Patscga

Default Urethane mistake

There's a distinct line of demarcation about three feet long on my new hardwood
floor where the urethane was not applied properly; i.e. thick on one side of
the line, much thinner on the other. It bothers me every time look at it,
which is several times a day. Is there something that can be done about it? I
sent an email to the installer and he has not responded.
Thanks.

Pat
m Ransley

The installer needs to recoat the entire floor, If you do not hear from
him file in small claim tell him if he fixes it you will drop it. File
for full amount of job.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Patscga" wrote in message
There's a distinct line of demarcation about three feet long on my new
hardwood
floor where the urethane was not applied properly; i.e. thick on one side
of
the line, much thinner on the other. It bothers me every time look at it,
which is several times a day. Is there something that can be done about
it? I
sent an email to the installer and he has not responded.
Thanks.

Pat

It may have to be sanded to blend, then the entire floor re-coated. The
installer should be willing to do it if he is at all reputable.

Chet Hayes

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message m...
"Patscga" wrote in message
There's a distinct line of demarcation about three feet long on my new
hardwood
floor where the urethane was not applied properly; i.e. thick on one side
of
the line, much thinner on the other. It bothers me every time look at it,
which is several times a day. Is there something that can be done about
it? I
sent an email to the installer and he has not responded.
Thanks.

Pat

It may have to be sanded to blend, then the entire floor re-coated. The
installer should be willing to do it if he is at all reputable.

I agree, light sanding and then recoating the whole floor. It's
really simple and not all that much work. If he's reputable, he'll do
it. But, how did this happen to begin with? He must have done it in
two sections?
Charles Spitzer

k.net...

"Patscga" wrote in message
There's a distinct line of demarcation about three feet long on my new
hardwood
floor where the urethane was not applied properly; i.e. thick on one

side
of
the line, much thinner on the other. It bothers me every time look at

it,
which is several times a day. Is there something that can be done

about
it? I
sent an email to the installer and he has not responded.
Thanks.

Pat

It may have to be sanded to blend, then the entire floor re-coated. The
installer should be willing to do it if he is at all reputable.

If he will not respond to an e-mail complaint, then he is very likely not
reputable. Many states have statutes which protect the consumer against
fraudulent and deceptive business practices. Contact the Attorney

General's
office in your state to inquire. You may be entitled to more than the

amount
you paid. In some states it's three times what you paid if it involves

auto
or home repairs.

Bob

try that squarish thing. has 12 buttons or so on it. usually called the
TELEPHONE. not everyone, especially busy trades people, do their critical
business via email. perhaps he just didn't check it this week.