barry martin

Default Removing Ancient Intercom

Kyle:

KB Our new (circa late 1960's) house has a NuTone intercom system that needs t

KB go. Some of the functions work, but for the most part, the system is dead.
KB
KB After removing the face plate from the main control box, I found a label
KB that indicated that the system runs off of a 30V AC transformer (the label
KB says the transformer is "located elsewhere"). After crawling through a
KB large portion of the house, I still have not found "elsewhere".
KB
KB Where to begin? My first (possibly biggest) problem is that the "hot" wire
KB isn't apparent...
KB
KB Suggestions?

Find the 'mystery' transformer! Is it by the service panel? Does the
doorbell also connect? (Maybe dual secondary.) Perhaps use a
portable AM radio tuned to between stations. The transformer might
give off a staticy buzz.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* I've changed my mind. Great! Does it work any better?
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *
MC

I have found these transformers, also for doorbells, located in clrawl
space, attic space, on wall in laundry closet, and of course many mounted
near the service panel.

news:1052280324.094.697.5247268.1601515970.RIMEGat ...