DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How much dirt in a load? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/71849-how-much-dirt-load.html)

Oscar_Lives October 3rd 04 03:28 AM

How much dirt in a load?

I need some topsoil. How many yards in a dump truck load?

zxcvbob October 3rd 04 03:37 AM

Oscar_Lives wrote:
I need some topsoil. How many yards in a dump truck load?

Six is pretty common for a small-to-average dump truck. Anything much
bigger and you really don't want it backing onto your driveway or in
your yard.

A very heavy duty pickup truck can carry almost 2 yards.

Best regards,
Bob

SJF October 3rd 04 11:56 PM

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
I need some topsoil. How many yards in a dump truck load?

I needed 4 cubic yards a few years ago. The big trucks the suppliers used
wouldn't make a trip for that amount. But they dumped 4 yards for me when
they were servicing a bigger customer. You can inquire.

As you know, trucks come in a variety of sizes. Serious operators tend to
use big ones.