Wayne

Default How to apply stucco?

I will be having a backyard courtyard built with stucco over concrete block
walls. I would like to try doing the stucco myself, but I have no
experience with stucco. Are there any good how-to Web sites for this? BTW,
what's the difference between stucco and plaster?
TIA

dadiOH

Wayne wrote:

BTW, what's the difference between stucco and plaster?

Portland cement vs gypsum. You want the portland and - considering the
small cost - I'd hire it done.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...

Greg

If you are already getting the block laid ask them how much you will save doing
your own stucco before you leap. You can probably get the knack of it by the
time you are done but the first parts are going to be ugly and I guarantee you
will waste a lot of mud getting started. A real stucco guy will make it look
easy and the first hawk full will look as good as the last.
Think about the texture you want. There are several variations.