MC

Default Structure/drive over Gas line

What are the requirements in most areas for having a driveway that is
over a protion of a gas line.

Also if wanting to have a small stroage building with concrete floor over
where gas line to house is, Do I need to have it moved ? I am assuming would
be best to do so.

Tracey

"MC" wrote in message
t...
What are the requirements in most areas for having a driveway that is
over a protion of a gas line.

Also if wanting to have a small stroage building with concrete floor over
where gas line to house is, Do I need to have it moved ? I am assuming

would
be best to do so.

I can't imagine that it is a huge problem, there are gas lines under our
street. The best bet would be to call your local gas company and ask them
if you are concerned.

Jon

"MC" wrote in message et...
What are the requirements in most areas for having a driveway that is
over a protion of a gas line.

Also if wanting to have a small stroage building with concrete floor over
where gas line to house is, Do I need to have it moved ? I am assuming would
be best to do so.

I'd suggest asking your local gas utility.

As for where the driveway crosses, it depends on depth of the line and
material it's made of. For a building, it might be a code violation to
have a buried utility (gas, water, electric, etc.) running under it.
Your gas utility should know the answer to this, too.

--Jon
chibiabos

In article , MC
wrote:

What are the requirements in most areas for having a driveway that is
over a protion of a gas line.

Also if wanting to have a small stroage building with concrete floor over
where gas line to house is, Do I need to have it moved ? I am assuming would
be best to do so.

We just had a gas line moved. From talking to the folks who did it and
the gas company people, it is okay to run gas lines under sidewalks,
driveways and such but NOT okay to run them under slabs or footings for
buildings.

As others have suggested, it's best to contact your utility for local
variations/restrictions.

-chib

--
(email: change out to in)

Line out jack Joseph Electronics 0 July 17th 04 11:21 AM
Telephone Line 1/ 2 barry martin Home Repair 0 March 8th 04 08:49 PM
phone line noise hank Home Ownership 8 December 7th 03 10:02 PM
Removing a Gas Line? Joseph Meehan Home Repair 3 July 15th 03 07:47 PM