Old June 12th 21, 10:26 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:42:30 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

You know nothing about water drainage from foundations.

You are wrong, as always.

No, you are auto-contradicting, as always, you abnormal trolling
octogenerian senile pest! LOL

--
Richard addressing senile Rodent Speed:
MID:

Old June 12th 21, 10:27 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 13:43:35 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Cant happen with a plastic chain.

....and the auto-contradicting continues... ****ing hilarious!

--
about trolling senile Rodent Speed:
MID:
Old June 12th 21, 02:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Built to Rent

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 11:43:45 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"Marilyn Manson" wrote in message
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 2:08:26 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 14:32:47 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 06:36:31 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

" wrote in message
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 12:43:34 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Yours is stick built and the way the roof
water is done is completely ****ed.

What's ****ed about the roof water?

That short section lying on the ground next to the path
isnt going to last long and the vertical looks bad too.

It's standard aluminum downspout.

The horizontal bit on the ground isnt.

Nearly every house in the U.S. has the same thing

Not the horizontal bit on the ground.

and it lasts as long as it needs to.

The horizontal bit on the ground doesn't.

That is just getting the water away from the
house so the basement is not as likely to flood.

A chain works much better when you have a decent eave.

They usually use splash blocks for that.

And that would last much longer.

I guess an extra 3" of aluminum was cheaper.

It's a lot more than 3", you presumably meant 3'

Still a ****ed way to do it.

I agree but these houses were built on the cheap.

My bet, with renters that thing won't last a week.
Yeah, that's what I meant. With a chain the worst that
can happen is some little kid tries to climb it and it
pulls out of the gutter and has to be put back.

Yeah, that's much worse than some drunk A-hole ripping the
chain down and beating his wife with it.

Cant happen with a plastic chain.

You're the one that started the chain discussion with "In my dad's
last house but one, there is a heavy galvanised chain from the
roof eaves" and then followed up with "Its obviously not going
to last as long as a proper galvanised chain."

Now you've switched to a cheap plastic chain. Oh, yeah, that'll look
great. Guaranteed longevity too. Idiot.

Old June 12th 21, 07:57 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Only when the house is for renters and it doesn’t have to be cheap.

Oh, yeah, that'll look great.

No reason why it cant look the same as galvanised chain.

Guaranteed longevity too.

The plastic gutter drops last fine.

Idiot.

What a stunning line in rational argument you have there.

Old June 12th 21, 08:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 03:57:28 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

Old June 12th 21, 10:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Unless the renter's kids climb them, right?

Let's see, according to you, plastic downspout *extenders* (the subject of
this discussion) won't last when used on a rental property...

"My bet, with renters that thing won't last a week."

....but a plastic gutter chain will. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Idiot.

What a stunning line in rational argument you have there.

You're the one that changed horses mid-stream when tripped up by
your own words.
Old June 12th 21, 11:47 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

When done properly it will just pull out of the gutter and is
trivially replaced and is only a nuisance until it is replaced.

Let's see, according to you, plastic downspout *extenders* (the subject
of this discussion) won't last when used on a rental property...

"My bet, with renters that thing won't last a week."

That was Fretwell, not me.

More of your mindless bull****.

Old June 13th 21, 12:28 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

What a stunning line of rational argument you have there.
Old June 13th 21, 12:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Cant even manage its own lines, or anything else at all, either.

No horse was changed anywhere I did even trip up on the immense
piles of mindless bull**** pour from the back of you.

Old June 13th 21, 03:49 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Was that supposed to be English? Are you so flustered that you can't
even put together a coherent response?

I'll move on and give you a chance to rest. I don't want you to hurt
yourself.