Craig Toth

Default Do flush mount 220v outlets require a special box?

All the surface mount 220v outlets have a unique box. I have never seen a
box sold for surface mounting a 220v 50A outlet for a range.

I'm going to run a 220 line to install an electric slide-in range and I
thought a flush mount would ensure that there is room behind the stove.

Can I use a standard deep box for re-work?

HorneTD

Craig Toth wrote:
All the surface mount 220v outlets have a unique box. I have never seen a
box sold for surface mounting a 220v 50A outlet for a range.

I'm going to run a 220 line to install an electric slide-in range and I
thought a flush mount would ensure that there is room behind the stove.

Can I use a standard deep box for re-work?

IMS you will find that the fifty ampere outlet will only fit in a double
gang box. So you gang two deep old work boxes together to get the room
that the outlet requires. You may need the use of a 1&3/8" hole saw or
a 3/4" knock out die to make a KO large enough for the clamp for that
size cable.
--
Tom H