Old June 15th 21, 02:21 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT need advice for my neighbor

wrote:

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 12:11:01 AM UTC-4, Marilyn Manson wrote:

I just went to a wedding on Friday night. The bride and groom paid
for almost everything: The hamburgers, the hot dogs and the fee
to the county for the park lodge. I say "almost everything" because
the guests brought their own drinks and a dish for the buffet line.
Man, there was a lot of really good food!

That's how my wedding was, except we had a whole roast pig (the
wedding gift from the groom's brothers) instead of burgers and dogs.
We provided beer and non-alcoholic beverages. Everybody brought
a side dish. A big bowl of fresh strawberries instead of wedding
cake.

Cindy Hamilton

Works for me Cindy!

Old June 15th 21, 04:57 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:24:02 -0700 (PDT), Marilyn Manson
wrote:

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 3:17:29 PM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 08:04:16 -0700 (PDT), Marilyn Manson
wrote:

I usually don't give wedding gifts. I ask the couple what their favorite charity
or cause is and I make a donation in their name. I do the same in lieu of funeral
flowers, although most families already request that these days.

There was a Seinfeld episode about making a donation in lieu of giving an
actual gift. George Costanza was not amused when it happened to him. I
don't think it's a bad idea, though.

Yeah, but he was amused later in the same episode...

George: Hey, check this out. I gotta give out Christmas presents to everyone
down at Kruger, so I'm pulling a Whatley. (Gives a Christmas card to Jerry)

Jerry: (Reading it) "A donation has been made in your name to the
Human Fund." - What is that?

George: (With pride) Made it up.

Jerry: (Continuing reading) "The Human Fund. Money for people."

George: What do you think?

Jerry: It has a certain understated stupidity.

But, later, he redeems himself. :-)

GEORGE: I think I could be a philanthropist. A kick ass philanthropist!
I would have all this money, and people would love me. Then they
would come to me... and beg! And if I felt like it, I would help them
out. And then they would owe me big time! (Thinking to himself)
... First thing I'm gonna need is a driver...

Very nice.

My son is a big Seinfeld fan and just yesterday he flew to DC and went to
pick up his rental car, which he had reserved around the middle of last
week. They politely told him they didn't have a car for him. That triggered
a whole Seinfeld dialogue, since that was the topic of another episode.

Old June 15th 21, 09:56 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:31:11 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:03:49 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 6/14/2021 8:53 AM,
wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 02:08:53 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 12:11:01 AM UTC-4, Marilyn Manson wrote:

I just went to a wedding on Friday night. The bride and groom paid
for almost everything: The hamburgers, the hot dogs and the fee
to the county for the park lodge. I say "almost everything" because
the guests brought their own drinks and a dish for the buffet line.
Man, there was a lot of really good food!

That's how my wedding was, except we had a whole roast pig (the
wedding gift from the groom's brothers) instead of burgers and dogs.
We provided beer and non-alcoholic beverages. Everybody brought
a side dish. A big bowl of fresh strawberries instead of wedding cake.

Cindy Hamilton

I married my wife a couple of times. The ceremony was at the beach
with the family. The guys at work chipped in and bought Sonny's BBQ
and a keg of beer. It was boat in only. No legal papers changed hands
so it was just that, a big show for all of the parents.
Later we bought a permit and got it notarized down in the Keys.

I just heard a good one about a guy going to Florida to get married and
the guys bought him a wedding bathing suit.

He wore it and jumped into the surf and all the stitches in the bathing
suit dissolved.

Let the honeymoon begin.

Brides day.....& Grooms night.....

--