Frank Dennis

Default Mr. Heater

I would like to get some kind of auxillary heater that is portable, and
doesn't require a vent.
In the Northern Tool catalog, there is something called a "Big Buddy"
that will run on a 20 lb tank.
I am three telephone poles from the road, through the trees in my new
place, and I think some kind of backup might be a good idea. I would
probably use it also as an additional heat source in my shop, which is
part of a three car garage.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the "Mr. Heater"
products, or possibly, a better idea.

Thanks,

Frank

mark

These things work great. They are unvented though, so might not be legal in
your neck of the woods. I got one because it's quiet, it doesn't stink, and
it doesn't blow dust around. I used it in my wood shop until I moved, and
put in a vented wall unit with a little more horsepower.

"Frank Dennis" wrote in message
I would like to get some kind of auxillary heater that is portable, and
doesn't require a vent.
In the Northern Tool catalog, there is something called a "Big Buddy" that
will run on a 20 lb tank.
I am three telephone poles from the road, through the trees in my new
place, and I think some kind of backup might be a good idea. I would
probably use it also as an additional heat source in my shop, which is
part of a three car garage.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the "Mr. Heater"
products, or possibly, a better idea.

Thanks,

Frank

mark

"mark" wrote in message
These things work great. They are unvented though, so might not be legal
in your neck of the woods. I got one because it's quiet, it doesn't
stink, and it doesn't blow dust around. I used it in my wood shop until I
moved, and put in a vented wall unit with a little more horsepower.

Oh yeah, and they're good for backup because they don't need power.

Stormin Mormon

I own one, though I have not had to use it (thank God). My former boss has a
two burner one which he uses on the jobsite now and again. Really great
gadget. They do give off combustion products, so use them briefly not every
day. They oughta have a vent, but are made for job sites, and places which
are drafty.

Propane never "yellows" like kero. And stores forever, unless the tank
leaks.

I've also used kerosene heaters, w hich I really like.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Frank Dennis" wrote in message
I would like to get some kind of auxillary heater that is portable, and
doesn't require a vent.
In the Northern Tool catalog, there is something called a "Big Buddy"
that will run on a 20 lb tank.
I am three telephone poles from the road, through the trees in my new
place, and I think some kind of backup might be a good idea. I would
probably use it also as an additional heat source in my shop, which is
part of a three car garage.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the "Mr. Heater"
products, or possibly, a better idea.

Thanks,

Frank

AquaTherm Furnace - No Hot Water Issue David Home Repair 11 January 25th 18 09:44 PM
Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 02:57 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Repair 57 April 2nd 04 11:51 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Ownership 50 April 2nd 04 05:55 PM
Poor hot water heater performance dperez@juno_nospam.com Home Ownership 3 October 24th 03 04:21 PM