Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

Default Overcharging the battery

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the battery,
but none of my smartphones have ever said that?
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

micky wrote

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge
the battery, but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

The Sandisk Clip Sport has **** all in the way of smarts in it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 08:09:08 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

Am 09.06.21 um 23:25 schrieb micky:
How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the battery,
but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

So what! Did your house burn down?
Hint: Charging electronics.
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the battery,
but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

Conversely my smartphone (Moto G3) instructions specifically did say
that. Wrongly, though: the battery bulged and burst the screen out of
the casing.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 17:25:55 -0400, micky
wrote:

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the battery,
but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

It's not a smart phone and deals only with one Li-Ion cell battery.
Protection electronics and charge limiters for that purpose are
commodities. I've never had a small MP3 player with battery issues.

They're claiming something that all previous competition took
for granted, to increase meaningless advertizing content.

Your smart phone has a more advanced and more complicated
battery. New developments or manufacturing changes will have
issues without a strict discipline that is often not present
in that competitive arena.

RL
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

Am 10.06.21 um 20:33 schrieb Ralph Mowery:
Guess that I have been lucky. I only use my cell phone when away from
the house. At hone it stays on the charger all the time, maybe several
days. I have done this to a flip phone and 2 smart phones and so far no
problems.

With Li-Ion batteries there are no problems anyway and the rest is done
by the electronics. Care free I would say.
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android
AJL AJL is offline

On 6/10/2021 10:04 AM, Mike Coon wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the
battery, but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

Conversely my smartphone (Moto G3) instructions specifically did say
that. Wrongly, though: the battery bulged and burst the screen out
of the casing.

Might not have been the charging that was at fault. I had a phone's
battery swell and pop open the case while off the charger and at less
than full charge. I just replaced the battery and the phone never had
another problem until I traded it for a new one well over a year later.
Bad batteries happen...

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 13:34:16 -0700, AJL
wrote:

On 6/10/2021 10:04 AM, Mike Coon wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the
battery, but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

Conversely my smartphone (Moto G3) instructions specifically did say
that. Wrongly, though: the battery bulged and burst the screen out
of the casing.

Might not have been the charging that was at fault. I had a phone's
battery swell and pop open the case while off the charger and at less
than full charge. I just replaced the battery and the phone never had
another problem until I traded it for a new one well over a year later.
Bad batteries happen...

There are no bad batteries. Only batteries that do bad things.

Like children!
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

Am 10.06.21 um 22:34 schrieb AJL:
On 6/10/2021 10:04 AM, Mike Coon wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the
battery, but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

Conversely my smartphone (Moto G3) instructions specifically did say
that. Wrongly, though: the battery bulged and burst the screen out
of the casing.

Might not have been the charging that was at fault. I had a phone's
battery swell and pop open the case while off the charger and at less
than full charge. I just replaced the battery and the phone never had
another problem until I traded it for a new one well over a year later.
Bad batteries happen...

That sounds like an ultra cheap non-device-manufacturer-standard
replacement battery.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

On 06/11/2021 04:55 AM, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 10.06.21 um 22:34 schrieb AJL:
On 6/10/2021 10:04 AM, Mike Coon wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the
battery, but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

Conversely my smartphone (Moto G3) instructions specifically did say
that. Wrongly, though: the battery bulged and burst the screen out
of the casing.

Might not have been the charging that was at fault. I had a phone's
battery swell and pop open the case while off the charger and at less
than full charge. I just replaced the battery and the phone never had
another problem until I traded it for a new one well over a year later.
Bad batteries happen...

That sounds like an ultra cheap non-device-manufacturer-standard
replacement battery.

I've got a Novatel MiFi and their batteries are prone to pregnancy. They
tell you to not leave it plugged in but I use it for internet access 24/7.

One of our clients send in a laptop for testing with our products and
included the same model. It arrived without the back cover because of
the bulging.

Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android

Am 11.06.21 um 16:05 schrieb rbowman:
On 06/11/2021 04:55 AM, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
That sounds like an ultra cheap non-device-manufacturer-standard
replacement battery.

I've got a Novatel MiFi and their batteries are prone to pregnancy. They
tell you to not leave it plugged in but I use it for internet access 24/7.

One of our clients send in a laptop for testing with our products and
included the same model. It arrived without the back cover because of
the bulging.

People using such crap are irresponsible.
*EOD* for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android
AJL AJL is offline

On 6/11/2021 3:55 AM, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 10.06.21 um 22:34 schrieb AJL:

I had a phone's battery swell and pop open the case while off the
charger and at less than full charge. I just replaced the battery
and the phone never had another problem until I traded it for a new
one well over a year later. Bad batteries happen...

That sounds like an ultra cheap non-device-manufacturer-standard
replacement battery.

It was the original battery that came in a new iPhone. The phone was
around a year old when the failure occurred. I replaced it with your
well described ultra cheap (US$30 including tools)
non-device-manufacturer-standard replacement battery. Fortunately that
battery worked fine for the following year+ until the phone was finally
replaced.

howdens overcharging legin UK diy 15 October 20th 16 09:44 PM
B & q is overcharging customers copeee UK diy 6 May 9th 16 09:24 PM
new hybrid batteries and overcharging john d hamilton Electronics Repair 30 October 15th 08 02:02 PM
Overcharging builders advice Duncan UK diy 20 October 4th 06 02:59 AM
Dewalt charger overcharging ?? Mike_in_SD Woodworking 5 July 2nd 06 04:49 AM