Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:08:27 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Note of caution...

....endlessly gossiping wordy senile Yankietard around!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:05:24 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

No, it's like a GrayCo airless sprayer.

Is it, senile airhead? BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:03:57 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

The one in your butt tended to result in soreness.

Are you talking about your thick senile head in your butt that you never
manage to pull out, lowbrowwoman? G
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 2:24:15 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 17:45:09 +0100, Marilyn Manson wrote:

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 4:19:21 AM UTC-4, Andy Burns wrote:
NY wrote:

I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the "sharp scratch".
For last year's flu jab and first covid jab, I didn't feel a thing at
the time, just about felt the second covid jab maybe I flinched, or it
didn't go in completely straight, either way no actual pain.

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet Injector.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/14/2021 04:57 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
€śIts widely reported that up to 1 in 10 Vietnam veterans have hepatitis C €“ roughly
five times higher than the rate of the overall population.€ť (Leung) A large majority
of veterans diagnosed with Hep C blame their diagnosis on jet injectors and their
unsanitary conditions from person to person.

At my recent annual physical my doctor mentioned hepatitis c was
appearing in my age group and asked if I'd ever had a transfusion, had
been exposed to blood, or had been a caregiver. She didn't memtion the Jets.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354278

"The largest group at risk includes everyone born between 1945 and 1965
€” a population five times more likely to be infected than those born in
other years."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vaccines and the 60's

rbowman wrote:

On 06/14/2021 04:57 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
€śIts widely reported that up to 1 in 10 Vietnam veterans have
hepatitis C €“ roughly five times higher than the rate of the
overall population.€ť (Leung) A large majority of veterans
diagnosed with Hep C blame their diagnosis on jet injectors and
their unsanitary conditions from person to person.

At my recent annual physical my doctor mentioned hepatitis c was
appearing in my age group and asked if I'd ever had a transfusion,
had been exposed to blood, or had been a caregiver. She didn't
memtion the Jets.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354278

"The largest group at risk includes everyone born between 1945 and
1965 €” a population five times more likely to be infected than those
born in other years."

I recall as a child lined up with a lot of other kids for my polio
vaccination. Brother and sister and lots of other kids too.

I think it was a supermarket but I was pretty young, maybe 4?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:24:02 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

At my recent annual physical my doctor

Oh, no! Now we have to listen to THAT senile ****!

FLUSH rest of senile ****
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:08:32 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 06/14/2021 01:29 PM, NY wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet
Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen?
You would think every injection would be using those. The person
giving it requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to find a blood vessel.

Yes, there is a great deal of difference between the normal
intra-muscular injection (upper arm, buttocks etc) and an intra-venous
injection (*) or withdrawal of a blood sample. I've never tried either,
but I imagine the second take a *lot* more skill and practice.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used to get
a drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Note of caution... OR nurses suck at starting an IV. Three tried and
failed on me. The fourth was the charm. When I complimented her skill
she said she was a phlebotomist before moving to the OR staff.

In my (admittedly limited) experience, the best nurses at finding a vein
were former military medical personnel. They can start a line in a corpse.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 22:15:48 -0500, "cshenk"
wrote:

rbowman wrote:

[...]

My first one was a shot. By the time the military got to me it was a
drop of vaccine on a sugar cube. During the Vietnam days everyone had
a pretty full shot card so they could deploy you as fast as they
could.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10:24:09 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 06/14/2021 04:57 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
€śIts widely reported that up to 1 in 10 Vietnam veterans have hepatitis C €“ roughly
five times higher than the rate of the overall population.€ť (Leung) A large majority
of veterans diagnosed with Hep C blame their diagnosis on jet injectors and their
unsanitary conditions from person to person.

At my recent annual physical my doctor mentioned hepatitis c was
appearing in my age group and asked if I'd ever had a transfusion, had
been exposed to blood, or had been a caregiver. She didn't memtion the Jets.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354278

"The largest group at risk includes everyone born between 1945 and 1965
€” a population five times more likely to be infected than those born in
other years."

I'm in that age group. I'm scheduled for a full blood work up as part of my annual physical,
including Hep C.

Indirectly, your doctor did include the Jet Injector: "Have you ever been exposed to blood?"

Read the "Concerns" section at the link below. Fluid Suck-Back and Retrograde Flow both
mention contamination by blood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_injector

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/21 11:45 AM, Marilyn Manson wrote:

[snip]

When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet Injector.

https://jetinfectors.files.wordpress...c-training.png

That looks like what they used when I got the swine flu shot around 1970.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always come back
to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them." [H.L. Mencken]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/14/21 10:15 PM, cshenk wrote:

[snip]

I recall as a child lined up with a lot of other kids for my polio
vaccination. Brother and sister and lots of other kids too.

I think it was a supermarket but I was pretty young, maybe 4?

I remember getting a polio vaccine in 1967, IIRC required by the school
system. It wasn't a shot. They put a drop of liquid on my tongue.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always come back
to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them." [H.L. Mencken]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:36:59 PM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Tap instead of click.
App instead of program.
Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).
Slowed up instead of slowed down (slow is less speed, so must be down).
People who write computer programs that say "hello world" and nothing else - clearly that program doesn't have the intelligence to say hello.
Bothering to distinguish between burned and burnt.
Forward instead of forwards.

_________

"FebYUAry"

"It is what it is"

"Merch"(andise!)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 09:07:31 -0700 (PDT), Chris K-Man, another troll-feeding
senile ****head, blabbered:

"FebYUAry"

"It is what it is"

"Merch"(andise!)

Senile driveling idiots like you!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:38:13 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

On 6/14/21 10:15 PM, cshenk wrote:

[snip]

I recall as a child lined up with a lot of other kids for my polio
vaccination. Brother and sister and lots of other kids too.

I think it was a supermarket but I was pretty young, maybe 4?

I remember getting a polio vaccine in 1967, IIRC required by the school
system. It wasn't a shot. They put a drop of liquid on my tongue.

Cheap *******s, We got a sugar cube.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What words or phrases annoy you?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 23:33:34 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 6/12/2021 4:06 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 3:35:18 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"Marilyn Manson" wrote in message
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 1:52:22 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"NY" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Back in the day, Moron, Imbecile and Idiot had specific IQ ranges
be
classified as such...

I sort of knew that, but I wonder what they do now.

Intellectually disabled mostly
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability

I've not heard that term. The usual euphemism is "learning
difficulties"
That's more for kids rather than adults.
which tends to refer to people who are unkindly and humorously referred
as "the hard of thinking"
That's more of an insult.

I know a number of people who work in that segment of the health care
field.

The correct term is "adults with disabilities".
There is no such animal as the correct term and disabled is just as valid.

What does ADA stand for?

Another Dumb Ass

I resemble that remark!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 20:29:59 +0100, NY posted for all of us to digest...

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
When I was in the service, a lot of shots were given with a Jet
Injector.

Is that one of those things with 50 tiny needles, like an epipen? You
would think every injection would be using those. The person giving it
requires no special skill to find the blood vessel.

Most vaccinations don't require the vaccinator to find a blood vessel.

Yes, there is a great deal of difference between the normal intra-muscular
injection (upper arm, buttocks etc) and an intra-venous injection (*) or
withdrawal of a blood sample. I've never tried either, but I imagine the
second take a *lot* more skill and practice.

(*) I don't think I've ever had one, but I imagine they are used to get a
drug into the bloodstream as fast as possible.

Once you have an IV started it goes in the injection port.

--
Tekkie