DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT. Montana Overrun (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/687157-ot-montana-overrun.html)

Dean Hoffman[_18_] June 14th 21 01:50 AM

OT. Montana Overrun

by New Yorkers according to this article.
https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/montana-the-sold-out-state-new-yorkers-cant-get-enough-of/

Maybe there's a job opening or two translating New York speak into English.

rbowman June 14th 21 06:16 AM

OT. Montana Overrun

On 06/13/2021 05:50 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
by New Yorkers according to this article.
https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/montana-the-sold-out-state-new-yorkers-cant-get-enough-of/

Maybe there's a job opening or two translating New York speak into English.

Like the osprey, they go away when it starts to get cold. The funny
thing is if I were looking for a neon nazi I'd start in Kalispell.

Peeler[_4_] June 14th 21 09:54 AM

OT. Montana Overrun

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:16:07 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling
Senile Gossip

Like the osprey, they go away when it starts to get cold. The funny
thing is if I were looking for a neon nazi I'd start in Kalispell.

The funny thing here is watching you spouting your absolutely idiotic senile
**** in your known flowery manner, senile cretin! LOL

micky June 14th 21 09:42 PM

OT. Montana Overrun

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 13 Jun 2021 16:50:47 -0700 (PDT), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

by New Yorkers according to this article.
https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/montana-the-sold-out-state-new-yorkers-cant-get-enough-of/

Maybe there's a job opening or two translating New York speak into English.

This is one of those cases where property tax should not increase until
a property is sold, or should increase only by a small percentage.

How do you tell the difference between Jessica Biel and Jennifer Beals?

Dean Hoffman[_18_] June 14th 21 11:23 PM

OT. Montana Overrun

Hoffman wrote:

by New Yorkers according to this article.
https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/montana-the-sold-out-state-new-yorkers-cant-get-enough-of/

Maybe there's a job opening or two translating New York speak into English.

This is one of those cases where property tax should not increase until
a property is sold, or should increase only by a small percentage.

How do you tell the difference between Jessica Biel and Jennifer Beals?

One squeals and the other doesn't?????

I meant to add a link to a story telling about the rich people moving to Montana to stay
and driving up housing costs.
https://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/why-are-hordes-of-wealthy-people-hitting-the-escape-button-and-heading-to-montana/

Ralph Mowery[_3_] June 15th 21 12:09 AM

OT. Montana Overrun

In article ,
says...

I meant to add a link to a story telling about the rich people moving to Montana to stay
and driving up housing costs.
https://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/why-are-hordes-of-wealthy-people-hitting-the-escape-button-and-heading-to-montana/

They do not have to be all that rich.

When moving from an area in a state where a house is close to $ 500,000
to a state where the same house would only be $ 150,000 they have to
spend all of the money or pay a bunch of capital gains tax.

Damn Yankeeys are driving the prices of homes up around here in NC.
There is a housing shortage now and any home worth while is selling
above the asking price due to a buyer's bidding war.
Some shanney houses that are only worth about $ 50,000 prices have gone
way up just so people can demolish the house and use the land. The tax
prices on the shanneys are causing many not to be able to afford to live
in them.

Jim Joyce June 15th 21 05:50 AM

OT. Montana Overrun

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 18:09:20 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

Is a shanney similar to a shanty? (a small, crudely built, shack. a hut,
cabin, lean-to)

If so, I can see why folks would knock them down and rebuild, assuming they
have the money to do so.

Ralph Mowery[_3_] June 15th 21 06:02 AM

OT. Montana Overrun

In article ,
lid says...

Is a shanney similar to a shanty? (a small, crudely built, shack. a hut,
cabin, lean-to)

If so, I can see why folks would knock them down and rebuild, assuming they
have the money to do so.

I probably misspelled it. Maybe even miss used it to some extent. I was
thinking of some houses that were built a good number of years ago and
just barely good enough to live in. Those homes were all the people of
low paying jobs could afford around 50 years ago and are still living in
them as they are still all they can afford. The homes were probably
built just after WW2 if not before.

Buck Fiden June 15th 21 12:30 PM

OT. Montana Overrun

On 6/14/21 6:09 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...
[...]

We are living under Biden's "Misery Index."

Buck Fiden June 15th 21 01:01 PM

OT. Montana Overrun

Hoffman wrote:

by New Yorkers according to this article.
https://nypost.com/2021/06/12/montana-the-sold-out-state-new-yorkers-cant-get-enough-of/

Maybe there's a job opening or two translating New York speak into English.

This is one of those cases where property tax should not increase until
a property is sold, or should increase only by a small percentage.

Somebody has got to pay for all the democrat's "free" giveaway programs.

[email protected] June 15th 21 03:41 PM

OT. Montana Overrun

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:50:48 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 18:09:20 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

The ones around here are 1600-1700 sq/ft masonry homes that they paid
$350k and up for. Not exactly tar paper shacks.