DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT need advice for my neighbor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/687147-ot-need-advice-my-neighbor.html)

micky June 12th 21 10:21 PM

OT need advice for my neighbor

OT My neighbors say their daughter is getting married in October. They
are all very conservative, especially the daughter and her fiance. And
they've been following very carefully the recount in Arizona. And they
are Catholic and they've arranged for the marriage to be peformed by
Father Ninja. They say he's best, strongest priest anyone can find,
and they'll really be married after he does it.

My neighbors don't think Father Ninja is a real priest and they've asked
my advice, and I'm asking you, What should I tell them?

Dean Hoffman[_18_] June 12th 21 10:53 PM

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 3:21:57 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:
OT My neighbors say their daughter is getting married in October. They
are all very conservative, especially the daughter and her fiance. And
they've been following very carefully the recount in Arizona. And they
are Catholic and they've arranged for the marriage to be peformed by
Father Ninja. They say he's best, strongest priest anyone can find,
and they'll really be married after he does it.

My neighbors don't think Father Ninja is a real priest and they've asked
my advice, and I'm asking you, What should I tell them?

https://canonlawmadeeasy.com/2016/02/18/how-can-you-tell-a-real-priest-from-a-fake/

You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it.
[info][add][mail][note]
Art Buchwald (1925 - 2007)

Ralph Mowery[_3_] June 12th 21 10:55 PM

OT need advice for my neighbor

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

OT My neighbors say their daughter is getting married in October. They
are all very conservative, especially the daughter and her fiance. And
they've been following very carefully the recount in Arizona. And they
are Catholic and they've arranged for the marriage to be peformed by
Father Ninja. They say he's best, strongest priest anyone can find,
and they'll really be married after he does it.

My neighbors don't think Father Ninja is a real priest and they've asked
my advice, and I'm asking you, What should I tell them?

What makes a priest anyway ? What is a STRONG priest ? I could start a
church of Ralph and make myself a priest in that church. There may be
a way to check if he has the offical credentials from the town that
allows him to sign the paperwork that states the couple are married by
law.

The wife an I got married over 40 years ago by some woman in a
government office. Must have taken as that was over 40 years ago and
still are.

If I really wanted to make sure, I would just pick up the phone and call
the Pope at the Vadican and ask him about the man :-)

Rod Speed June 12th 21 10:56 PM

OT need advice for my neighbor

micky wrote

OT My neighbors say their daughter is getting married in October.
They are all very conservative, especially the daughter and her fiance.
And they've been following very carefully the recount in Arizona. And
they are Catholic and they've arranged for the marriage to be peformed
by Father Ninja. They say he's best, strongest priest anyone can find,
and they'll really be married after he does it.

My neighbors don't think Father Ninja is a real priest and they've
asked my advice, and I'm asking you, What should I tell them?

That they have the right idea and that they should get married
tomorrow in case Father Ninja gets infected and dies.

Peeler[_4_] June 12th 21 11:07 PM

Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 06:56:06 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Tekkie June 12th 21 11:32 PM

OT need advice for my neighbor

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 16:55:26 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to
digest...

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

[...]

Right o, don't forget your $$$

--
Tekkie

Rod Speed June 12th 21 11:42 PM

OT need advice for my neighbor

"Dean Hoffman" wrote
micky wrote

OT My neighbors say their daughter is getting married in October. They
are all very conservative, especially the daughter and her fiance. And
they've been following very carefully the recount in Arizona. And they
are Catholic and they've arranged for the marriage to be peformed by
Father Ninja. They say he's best, strongest priest anyone can find,
and they'll really be married after he does it.

My neighbors don't think Father Ninja is a real priest and they've asked
my advice, and I'm asking you, What should I tell them?

https://canonlawmadeeasy.com/2016/02/18/how-can-you-tell-a-real-priest-from-a-fake/

Must be much worse now that there is such a desperate shortage of priests.

Unlikely, if someone claiming to be a priest shows up claiming to be
on holiday and offering to do a mass or two as a standin for a priest
who finds it very onerous to travel to do masses in various churches
to demand the right letter or celebret.

Peeler[_4_] June 12th 21 11:55 PM

Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 07:42:33 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH more of the trolling senile asshole's latest troll**** unread

Marilyn Manson June 13th 21 12:51 AM

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 4:21:57 PM UTC-4, micky wrote:
OT My neighbors say their daughter is getting married in October. They
are all very conservative, especially the daughter and her fiance. And
they've been following very carefully the recount in Arizona. And they
are Catholic and they've arranged for the marriage to be peformed by
Father Ninja. They say he's best, strongest priest anyone can find,
and they'll really be married after he does it.

My neighbors don't think Father Ninja is a real priest and they've asked
my advice, and I'm asking you, What should I tell them?

“You’re going to have such a great marriage, at a tiny fraction of the cost -
and it’s going to be so easy.”

Oh...wait...that's health care. Never mind.

[email protected] June 13th 21 01:56 AM

OT need advice for my neighbor

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 16:21:51 -0400, micky
wrote:

OT My neighbors say their daughter is getting married in October. They
are all very conservative, especially the daughter and her fiance. And
they've been following very carefully the recount in Arizona. And they
are Catholic and they've arranged for the marriage to be peformed by
Father Ninja. They say he's best, strongest priest anyone can find,
and they'll really be married after he does it.

My neighbors don't think Father Ninja is a real priest and they've asked
my advice, and I'm asking you, What should I tell them?

What difference does it make? If God is happy with Father Ninja and
they bought a marriage permit from the local government, pot's right.
The only legal issue is the happy couple signing the marriage license
and maybe having it notarized (Florida law YMMV somewhere else).
The ceremony is just hocus pocus to keep the parents happy.