DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Right Insulation over cinder block (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/72093-right-insulation-over-cinder-block.html)

rhartin October 5th 04 06:49 AM

Right Insulation over cinder block

I have a small room in my basement that holds my oil tank & my workbench.One
half of the room is a cinder block wall,can i go right to wall with tuff-r
board or styrofoam board with liquid nails to insulate it.
thx

Edwin Pawlowski October 5th 04 11:18 AM

"rhartin" wrote in message
I have a small room in my basement that holds my oil tank & my
workbench.One
half of the room is a cinder block wall,can i go right to wall with tuff-r
board or styrofoam board with liquid nails to insulate it.
thx

Yes. By code, the insulation should be covered with sheetrock though. While
only a utility area, you may want to consider putting up some studs and
finishing it off a bit. If nothing else, hang some peg board over the
sheetrock for your tools.

Jim Elbrecht October 5th 04 02:54 PM

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"rhartin" wrote in message
I have a small room in my basement that holds my oil tank & my
workbench.One
half of the room is a cinder block wall,can i go right to wall with tuff-r
board or styrofoam board with liquid nails to insulate it.
thx

Yes. By code, the insulation should be covered with sheetrock though.

-snip--

Anyone have any experience with Dow's Thermax? [Dow says it doesn't
need a thermal barrier]

Does it meet codes? Does it cost more than styrofoam & sheetrock?

Is there another similar product by another company?

Jim