Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - covid tests at home

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 07:57:21 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 6/4/2021 7:47 AM, Bod wrote:
On 04/06/2021 12:10, Frank wrote:
On 6/4/2021 1:12 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 23:30, Frank wrote:
On 6/3/2021 1:27 PM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 17:10, Frank wrote:
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very
little to worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free.* It comes out of taxes.
*
Yes, but *everyone* can get one even if you don't pay taxes.
It's vital that as many people as possible get a test.
It common sense.

That just means that they guy that pays taxes also pays for the guy
that does not pay taxes.
*
So you watch millions of your poorer Americans who can't afford
insurance suffer and die because of a principle.
I hear that even if you are insured, that many folk can still end up
with a bill of a few grand. That doesn't happen here.
You worry about paying for others, but Americans pay double for
health care per person than the UK citizen.

If you look at all healthcare spending, including treatment funded
privately by individuals, the US spent 17.2% of its GDP on healthcare
in 2016, compared with 9.7% in the UK. In pounds per head, that's
£2,892 on healthcare for every person in the UK and £7,617 per person
in the US.6 Feb 2018

I'm must pointing out the facts on both sides of the pond.* None of us
are callous enough to want the poor suffer.

US healthcare is expensive but the best in the world but costly,
mostly due to government interference.

TOP 10: Countries with the best healthcare system

https://www.cignaglobal.com/blog/hea...lthcare-system

" how people around the globe perceive the quality of the healthcare
system in their countries of residence"

What a load of crap.

You know I love it when the yellow stained teeth people criticize the US for
anything and everything. I have no regard to their opinions because they aren't
here, participating in the US adventure. I don't see Bod here because I have
him plonked and too lazy to filter him out of other responses. Please consider
that he has never given any advice in topic to a.h.r.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 18:31:23 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:42:31 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 6/3/2021 5:40 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 15:38:13 -0400, micky wrote:

You still need a test if you want many/most medical procedures. I had
a cardiac catheterization in December and they insisted on one, and I
have the famous 10-year test coming up on the 16th and they insist on
one for that too. No rapid test permitted.

My wife and I did Cologuard this year instead of the usual 10-year test. I
had some trepidation but it worked out just fine. If you're qualified, I
recommend it.

I did Cologuard a few years ago and was dismayed to find a friends widow
had a false positive and had to have a followup colonoscopy. I see
there is a 12% false positive rate.

If I had to choose, I'd say false positives are better than false
negatives. If the worst that happens is that you proceed with the
colonoscopy that you would have had anyway, that's no big deal and it
answers the big question. After all, it's not a *false* positive until you
get a second opinion. Before that, it's just a positive.

https://www.gastroconsa.com/the-trut...loguard-tests/

Before that I had a virtual colonoscopy which is more inconvenient than
a regular one as you do the same clean out, add contrast ingredients and
go through a CT scan. It can also show if you have other irregularities.

I'm in a low risk group so my Doc hasn't suggested that for me. Yet.

Are you over 50? He/she will/should.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2021 5:37 AM, wrote:
On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 6:24:53 AM UTC-4, Buck Fiden wrote:
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little to worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free. It comes out of taxes.

Yes, but *everyone* can get one even if you don't pay taxes.
It's vital that as many people as possible get a test.
It common sense.

That just means that they guy that pays taxes also pays for the guy that does not pay taxes.

And gets the benefits of less covid around him. Everyone benefits. But Repubs NEVER can look at the real benefits of the government doing what they are supposed to do, promote the general
Welfare.

Democrats are liars. Working taxpayers will always have to pay for the democrat's "free" programs.

Since taxpayers are forced to support lazy democrats, every taxpayer should be able to claim a lazycrat as a dependent on their 1040.

Taxpayers support lazy Republitards like you too.
The idiocy of your endless whines about Democrats not being taxpayers is
getting a little old. You know clearly that it is a lie.

My health care premiums mostly pay for people who are not me. Except for
dental, I don't use my health insurance.

Should I claim one of those other people as a dependent on my 1040? Should I
send them a bill for my wasted money?

It's the same damned thing as with a national health system. Someone always pays
for someone else to use it.

Cindy Hamilton

Insurance is sharing the risk. That is WHAT IT IS FOR. You could get hit
by a car tomorrow, and suddenly have $50,000 in medical costs. Your
insurance keeps that from breaking you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very
little to worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free.Â* It comes out of taxes.
Â*
[...]

I'm must pointing out the facts on both sides of the pond.Â* None of
us are callous enough to want the poor suffer.

US healthcare is expensive but the best in the world but costly,
mostly due to government interference.

Â*
TOP 10: Countries with the best healthcare system

https://www.cignaglobal.com/blog/hea...lthcare-system

" how people around the globe perceive the quality of the healthcare
system in their countries of residence"

What a load of crap.

Like everything you say.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Would you mind paying for my car insurance? And as long as you got your checkbook out, pay my homeowner's insurance too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

My health care premiums mostly pay for people who are not me.Â* Except for
dental, I don't use my health insurance.

Should I claim one of those other people as a dependent on my 1040?
Should I
send them a bill for my wasted money?

It's the same damned thing as with a national health system.Â* Someone
always pays
for someone else to use it.

Cindy Hamilton

Would you mind paying for my car insurance? And as long as you got your
checkbook out, pay my homeowner's insurance too.

Err, ALL insurances work the way that Cindy mentioned.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Depending on which car and homeowner's insurance you have, I might already
be subsidizing the cost of your claims.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
[...]

And how horrible of a driver he must be.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/21 8:37 AM, wrote:

It's the same damned thing as with a national health system.* Someone
always pays for someone else to use it.

Cindy Hamilton

Would you mind paying for my car insurance? And as long as you got your
checkbook out, pay my homeowner's insurance too.

Err, ALL insurances work the way that Cindy mentioned.

Well, not exactly. When it's run by the government it can be
up to 70% cheaper. No "investors" and "business owners" (AKA playboys
gambling with money pops left them) to pay off.
National car insurance in BraZil costs around U$ 8 a year, and
covers hospital bills and disability. It's mandatory
If you want insurance for your car and any object you might
hit while "under the influence of Trump", you have to go private. They
charge around 12% of the value of your car a year. But it's optional.
I haven't used it in 20 years, so I'm over 2 cars richer.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/21 8:37 AM, wrote:
It's the same damned thing as with a national health system.Â* Someone
always pays for someone else to use it.

Cindy Hamilton

Would you mind paying for my car insurance? And as long as you got your
checkbook out, pay my homeowner's insurance too.

Err, ALL insurances work the way that Cindy mentioned.

Well, not exactly. When it's run by the government it can be
up to 70% cheaper. No "investors" and "business owners" (AKA playboys
gambling with money pops left them) to pay off.
National car insurance in BraZil costs around U$ 8 a year, and
covers hospital bills and disability. It's mandatory

That's nice but cindycrat doesn't want to pay $8/yr, she wants some out-state Republican to pay for hers, I think.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Shadow wrote
Bod wrote
Buck Fiden wrote
wrote

It's the same damned thing as with a national health system.
Someone always pays for someone else to use it.

Would you mind paying for my car insurance? And as long as you
got your checkbook out, pay my homeowner's insurance too.

Err, ALL insurances work the way that Cindy mentioned.

Well, not exactly. When it's run by the government it can be
up to 70% cheaper. No "investors" and "business owners"
(AKA playboys gambling with money pops left them) to pay off.

National car insurance in BraZil costs around U$ 8 a year,
and covers hospital bills and disability. It's mandatory

That must be a typo, mine in australia costs US$250 and
only covers the other party, not the driver or passengers.

If you want insurance for your car and any object you might
hit while "under the influence of Trump", you have to go private.
They charge around 12% of the value of your car a year.

Its quite a bit more than that here with older cars.

But it's optional. I haven't used it in 20 years,

I did use it when the car was brand new because it was
only $80 but that doubled the next year and then buy half
as much again the year after so I only bought it for 2 years.

so I'm over 2 cars richer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 07:21:12 -0400, Buck Fiden wrote:

Would you mind paying for my car insurance? And as long as you got your checkbook out, pay my homeowner's insurance too.

You sound like a lazy Trump supporter, always looking for someone else to
pick up the tab.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/21 8:37 AM, wrote:
It's the same damned thing as with a national health system.* Someone
always pays for someone else to use it.

Cindy Hamilton

Would you mind paying for my car insurance? And as long as you got your
checkbook out, pay my homeowner's insurance too.

Err, ALL insurances work the way that Cindy mentioned.

Well, not exactly. When it's run by the government it can be
up to 70% cheaper. No "investors" and "business owners" (AKA playboys
gambling with money pops left them) to pay off.
National car insurance in BraZil costs around U$ 8 a year, and
covers hospital bills and disability. It's mandatory

That's nice but cindycrat doesn't want to pay $8/yr, she wants some
out-state Republican to pay for hers, I think.

I don't know who that is, but she's right. Republicans should
pay their share. Democrats pay the bulk of taxes in the US.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/21 8:37 AM, wrote:
It's the same damned thing as with a national health system. Someone
always pays for someone else to use it.

Cindy Hamilton

Would you mind paying for my car insurance? And as long as you got your
checkbook out, pay my homeowner's insurance too.

Err, ALL insurances work the way that Cindy mentioned.
Well, not exactly. When it's run by the government it can be
up to 70% cheaper. No "investors" and "business owners" (AKA playboys
gambling with money pops left them) to pay off.
National car insurance in BraZil costs around U$ 8 a year, and
covers hospital bills and disability. It's mandatory

That's nice but cindycrat doesn't want to pay $8/yr, she wants some
out-state Republican to pay for hers, I think.

I don't know who that is, but she's right. Republicans should
pay their share. Democrats pay the bulk of taxes in the US.

Do you have any shred of support for that conjecture?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/21 8:37 AM, wrote:
[...]

And the "red" States get the most Federal help, AKA welfare
and "social" funding.
It's been published by a "reliable"source.
Fox, I believe.
Look it up.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/21 8:37 AM, wrote:
[...]

In other words, you're talking out of your ass as usual.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 09:12:52 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/5/21 7:39 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message ...

[snip]

HOwever in the US most everything ran by the government
is more expensive due to government waste and kickbacks.

Not really true of Medicare.

If my Medicare contributions had been invested in an index fund, I'd have a huge pile of cash to buy my own medical insurance.

Unfortunately, the ****ing democrats want to raid Medicare funds so they can provide free medical care to their unemployed constituents.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 18:21:40 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 07:21:12 -0400, Buck Fiden wrote:

Would you mind paying for my car insurance? And as long as you got your checkbook out, pay my homeowner's insurance too.

You sound like a lazy Trump supporter, always looking for someone else to
pick up the tab.

You sound like a racist. Always blaming someone.

--
Tekkie