about's fair play...

Oscar_Lives

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
Hey, I typed an answer to your comment. And then seconds later, I remember
something more profound.

There was a very drunken man on a public bus. A very fat, and ugly woman
said with a sneer "You're drunk!".

The man replied "you're fat and ugly!"

The lady repeated "you're drunk".

The man repeated "you're fat and ugly".

The lady repeated.

The man returned with a big smile "But I'll be sober in the morning!".

My answer to you is that I will learn how to fix Heils.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com

Maybe you ought to learn who Jesus Christ is...

~KJPRO~

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
Hey, I typed an answer to your comment. And then seconds later, I

remember
something more profound.

There was a very drunken man on a public bus. A very fat, and ugly woman
said with a sneer "You're drunk!".

The man replied "you're fat and ugly!"

The lady repeated "you're drunk".

The man repeated "you're fat and ugly".

The lady repeated.

The man returned with a big smile "But I'll be sober in the morning!".

My answer to you is that I will learn how to fix Heils.

I doubt that!!!

Christopher A. Young
I need to Learn more about HVAC!!

**** snipped!!

Maybe you ought to learn who Jesus Christ is...

He can't, his eyes are glued shut!!

~kjpro~

HvacTech2

Hi Stormin, hope you are having a nice day

On 09-Oct-04 At About 15:27:09, Stormin Mormon wrote to All
Subject: Heil keep right on running

SM From: "Stormin Mormon"

SM Back from the customer's house. The furnace runs great by removing or
SM replacing the heat wire. Lights up, and goes right out. So, the
SM conclusion is either bad wire, or bad T-stat. I pulled the wire
SM myself, and checked that. Not shorted. Conclusion is that the YKW is
SM defective.

Of course it isn't shorted. can you tell me how I know this? you really
shouldn't mess with things you don't know about.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... Car phone answering machine: "Hi, I'm home right now..."- s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
TURTLE

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
Hey, I typed an answer to your comment. And then seconds later, I remember
something more profound.

There was a very drunken man on a public bus. A very fat, and ugly woman
said with a sneer "You're drunk!".

The man replied "you're fat and ugly!"

The lady repeated "you're drunk".

The man repeated "you're fat and ugly".

The lady repeated.

The man returned with a big smile "But I'll be sober in the morning!".

My answer to you is that I will learn how to fix Heils.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
www.mormons.com

Maybe you ought to learn who Jesus Christ is...

This is Turtle.

Not a chance. Jesus requires you to listen and understand !

TURTLE

Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"HeatMan" wrote in message
Flaming is one thing.

Not knowing what you're talking about is another...

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
Only if you can document that I, personally, have flamed anyone on the

HVAC
group. I'm one of the most polite people on that group.

Cough....you are one of the most ignorant people in the world

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Clarke" wrote in message
In article , Stormin Mormon

wrote:

[snip]

So, should we flame your butt off for posting an alt.hvac question
in a "consumer" group? After all, turn about's fair play...

Stormin Mormon

Back from the customer's house. The furnace runs great by removing or
replacing the heat wire. Lights up, and goes right out. So, the conclusion
is either bad wire, or bad T-stat. I pulled the wire myself, and checked
that. Not shorted. Conclusion is that the YKW is defective.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus