Stormin Mormon

Sounds like defrost failure. A refrig guy oughta be able to fix that. As
long as the compressor is working (which yours is) the fridge is fixable.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dan Hartung" wrote in message
I'm diagnosing a tenant's fridge problem. The lower compartment doesn't
get cold at all, the freezer works like a charm. There's air coming out
of the freezer's fan outlet, but nothing down below. We've defrosted,
I've chipped ice away from the lower compartment's fan baffle, and I'm
assuming at this point that I'll have to open the wall up to really
clear out the ductwork.

Roper RT18DKXXL00 / 18ATR92

It's 12 years old, so not worth a great deal of repair expense. If
clearing the duct fails, I'm thinking I need to test the frost-free
components based on the advice at
http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_notcold.html

Am I proceeding the right way? Any other advice? I'm handy enough with
tools but multimeter testing is sort of a vague area to me.

Other symptoms are no dripping from the back drains, and one seems to be
rusting up at the junction between metal and plastic. Could that be the
ultimate cause?

Compressor and condenser seem OK from what I can tell, but then, I'm not
100% sure what to check.

TURTLE

[...]

This is Turtle.

Yes Defrost terminator , Defrost Elements, and Defrost Timer are in line to look
at.

Now you can have a defrost drain can stopped up and water will freeze in the air
duct between the top and the bottom. This is something to look at as to drain
stopped up and cause water to freeze up air channels under the freeze
compartment floor. Totally defrost it and let it sit over nite and then clean
out drain pipe going from freezer coil to pan under the units on right side.

TURTLE

Integrated fridge John UK diy 3 April 29th 04 12:08 PM
Fridge freezer annoyance Craig Graham UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 10:12 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM