Joe C

Default painting

I can never remember this: When painting a ceiling, do you roll it out
parallel or perpendicular to the main natural light source? The 3 windows
in the room I'm painting all face east.

TIA,

Joe C.

loutent

Jeez!

I've painted quite a few ceilings and I have never thought about this,
but it really does makes sense I suppose - for walls too in some
situations.

I would guess that you would "roll" perpindicular to the
main light source so as to minimize roll marks.

This assumes that your drywall/plaster is perfect to start with-
mine never is.

Next time I do a ceiling, I am definitely going to try to impress
SWMBO and anyone else standing by!

Thanks for the tip.

Lou

In article , Joe C
wrote:

I can never remember this: When painting a ceiling, do you roll it out
parallel or perpendicular to the main natural light source? The 3 windows
in the room I'm painting all face east.

TIA,

Joe C.

jeffc

"Joe C" wrote in message
I can never remember this: When painting a ceiling, do you roll it out
parallel or perpendicular to the main natural light source? The 3 windows
in the room I'm painting all face east.

a) you wouldn't roll solely in one direction anyway, you'd roll in a couple
directions and at angles to any straight lines in the room
b) with flat paint and careful application, it won't matter anyway.