DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I don't get it. What is the battery for? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/687024-i-dont-get-what-battery.html)

micky June 5th 21 02:50 AM

I don't get it. What is the battery for?

https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products/firepit-plus

I don't get it, if "Fuel: Burns firewood or charcoal "

Then what is the battery for?

Upgraded 12,800 mAh battery for longer burntimes Burn time: 30hr on LOW,
14hr on MED, 7hr on HI

----
FirePit+
Wood & Charcoal Burning Fire Pit

NEW IN 2021. Enjoy the warmth, smell, crackle, and feel of a wood
campfire, without any of the smoke. Our latest upgrade to the
award-winning BioLite FirePit creates hyper-efficient flames with
patented airflow technology and gives you a front-row seat to the magic
thanks to the X-Ray mesh body. Lift the fuel rack and toss in charcoal
to transform it from a fire pit to a portable hibachi-style grill,
complete with included grill grate. Control the size of your flames
manually or remotely with the free Bluetooth app.

Fuel: Burns firewood or charcoal
Upgraded body design radiates heat outward
Upgraded high-temp enamel coating for durability and easy cleaning
Upgraded 12,800 mAh battery for longer burntimes
Burn time: 30hr on LOW, 14hr on MED, 7hr on HI
Dimensions: 27" x 13" x 15.8"
Weight: 19.8 lbs
Add FirePit accessories to complete your experience
Oversize Item: FirePit is subject to a $25 shipping fee at checkout.
Learn more.

$249.95

\[email protected] June 5th 21 03:38 AM

On 6/4/21 9:50 PM, micky wrote:

[...]

According to the specs and FAQs, the battery runs a fan used to "fan the
flames", (to coin a phrase)

micky June 5th 21 04:07 AM

I don't get it. What is the battery for?

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 4 Jun 2021 22:38:11 -0400,
wrote:

On 6/4/21 9:50 PM, micky wrote:

[...]

Thanks. It didn't occur to me to look in the FAQ etc.

Jim Joyce June 5th 21 04:16 AM

wrote:

On 6/4/21 9:50 PM, micky wrote:

[...]

The battery also powers the Bluetooth radio.

Clare Snyder June 5th 21 04:53 AM

I don't get it. What is the battery for?

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 21:50:50 -0400, micky
wrote:

[...]

For the 'AUTOMATIC FIREMAN" that controls the burn

Rod Speed June 5th 21 05:33 AM

"micky" wrote in message

https://www.bioliteenergy.com/products/firepit-plus

I don't get it, if "Fuel: Burns firewood or charcoal "

Then what is the battery for?

To move the air to make it burn better, read the description.

Upgraded 12,800 mAh battery for longer burntimes
Burn time: 30hr on LOW, 14hr on MED, 7hr on HI

----
FirePit+
Wood & Charcoal Burning Fire Pit

NEW IN 2021. Enjoy the warmth, smell, crackle, and feel of a wood
campfire, without any of the smoke. Our latest upgrade to the
award-winning BioLite FirePit creates hyper-efficient flames with
patented airflow technology

See that bit.