DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT. 6/6/1944. D Day (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/687047-ot-6-6-1944-d-day.html)

Dean Hoffman[_18_] June 6th 21 01:04 PM

OT. 6/6/1944. D Day

A GI ended up with his picture all over France.
https://spectator.org/d-day-june-6-1944/

Frank[_24_] June 6th 21 01:24 PM

OT. 6/6/1944. D Day

On 6/6/2021 8:04 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A GI ended up with his picture all over France.
https://spectator.org/d-day-june-6-1944/

Reminds me of a cousin in the navy lost at the Anzio beachhead.
His coke bottle glasses made him 4F for the army but the navy took him.
True patriot.

trader_4 June 6th 21 01:46 PM

OT. 6/6/1944. D Day

On Sunday, June 6, 2021 at 8:05:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:
A GI ended up with his picture all over France.
https://spectator.org/d-day-june-6-1944/

A lot of Americans think that the French are ungrateful snobs but I found that
to be untrue. The above is a good example. When visiting there a few years ago
we drove up Liberty Road, the road that Patton's Third Army took liberating France.
It runs from the beach at Normandy, across France, all the way to Bastogne in Belgium.
Every kilometer there is a commemorative marker at the side of the road.

RosemontCrest[_5_] June 6th 21 04:41 PM

OT. 6/6/1944. D Day

On 6/6/21 5:04 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A GI ended up with his picture all over France.
https://spectator.org/d-day-june-6-1944/

A day at the beach:

https://imgur.com/MJZ8ksj

Neill Massello June 7th 21 03:12 AM

OT. 6/6/1944. D Day

On 2021-06-06 at 09:41:45 MDT, "RosemontCrest"
wrote:

On 6/6/21 5:04 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A GI ended up with his picture all over France.
https://spectator.org/d-day-june-6-1944/

A day at the beach:

https://imgur.com/MJZ8ksj

Hitler didn't let people go to the beach?

Tekkie© June 7th 21 10:07 PM

OT. 6/6/1944. D Day

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:24:13 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 6/6/2021 8:04 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A GI ended up with his picture all over France.
https://spectator.org/d-day-june-6-1944/

Reminds me of a cousin in the navy lost at the Anzio beachhead.
His coke bottle glasses made him 4F for the army but the navy took him.
True patriot.

RIP, all of them!

--
Tekkie

Tekkie© June 7th 21 10:08 PM

OT. 6/6/1944. D Day

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 08:41:45 -0700, RosemontCrest posted for all of us to
digest...

On 6/6/21 5:04 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A GI ended up with his picture all over France.
https://spectator.org/d-day-june-6-1944/

A day at the beach:

https://imgur.com/MJZ8ksj

So often forgotten. ;-(

--
Tekkie

Tekkie© June 7th 21 10:09 PM

OT. 6/6/1944. D Day

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 02:12:20 -0000 (UTC), Neill Massello posted for all of us to
digest...

On 2021-06-06 at 09:41:45 MDT, "RosemontCrest"
wrote:

On 6/6/21 5:04 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
A GI ended up with his picture all over France.
https://spectator.org/d-day-june-6-1944/

A day at the beach:

https://imgur.com/MJZ8ksj

Hitler didn't let people go to the beach?

Only a select few, that was the problem. You may not be included in that group.
IDK

--
Tekkie