Old June 15th 21, 08:00 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default Deoderant advertises suicide?

Commander Kinsey wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

It is hard to find anything in the consumer marketplace
that doesn't have some kind of warning.

That’s bull**** with all of gasoline, diesel, tap
water, rivers, the ocean, roads etc etc etc.

Worst case is probably a ladder.

In California it is ridiculous. (Prop 65)
Everything causes cancer in California.

Tap water doesn’t.

Does if it's polluted.

But doesn’t when it isnt.

Neither do donuts.

Is fat a type of cancer?

Nope.

It's a huge growth....

So is your beer gut.

If they're donuts in America and not doughnuts, do they make them with do?

Corse they do.

Old June 15th 21, 08:02 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:18:05 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

Have you ever used used a ladder?

Impossible not to when you build a house on bare block of land,
have an row of trees close to the house on the south side of the
house in the southern hemisphere with some of them more than
100' high now. In fact I have 5 of them, two extension ladders,
two 8' step ladders, one small step ladder I use for stacking up
the milk crates full of full sized glass beer bottles we call long necks.

Not one of them has any warning at all.

In the UK they have a huge (usually about 7 inches square) red sticker
under the top platform, listing 10 different things you can do wrong.

No top platform on any of mine and we arent that stupid.

Never seen anything like that on a car either.

Old June 15th 21, 08:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 9:39:09 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:11:36 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

It is hard to find anything in the consumer marketplace that doesn't
have some kind of warning. Worst case is probably a ladder.

In California it is ridiculous. (Prop 65)
Everything causes cancer in California.

California causes cancer. They put these signs all along the CA border.

https://i.imgur.com/INz6ANQ.jpg
Old June 15th 21, 08:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: Deoderant advertises suicide?

on 6/15/2021, Sam E supposed :
Why do they put death warnings on deoderant? Isn't that encouraging
suicide? I have one here that says "solvent abuse can kill instantly".
Well thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to use that method now you've
told me about it....

Thinking of warnings, I've had a lawn mower with a warning sticker saying
don't put your hands and feet under the deck while it's running. Maybe
somebody thinks it'll just clean your finger and toe nails.

I've seen stepladders with warnings about not using the top 'step' to
step on. I had a miniature working cannon with a warning sticker which
stated "Do not look into barrel of cannon while firing".

That last one is the one that really started me thinking about stupid
warnings on things.
Old June 15th 21, 08:12 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 03:48:50 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Well, I think you have to put dire warnings on everything these days.

No you don’t with the obvious stuff.

It is hard to find anything in the consumer marketplace
that doesn't have some kind of warning.

That’s bull**** with all of gasoline, diesel, tap
water, rivers, the ocean, roads etc etc etc.

You have never seen a US gas pump then I guess.
This is the typical label along with a big "No Smoking" sign.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0014/3186/3369/products/U-MD-598-2_335x500_1a11f31f-c076-4331-be60-7f2bd7ecedb7_475x500.jpg?v=1565120849

In a lot of places there is a warning stuffed in your water bill
warning about things in the water.
Roads are full of warning signs.
So are rivers and ponds

Old June 15th 21, 08:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

"FromTheRafters" wrote in message
on 6/15/2021, Sam E supposed :
Why do they put death warnings on deoderant? Isn't that encouraging
suicide? I have one here that says "solvent abuse can kill instantly".
Well thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to use that method now
you've told me about it....

Thinking of warnings, I've had a lawn mower with a warning sticker saying
don't put your hands and feet under the deck while it's running. Maybe
somebody thinks it'll just clean your finger and toe nails.

I've seen stepladders with warnings about not using the top 'step' to step
on. I had a miniature working cannon with a warning sticker which stated
"Do not look into barrel of cannon while firing".

That last one is the one that really started me thinking about stupid
warnings on things.

Our sharks and crocodiles have all been fitted with big signs
saying 'this animal can kill you' Waterproof signs of course.

Old June 15th 21, 08:14 PM posted to alt.computer.workshop,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Jun 15, 2021 at 11:18:05 AM MST, ""Rod Speed"" wrote
:

Snit wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

https://www.grainger.com/know-how/sa...r-requirements

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot
use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow

Old June 15th 21, 08:18 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:12:24 -0500, Sam E

Why do they put death warnings on deoderant? Isn't that encouraging
suicide? I have one here that says "solvent abuse can kill instantly".
Well thanks for letting me know, I'll be sure to use that method now
you've told me about it....

Thinking of warnings, I've had a lawn mower with a warning sticker
saying don't put your hands and feet under the deck while it's running.
Maybe somebody thinks it'll just clean your finger and toe nails.

Stupid people have done enough dumb stuff to get the government to
make lawn mowers almost unusable. If you try to back up my Troy Bilt
rider with the blades going the motor stops. That is just one of the
nagging things they have done.
Old June 15th 21, 08:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Rod Speed explained on 6/15/2021 :

[...]

Reading the warnings for laptop batteries it sounded more like a handy
tool for an assassin's toolbox -- a real go-to item.
Old June 15th 21, 08:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default The Two Brain Dead Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 05:00:44 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rodent Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rodent: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rodent: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rodent Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rodent Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."