Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - covid tests at home

Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free. It comes out of taxes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" "frank wrote in message
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free.

The air I breath is.

It comes out of taxes.

The air I breath doesnt.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/06/2021 17:10, Frank wrote:
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free.Â* It comes out of taxes.

Yes, but *everyone* can get one even if you don't pay taxes.
It's vital that as many people as possible get a test.
It common sense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 9:10 AM, Frank wrote:
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free.Â* It comes out of taxes.

It is one of the best investments this country has made in recent years.
Would you rather we had a couple more years of shutdowns?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:14 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already, YET AGAIN!!! LOL

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 03:14:10 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

03:14??? LOL Is your unbearable loneliness not letting you sleep in again,
you abnormal trolling senile piece of ****?

--
Bill Wright to Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 3 Jun 2021 16:22:47 +0100, Bod
wrote:

On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

You still need a test if you want many/most medical procedures. I had
a cardiac catheterization in December and they insisted on one, and I
have the famous 10-year test coming up on the 16th and they insist on
one for that too. No rapid test permitted.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

They are in the USA also unless you go to some place where they are not.
There are a lot of places where they are free however, including
government locations and CVS, a large chain of drugstores in 36 states,
and Walgreens, another large chain (though not every one gives the
tests. But there are 2 suburban places within 5 miles. I think in the
city they are even closer togethr.

You don't even have to get out of your car (but you don't need a car.)

CVS and probabbly the other non-goverment sites are biling the Feds but
you won't need insurance, medicare, or medicaid.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:16:54 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

But if you have/had Covid then you don't/want/medically advised not to get it
then what?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:27:58 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 6/3/2021 9:10 AM, Frank wrote:
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free.* It comes out of taxes.

It is one of the best investments this country has made in recent years.
Would you rather we had a couple more years of shutdowns?

They should go after China and the underling Fauci for reparations.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 15:38:13 -0400, micky wrote:

You still need a test if you want many/most medical procedures. I had
a cardiac catheterization in December and they insisted on one, and I
have the famous 10-year test coming up on the 16th and they insist on
one for that too. No rapid test permitted.

My wife and I did Cologuard this year instead of the usual 10-year test. I
had some trepidation but it worked out just fine. If you're qualified, I
recommend it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little
to worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free.Â* It comes out of taxes.

Yes, but *everyone* can get one even if you don't pay taxes.
It's vital that as many people as possible get a test.
It common sense.

That just means that they guy that pays taxes also pays for the guy that
does not pay taxes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 5:40 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 15:38:13 -0400, micky wrote:

You still need a test if you want many/most medical procedures. I had
a cardiac catheterization in December and they insisted on one, and I
have the famous 10-year test coming up on the 16th and they insist on
one for that too. No rapid test permitted.

My wife and I did Cologuard this year instead of the usual 10-year test. I
had some trepidation but it worked out just fine. If you're qualified, I
recommend it.

I did Cologuard a few years ago and was dismayed to find a friends widow
had a false positive and had to have a followup colonoscopy. I see
there is a 12% false positive rate.

https://www.gastroconsa.com/the-trut...loguard-tests/

Before that I had a virtual colonoscopy which is more inconvenient than
a regular one as you do the same clean out, add contrast ingredients and
go through a CT scan. It can also show if you have other irregularities.
Posted to alt.home.repair

news

On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

But if you have/had Covid then you don't/want/medically advised not to get
it

You won't be medically advised not to get vaccinated.

then what?

Get vaccinated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:42:31 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 6/3/2021 5:40 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 15:38:13 -0400, micky wrote:

You still need a test if you want many/most medical procedures. I had
a cardiac catheterization in December and they insisted on one, and I
have the famous 10-year test coming up on the 16th and they insist on
one for that too. No rapid test permitted.

My wife and I did Cologuard this year instead of the usual 10-year test. I
had some trepidation but it worked out just fine. If you're qualified, I
recommend it.

I did Cologuard a few years ago and was dismayed to find a friends widow
had a false positive and had to have a followup colonoscopy. I see
there is a 12% false positive rate.

If I had to choose, I'd say false positives are better than false
negatives. If the worst that happens is that you proceed with the
colonoscopy that you would have had anyway, that's no big deal and it
answers the big question. After all, it's not a *false* positive until you
get a second opinion. Before that, it's just a positive.

https://www.gastroconsa.com/the-trut...loguard-tests/

Before that I had a virtual colonoscopy which is more inconvenient than
a regular one as you do the same clean out, add contrast ingredients and
go through a CT scan. It can also show if you have other irregularities.

I'm in a low risk group so my Doc hasn't suggested that for me. Yet.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 7:31 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
[...]

It costs more but for me I did not have to stop and bridge coumadin
blood thinner which is why I got it. It did help avoid another test my
gp wanted for aneurysm at my age as ct showed it was fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little
to worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free.Â* It comes out of taxes.

Â*
Yes, but *everyone* can get one even if you don't pay taxes.
It's vital that as many people as possible get a test.
It common sense.

That just means that they guy that pays taxes also pays for the guy that
does not pay taxes.

And gets the benefits of less covid around him. Everyone benefits. But
Repubs NEVER can look at the real benefits of the government doing what
they are supposed to do, promote the general Welfare.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

You still need a test if you want many/most medical procedures. I had
a cardiac catheterization in December and they insisted on one, and I
have the famous 10-year test coming up on the 16th and they insist on
one for that too. No rapid test permitted.

I know that. Last fall, when I had my colonoscopy, I had 5 tests in 3
weeks, one before each procedure I had to go through. They had to be
within 3 days of the procedure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little
to worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free.Â* It comes out of taxes.

Â*
Yes, but *everyone* can get one even if you don't pay taxes.
It's vital that as many people as possible get a test.
It common sense.

That just means that they guy that pays taxes also pays for the guy that
does not pay taxes.

So you watch millions of your poorer Americans who can't afford
insurance suffer and die because of a principle.
I hear that even if you are insured, that many folk can still end up
with a bill of a few grand. That doesn't happen here.
You worry about paying for others, but Americans pay double for health
care per person than the UK citizen.

If you look at all healthcare spending, including treatment funded
privately by individuals, the US spent 17.2% of its GDP on healthcare in
2016, compared with 9.7% in the UK. In pounds per head, that's £2,892 on
healthcare for every person in the UK and £7,617 per person in the US.6
Feb 2018

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free. It comes out of taxes.

Yes, but *everyone* can get one even if you don't pay taxes.
It's vital that as many people as possible get a test.
It common sense.

That just means that they guy that pays taxes also pays for the guy that
does not pay taxes.

So you watch millions of your poorer Americans who can't afford insurance
suffer and die because of a principle.

Not anymore, they get insurance now.

I hear that even if you are insured, that many folk can still end up with
a bill of a few grand.

Its not that many in fact.

That doesn't happen here.

Yes it does if they want the medical treatment
quicker than the NHS will provide it or its
treatment that the NHS doesnt provide.

You worry about paying for others, but Americans pay double for health
care per person than the UK citizen.

Yes.

If you look at all healthcare spending, including treatment funded
privately by individuals, the US spent 17.2% of its GDP on healthcare in
2016, compared with 9.7% in the UK. In pounds per head, that's £2,892 on
healthcare for every person in the UK and £7,617 per person in the US.6
Feb 2018

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 15:55:11 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the auto-contradicting trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Nym-Shifting Senile Australian Pest!

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 09:29:05 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous trolling
senile geezer Rodent Speed, wrote:

FLUSH the auto-contradicting obnoxious senile pest's latest troll****

--
Bill Wright to trolling Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free.Â* It comes out of taxes.
Â*
Yes, but *everyone* can get one even if you don't pay taxes.
It's vital that as many people as possible get a test.
It common sense.

That just means that they guy that pays taxes also pays for the guy that does not pay taxes.

And gets the benefits of less covid around him. Everyone benefits. But Repubs NEVER can look at the real benefits of the government doing what they are supposed to do, promote the general
Welfare.

Democrats are liars. Working taxpayers will always have to pay for the democrat's "free" programs.

Since taxpayers are forced to support lazy democrats, every taxpayer should be able to claim a lazycrat as a dependent on their 1040.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

I'm must pointing out the facts on both sides of the pond. None of us
are callous enough to want the poor suffer.

US healthcare is expensive but the best in the world but costly, mostly
due to government interference.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

I'm must pointing out the facts on both sides of the pond.Â* None of us
are callous enough to want the poor suffer.

US healthcare is expensive but the best in the world but costly, mostly
due to government interference.

TOP 10: Countries with the best healthcare system

https://www.cignaglobal.com/blog/hea...lthcare-system
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

" how people around the globe perceive the quality of the healthcare
system in their countries of residence"

What a load of crap.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-ra...eloped-nations
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:24:53 AM UTC-4, Buck Fiden wrote:
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

My health care premiums mostly pay for people who are not me. Except for
dental, I don't use my health insurance.

Should I claim one of those other people as a dependent on my 1040? Should I
send them a bill for my wasted money?

It's the same damned thing as with a national health system. Someone always pays
for someone else to use it.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to
worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

You still need a test if you want many/most medical procedures. I had
a cardiac catheterization in December and they insisted on one, and I
have the famous 10-year test coming up on the 16th and they insist on
one for that too. No rapid test permitted.

I know that. Last fall, when I had my colonoscopy, I had 5 tests in 3
weeks, one before each procedure I had to go through. They had to be
within 3 days of the procedure.

Wow. You're lucky you didn't get nostrilitis.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , says...

So you watch millions of your poorer Americans who can't afford
insurance suffer and die because of a principle.
I hear that even if you are insured, that many folk can still end up
with a bill of a few grand. That doesn't happen here.
You worry about paying for others, but Americans pay double for health
care per person than the UK citizen.

The sorry assholes that do no work and use the system to live do very
well in one sense. They just show up at a hospital and get free care.
If they feel sick, they call for the 'free taxi with the flashing
lights', (ambulance). It costs me about $ 250 after the insurance pays
for the ambulance. A good many years ago there was a study done in a
large city in NC and there were 3 people that had ambulance bills over
$ 10,000 each that can not be collected on. ONe was $ 20,000. That was
about 20 years ago, so you can see how much the freeloaders are costing
the working people.

The working Americans do have to pay about double to 3 times what they
should because of the free loaders.
They are the ones suffering as their money needs to go to their bills.
The ones that are working and trying to better their selves but have low
paying jobs are the ones really suffering.

Depending on the insurance one has, it can still be costly. We have
decent insurance being retired. My fell and broke her hip a few months
back. Sofar the total cost has been close to $ 2000. That is for a
week or so in the hospital , 10 days in an extended care place, and 2
trips a week for someone to come to the house for physical traning and
checking on the progress for about 2 months.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank "frank wrote
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Yep, twice the price of the best alternatives.

but the best in the world

Bull****, even for those with full insurance.

but costly, mostly due to government interference.

Nope, due to being stupid enough to use an insurance system.
The other main first world country stupid enough to use that
system, switzerland, is also the second most expensive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bod wrote
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Perceived is a rather iffy measure. Best measure is infant mortality and
years in good health and the USA does quite poorly in both areas. But
its difficult to separate genetics from years in good health.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bod wrote
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Thats a bit iffy too, using 60, before the US Medicare system cuts in.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 04:00:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Xeno to senile Rodent:
"You're a sad old man Rod, truly sad."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 03:58:27 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 03:54:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:54:12 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

look at the real benefits of the government doing what
they are supposed to do, promote the general Welfare.

When do they do that? Name a GOOD gov't program to promote the general welfare.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 05:37:57 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

My health care premiums mostly pay for people who are not me. Except for
dental, I don't use my health insurance.

You are lucky, most people do. How about your hubby does he use it?
That is the nature of insurance, they actualize the cost over many. It's
voluntary.

Should I claim one of those other people as a dependent on my 1040? Should I
send them a bill for my wasted money?

Why, do you feed, house and clothe them? If you want the deduction then call
your congressional critters. Private organizations do it cheaper and better.

It's the same damned thing as with a national health system. Someone always pays
for someone else to use it.

Except it's not *voluntary* It's a mandated tax.

Cindy Hamilton

--
Tekkie