DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Identify these keys (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/71828-identify-these-keys.html)

Stormin Mormon October 2nd 04 11:59 PM

Identify these keys

I think the third one is a wrench of some kind. The fourth one appears to be
a very old Yale. Any other guesses?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

willshak October 3rd 04 01:09 AM

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I think the third one is a wrench of some kind. The fourth one appears to be
a very old Yale. Any other guesses?

I haven't a clue. A couple look like they would make good beer bottle
cap removers (like for Beck's), if nothing else.

Stormin Mormon October 3rd 04 04:31 AM

I got two guesses on the Locksmithing usenet group. One fellow says that two
of them are keys for Model A Fords, the square hole is a gas valve wrench
for the acetylene tank.

Another fellow suggests the key with the notch in the handle might be a
bottle opener.

Some very wise folks out there. And I thank you all.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I think the third one is a wrench of some kind. The fourth one appears to

be
a very old Yale. Any other guesses?

Hi,
To me they all look sort of church key(bottle cap/can opener)
Tony

m Ransley October 3rd 04 08:15 AM

so much for the locksmith pro you adverised you are, id hate to see
your HVAC work . You ahack Boi

MUADIB® October 3rd 04 05:02 PM

IHave seen the torch wrench (with the square hole) with welding
equipment also. The one on the right is a Key for a Privacy lock type
Door set. They came with them when I was a kid I had a WHOLE bunch of
them , cause my grandfather was an Apartment maintenance guy, and I
got all the cool useless stuff like that................The "yale" key
looks like it was modified to open botlles.
The tooth/notching on the first one looks likesome nicely done
homemade Skeleton key substitute, made from some other tool metal.
(hacksaw blade or such)

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html