Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On 6/11/2021 6:18 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 6/11/21 10:13 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/11/2021 9:20 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and
nothing else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to
say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

"Price point" instead of "price."

They have different meanings and not interchangeable.* I guess many
don't know that.

The difference being.......?

Simple. Price of this drill is $19.95

We make drills for different price points. The $20 range, the $50
range, the $100 range to reach different markets.

The $20 price point could be $15 to $25 depending on model.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default What words or phrases annoy you?

On 6/11/2021 6:24 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 6/11/21 4:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Those terms are useful. What other term would you use that is better ?

I also get annoyed with a gradual change to the names of organisations
for blind people calling themselves. Vision Australia, or London
Vision, or Vision foundation etc,Â* Vision loss is fine, but these
organisations sound like some kind of hippy think tank, not a charity
to help blind people, what is wrong with blind, or vision loss or
partially sighted??

Too long.

You get the same problem with disabled, the worst of the fools donÂ’t
like
to admit that they are disabled and use other silly terms.

It's not the disabled who wantb other terms. It's those who "feel"
for them.

Yes, the world is a better place since we no longer have retarded or
crippled people.

Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges to be
classified as such...

And I worked with all of them over the years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 13:03:59 -0500, Kelly Phillips
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 16:23:56 -0400, micky wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:36:53 +0100, "Commander
Kinsey" wrote:

Tap instead of click.

That makes sense if you're talking about a phone.

App instead of program.

Definitely. The whole process of ignoring computer and writing only
about phones annoys me.

Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).

Yes, people should get that right.

Saying less when they mean fewer is annoying to me. My local news makes
that mistake almost daily. "Less people attended the art festival this
year." Less people? WTH is that? Amputees? They mean fewer people, of
course, but it annoys me that I have to mentally translate.

Also, orientated instead of oriented, or drownded instead of drowned.

How about the misuse of evacuate?

"100 people were evacuated"

That's not misuse. You need a distinction between removed and evacuated.

I bet that was messy

Definition of evacuate

transitive verb
1 : to remove the contents of : empty
2 : to discharge from the body as waste : void
3 : to remove something (such as gas or water) from especially by
pumping
4a : to remove especially from a military zone or dangerous area

It fits that one fine.

b : to withdraw from military occupation of

You can evacuate a building but you can't evacuate people

You are in fact removing them from an area which isnt a building.

unless you pump their stomach or give them an enema.

Wrong, it's a variation on 4a

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Kinsey" wrote:

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

I don't like it when people say, My name is Dr. John Smith.

There are tv commercials for medical devices and procedures and
interviews were people say things like this.

They should say, My name is John Smith, or if they want, "I am Dr. John
Smith."

Dr. is a title and it's not part of their name. Same with all the other
titles, military, political, diplomatic, clerical, scholastic, royal,
semi-military like police and fire, etc.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Kinsey" wrote:

[...]

Also, using "obviously" for things that are not obvious.

What they usually mean is "not surprisingly".

Just this past week I heard someone say on the news, "This was obviously
the hardest decision of my life". We don't know what other decisions
he's had to make, or how hard that one was. There are other examples
that are even worse.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 12 Jun 2021 04:18:00 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

You get the same problem with disabled, the worst of the fools
don’t like to admit that they are disabled and use other silly terms.

Disabled has a meaning, but it's not the one they think it is and it's
not the one they usually want. When you disable the starter motor, or
the AC, or anything, it doesn't work anymore. All of the "advocates
for the disabled" try to make the point that most of them are useful.
They can overcome their problems, either with technical help or just by
taking more time, etc. They are still able to do things. They are not
disabled. Sometimes they even call them "differntly abled", a terrible
construction but it still makes the point that they are not disabled.

The word they wanted they already had, handicapped. Handicapped means
you can do it but it takes longer or maybe you don't do it quite as
well. So golfers are given a handicap, but it's really an
anti-handicap to be able to compare their scores on a given day with
par.

IIUC jockey's who don't weigh as much as the other jockey's get weights
put on their horse to make the race fair, unrelated to the weight of the
jockey. The weight is a handicap, but the horse still finishes the
race.

All this started by a misunderstanding, thinking that handicap was
related to some kind of begging with a cap in one's hand, but that would
be capihand. The origin of handicap is different. It's an entirely
different word.

Strangely, afaict they still have handicap parking. I guess the
disabled are not allowed to park there, but then again, if they're
disabled, they can't drive anyhow.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 11 Jun 2021 19:58:01 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 6/11/2021 6:24 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 6/11/21 4:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Those terms are useful. What other term would you use that is better ?

I also get annoyed with a gradual change to the names of organisations
for blind people calling themselves. Vision Australia, or London
Vision, or Vision foundation etc,* Vision loss is fine, but these
organisations sound like some kind of hippy think tank, not a charity
to help blind people, what is wrong with blind, or vision loss or
partially sighted??

Too long.

You get the same problem with disabled, the worst of the fools don?t
like
to admit that they are disabled and use other silly terms.

It's not the disabled who wantb other terms. It's those who "feel"
for them.

Yes, the world is a better place since we no longer have retarded or

Of course retarded was a gentle word when it was first used. It meant
that it took them longer to do something, as in the first meaning of the
word retard at dictionary.com, "to make slow; delay the development or
progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede." But as with
handicapped, it implied that they would finish, just later than others.
Unfortunately, maybe, this choice of words didn't fool onlookers when it
came to those who were so retarded that they never learned certain
things. Plus there are the nasty people who used it as insult. So the
word fell out of favor.

It reminds me of some of the words for prison. Reformatory, a place
where the person will be reformed. Penitentiary, a place where he will
do penitence (and maybe penance). Correctional Institute, a place where
he will be corrected. The similarity with retarded is that people
forget the original meaning of the word, and it just sounds like another
word for prison.

crippled people.

I think I agree that cripple is usually obsolete now because for so many
people there are prostheses and motorized things, so that most are not
as crippled as they once would have been, maybe not at all. But otoh,
when someone can't do something, saying he's crippled shouldn't be
offensive. Changing the words used doesn't make his health any better.

Have you ever seen the original version of The Best years of our Lives,
where the soldier who has lost both his forearms and hands returns home
from the war. Played by a man who was in just that situation.

Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges to be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now. Just use IQ
numbers?

And I worked with all of them over the years.

I've met many of your co-workers at one bar or another.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 11 Jun 2021 04:30:34 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 11 Jun 2021 08:46:33 +0100, Andy Bennet
wrote:

On 10/06/2021 17:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

At this present moment in time.

Yeah, that bothers me too, although I think what I've heard is slightly
different. It seems like a phoney effort to look competent and precise
because the things described don't even happen in a moment. Often they
take weeks. I first noticed this, and I think it started, from people
in the Nixon administration

"This point in time". That's what Herdelman and Erdelman used to say.

At the end of the day.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

We make drills for different price points.* The $20 range, the $50
range, the $100 range to reach different markets.
The $20 price point could be $15 to $25 depending on model.

So a point is a range, glad that's cleared up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 12:41:58 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the auto-contradicting senile pest's latest auto-contradicting
session

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 23:00:09 -0400, micky mouse, the notorious,
troll-feeding, senile ASSHOLE, blathered again:

I don't like it when people say, My name is Dr. John Smith.

Well, too bad for you, micky mouse, you notorious troll-feeding senile
asshole!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges to be
classified as such...

I didn't know about the name to IQ mapping.

And I worked with all of them over the years.

Yes, they usually get promoted very quickly to management roles.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

micky wrote
Rod Speed wrote

You get the same problem with disabled, the worst of the fools
don't like to admit that they are disabled and use other silly terms.

Disabled has a meaning, but it's not the one they
think it is and it's not the one they usually want.

That's just one of the meanings of disabled.

When you disable the starter motor, or the
AC, or anything, it doesn't work anymore.

With people its actually the reverse of the much older term abled,
in the sense of an able bodied person or servant or seaman etc.

All of the "advocates for the disabled" try to
make the point that most of them are useful.

Yes but disabled doesn't rule that out with people.

They can overcome their problems, either with technical help or
just by taking more time, etc. They are still able to do things.

Yes.

They are not disabled.

Yes they are in the sense that they arent abled.

Sometimes they even call them "differntly abled",

Yeah, that's one of the more silly terms I was referring to.

But even that isnt accurate because they are hardly ever
more abled than people generally are, in a particular area.

There are some exceptions like say the blind can have a
much better memory than a not disabled person etc.

a terrible construction but it still makes
the point that they are not disabled.

They are actually disabled in the sense that the word abled is used with
people.

The word they wanted they already had, handicapped.

They don't like that word either. Or crippled
even tho some of them are crippled.

Handicapped means you can do it but it takes
longer or maybe you don't do it quite as well.

Just as true of disabled.

So golfers are given a handicap, but it's really
an anti-handicap to be able to compare their
scores on a given day with par.

That's different again.

IIUC jockey's who don't weigh as much as the other
jockey's get weights put on their horse to make the
race fair, unrelated to the weight of the jockey. The
weight is a handicap, but the horse still finishes the race.

All this started by a misunderstanding, thinking that
handicap was related to some kind of begging with
a cap in one's hand, but that would be capihand.
The origin of handicap is different. It's an entirely
different word.

Strangely, afaict they still have handicap parking.

Not here, its called disabled here.

I guess the disabled are not allowed to park there, but
then again, if they're disabled, they can't drive anyhow.

Yes they can. If they were disabled like with a starter motor
they would be dead, not able to do anything at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 6/12/21 2:06 AM, micky wrote:
Just this past week I heard someone say on the news, "This was obviously
the hardest decision of my life". We don't know what other decisions
he's had to make, or how hard that one was. There are other examples
that are even worse.

You obviously need to pick a better news channel.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

?

[...]

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

Just use IQ numbers?

Nope.

And I worked with all of them over the years.

I've met many of your co-workers at one bar or another.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 20:14:11 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

That's just one of the meanings of disabled.

A clearly disabled senile troll now lecturing about "disabled"! LMAO

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

"Buck Fiden" wrote in message
On 6/12/21 2:06 AM, micky wrote:
Just this past week I heard someone say on the news, "This was obviously
the hardest decision of my life". We don't know what other decisions
he's had to make, or how hard that one was. There are other examples
that are even worse.

"This was obviously the hardest decision of my life" may be hyperbole, but
it could be taken at face value: the speaker knows what decisions he's had
to make up to now in his life, and judges the one he's talking about to be
the hardest of those (without enumerating all the decisions). Obviously
no-one can compare it with decisions in the future which they have not yet
faced, but I'd take "of my life" to mean "of my life *so far*".

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges to be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now.

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning difficulties"
which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred to
as "the hard of thinking" as an extension of the similar derivation "the
hard of hearing".

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 12/06/2021 10:38, NY wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges to
be classified as such...

I didn't know about the name to IQ mapping.

And I worked with all of them over the years.

Yes, they usually get promoted very quickly to management roles.

There's a very good mathematical explanation for this:
https://twitter.com/Cramtirolf/statu...847233/photo/1
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 6/11/21 3:48 PM, Kelly Phillips wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 15:49:41 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

I don't tap or click my computer I operate it with the keyboard. I get
annoyed by sites that say for more info tap here, then hide it way down the
tab order in a page so you loose the will to live trying to focus it to
operate it.

loose versus lose

One of the most common errors around here. Also mixing up breath (as in
take a breath) and breathe (as in breathe freely).

--
"I don't believe in god because I don't believe in Mother Goose." --
Clarence Darrow

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On 06/12/2021 04:25 AM, NY wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges
to be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now.

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning difficulties"
which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred
to as "the hard of thinking" as an extension of the similar derivation
"the hard of hearing".

In this group the euphemism is '****ing moron'.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:40:28 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Draw instead of drawer with a chest of draws on facebook.
Not annoy so much as just ****ed.

Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.

You don't click anything with a smartphone.

You might as well call it a click.

But then everyone will ask how you click with a smartphone.

So if I told you to drive to Melbourne and you didn't drive, you wouldn't have the sense to take a bus?

It's precisely the same action.

But the anals like you will howl about that.

No I wouldn't. It's always been click. Touchscreens are a new thing.

App instead of program.

Works better than prog.

They both sound stupid.

Only to the pathetically anal.

But as an Aussie you're more used to excessive
shortening of everything, like "arvo" would
never be acceptable in the UK.

Your problem, as always.

Even you dregs use bob, bill, joe etc etc etc.

Words have to be longer to be unique.

Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).

Not that pathetically anal.

The pathetic are the ones that insist on using the "correct" one.

You are just as pathetic.

********. I detest the pathetic ones. You can't say someone is pathetic for hating what pathetic people do.

Slowed up instead of slowed down
(slow is less speed, so must be down).

Not that pathetically anal.

It's a blatant contradiction!

Only for the pathetically anal.

No, it's just wrong. What if I told you to heat down your food, or cool it up in the fridge?

People who write computer programs
that say "hello world" and nothing else

Doesn't happen enough to matter anymore.

I only need to see it once to want to kill.

Because you are that pathetically anal.

You can look a geek in the eyes and not feel that desire?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:54:19 +0100, gareth evans wrote:

On 10/06/2021 17:36, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Heads up.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:01:14 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

gareth evans wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Visitation instead of visit.

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.

Commentator instead of commenter.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 20:01:07 +0100, FromTheRafters wrote:

Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :
gareth evans wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Visitation instead of visit.

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.

Cayn't get theyah from heeyah.

Do some actually believe that can be true?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop,alt.usage.english

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 02:45:39 +0100, micky wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:08:12 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:01:13 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.
Cayn't get theyah from heeyah.

I don't think he means "Yankee" the way we mean "Yankee".

He'll probably think of it at some point and enlighten us.

Cindy Hamilton

To the rest of the world, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a northerner.
To a Northerner, a Yankee is someone from New England.
To a New Englander, a Yankee is someone from Maine.
To someone from Maine, a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie for
breakfast.

Better to say Merkin for unambiguity.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop,alt.usage.english

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 21:41:02 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"FromTheRafters" wrote in message
Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :
gareth evans wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Visitation instead of visit.

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.

Cayn't get theyah from heeyah.

Nar, not that one. Said when telling someone to do something
immediately. Still cant think of it but that's just my dyslexia.

I always thought there was something wrong with you.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop,alt.usage.english

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 05:29:31 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dean Hoffman" wrote in message
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:41:11 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

"on the qt". ??????
as in on the quicktime

Nope, just two words instead of just one. Very common with yanks.

Finally...

Using "go ahead" instead of leaving both words out when
saying something like "go ahead and order the new car" etc

"Now what you're gonna want to do is press this button" instead of "press this button".
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop,alt.usage.english

[...]

ASAP, but pronounced as a word, "aysapp"
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.comptuer.workshop,alt.usage.english

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:19:50 +0100, wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 4:53:14 PM UTC-4, charles wrote:
In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/10/2021 3:53 PM, charles wrote:
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
gareth evans wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Visitation instead of visit.

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.

'expiration date' or 'expiry date'

OK, I'll bite. What is wrong with that commonly used phrase?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expiration_date

why not use expiry? It's shorter.

It doesn't fit the pattern of similar words.

Does it really matter? Both are understandable.

What matters is it's never accurate. I was pleased to see (and surprised it's legal) a yogurt pot which encouraged you to ignore the date and smell it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges to
be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now.

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning difficulties"

That's more for kids rather than adults.

which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred to
as "the hard of thinking"

That's more of an insult.

as an extension of the similar derivation "the hard of hearing".

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 10:40:04 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

In this group the euphemism is '****ing moron'.

What's the euphemism for "****ing stupid troll-feeding senile asshole" like
you, gossip girl?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 03:52:14 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning difficulties"

That's more for kids rather than adults.

HOW much more, senile know-it-all?

which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred to
as "the hard of thinking"

That's more of an insult.

HOW much more of an insult, you senile auto-contradicting sociopath?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 1:52:22 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges to
be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now.

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning difficulties"

That's more for kids rather than adults.
which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred to
as "the hard of thinking"

That's more of an insult.

I know a number of people who work in that segment of the health care field.

The correct term is "adults with disabilities". Many of the people they work with
have physical disabilities, intellectual disabilities, and many times, both.

God bless their souls - the health care workers, I mean. I watch what they do day
after day and witness the caring hearts and especially the patience these people
have. I am humbled when I watch them in action.

Just yesterday I attended a wedding of two such people and sat at the table with
a bunch of their coworkers. Many of them have worked in group homes and day-habs
for decades. Besides the daily care that they provide, they are also trained in take-down
techniques, restraint holds, etc. Depending on the environment, some workers always
wear clothes that they can easily slip out of, like loose fitting pullover shirts. I'm not
talking about criminally violent individuals, I'm talking about normally very gentle
individuals that occasionally exhibit behaviors that can be harmful to themselves or
others. One minute an aide could be helping a client clean themselves after using the
bathroom and the next minute they could be involved - with the same client - in a 2
person takedown maneuver.

I thank them for their service just like I thank those that serve(d) in the military.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

news
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Draw instead of drawer with a chest of draws on facebook.
Not annoy so much as just ****ed.

Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.

You don't click anything with a smartphone.

You might as well call it a click.

But then everyone will ask how you click with a smartphone.

So if I told you to drive to Melbourne and you didn't drive, you wouldn't
have the sense to take a bus?

Its different with stuff you arent familiar with.

It's precisely the same action.

But the anals like you will howl about that.

No I wouldn't. It's always been click. Touchscreens are a new thing.

And so someone being told how to do things
on one will ask how you click with a smartphone.

App instead of program.

Works better than prog.

They both sound stupid.

Only to the pathetically anal.

But as an Aussie you're more used to excessive
shortening of everything, like "arvo" would
never be acceptable in the UK.

Your problem, as always.

Even you dregs use bob, bill, joe etc etc etc.

Words have to be longer to be unique.

Arvo is much more unique than afternoon and twice as long.

Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).

Not that pathetically anal.

The pathetic are the ones that insist on using the "correct" one.

You are just as pathetic.

********. I detest the pathetic ones. You can't say someone is pathetic
for hating what pathetic people do.

I can and so say that you are pathetically anal about word usage.

Slowed up instead of slowed down
(slow is less speed, so must be down).

Not that pathetically anal.

It's a blatant contradiction!

Only for the pathetically anal.

No, it's just wrong. What if I told you to heat down your food, or cool
it up in the fridge?

Only the pathetically anal obsess about stuff like that.

People who write computer programs
that say "hello world" and nothing else

Doesn't happen enough to matter anymore.

I only need to see it once to want to kill.

Because you are that pathetically anal.

You can look a geek in the eyes and not feel that desire?

Nope, but then I'm not a psychopath.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

gareth evans wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Visitation instead of visit.

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.

Commentator instead of commenter.

Never heard anyone say commenter.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

wrote:

Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :
gareth evans wrote
Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be
down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing
else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say
hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

Listen up and park up instead of listen and park

Visitation instead of visit.

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.

Cayn't get theyah from heeyah.

Do some actually believe that can be true?

Some have been known to say that, not clear why.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default The Two Brain Dead Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 04:27:04 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between the two resident idiots:

Birdbrain: "But imagine how cool it was to own slaves."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, right. Feed them, clothe them, and fix them when
they're broken.
After all, you paid good money for them. Then you've got to keep an eye
on them all the time."

Birdbrain: "Better than having to give them wages on top of that."

Senile Rodent: "Specially when they make more slaves for you
and produce their own food and clothes."

MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default The Two Brain Dead Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 04:28:48 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic blather

--
Another typical retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rodent:

Senile Rodent: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rodent: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID: