Default REFRIGERATOR NOISES

We recently moved into a house
that has a ( used ) Magic Chef refrigerator.

I've cleaned the coils, fan, compressor
and drip-pan as part of "move-in maintenance".

About once every evening,
it sounds like the fridge is "Taking a leak".

I've checked he drip-pan, it has some moisture,
but nothing like what I'm hearing.

I figure it may have something to do with a defrost cycle....
but what is it ??..... refrigerant ?

????
rj
Bo Williams

RJ wrote:
We recently moved into a house
that has a ( used ) Magic Chef refrigerator.

I've cleaned the coils, fan, compressor
and drip-pan as part of "move-in maintenance".

About once every evening,
it sounds like the fridge is "Taking a leak".

I've checked he drip-pan, it has some moisture,
but nothing like what I'm hearing.

I figure it may have something to do with a defrost cycle....
but what is it ??..... refrigerant ?

Does it have an ice maker? Are you sure you aren't hearing the ice cube
tray fill up?
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/

TURTLE

"Bo Williams" wrote in message
RJ wrote:
We recently moved into a house that has a ( used ) Magic Chef refrigerator.

I've cleaned the coils, fan, compressor and drip-pan as part of "move-in
maintenance".

About once every evening,
it sounds like the fridge is "Taking a leak".

I've checked he drip-pan, it has some moisture,
but nothing like what I'm hearing.

I figure it may have something to do with a defrost cycle....
but what is it ??..... refrigerant ?

Does it have an ice maker? Are you sure you aren't hearing the ice cube tray
fill up?
--
Bo Williams -
http://hiwaay.net/~williams/

This is Turtle.

What your hearing maybe when the refrigerator goes into defrost cycle it turn
off everything that is running and no noise at all. then the freon left in the
high side of the freon lines will make a hissing noise for about 1 to 2 minutes
while the pressure equalize. This noise should not last more that 1 to 2 minutes
before stopping making the noise. This noise would sound like a water focet
running water but very lightly.

This is not a problem for you have this on all the systems and is hard to stop
it.

TURTLE

P.S. I just answered the wrong person and too lazy to retype it again.

jeff

"RJ" wrote in message . ..
We recently moved into a house
that has a ( used ) Magic Chef refrigerator.

I've cleaned the coils, fan, compressor
and drip-pan as part of "move-in maintenance".

About once every evening,
it sounds like the fridge is "Taking a leak".

I've checked he drip-pan, it has some moisture,
but nothing like what I'm hearing.

I figure it may have something to do with a defrost cycle....
but what is it ??..... refrigerant ?

????
rj

Hi,

*Some* common noises that could be heard with an modern frost free refrigerator....

http://www.applianceaid.com/images/fridgenoises.JPG

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/