Old June 15th 21, 05:25 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On 6/14/21 11:45 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:

[snip]

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet Injector.

https://jetinfectors.files.wordpress...c-training.png

That looks like what they used when I got the swine flu shot around 1970.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always come back
to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them." [H.L. Mencken]

Old June 15th 21, 05:38 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vaccines and the 60's

On 6/14/21 10:15 PM, cshenk wrote:

[snip]

I recall as a child lined up with a lot of other kids for my polio
vaccination. Brother and sister and lots of other kids too.

I think it was a supermarket but I was pretty young, maybe 4?

I remember getting a polio vaccine in 1967, IIRC required by the school
system. It wasn't a shot. They put a drop of liquid on my tongue.

Old June 15th 21, 06:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:36:59 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

_________

"FebYUAry"

"It is what it is"

"Merch"(andise!)
Old June 15th 21, 07:41 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 09:07:31 -0700 (PDT), Chris K-Man, another troll-feeding
senile ****head, blabbered:

"FebYUAry"

"It is what it is"

"Merch"(andise!)

Senile driveling idiots like you!
Old June 15th 21, 09:19 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Cheap *******s, We got a sugar cube.

Old June 15th 21, 10:41 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default What words or phrases annoy you?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 23:33:34 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 6/12/2021 4:06 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 3:35:18 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"Marilyn Manson" wrote in message
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 1:52:22 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges
be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now.

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning
difficulties"
That's more for kids rather than adults.
which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred
as "the hard of thinking"
That's more of an insult.

I know a number of people who work in that segment of the health care
field.

The correct term is "adults with disabilities".
There is no such animal as the correct term and disabled is just as valid.

What does ADA stand for?

Another Dumb Ass

I resemble that remark!

--
Tekkie
Old June 15th 21, 10:48 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:29:59 +0100, NY posted for all of us to digest...

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet
Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You
would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it
requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to find a blood vessel.

Yes, there is a great deal of difference between the normal intra-muscular
injection (upper arm, buttocks etc) and an intra-venous injection (*) or
withdrawal of a blood sample. I've never tried either, but I imagine the
second take a *lot* more skill and practice.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used to get a
drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Once you have an IV started it goes in the injection port.

--
Tekkie