Posted to alt.home.repair

Default West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 12:23:05 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:19:33 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:33:46 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !
You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair,

Do they include vouchers for "fried foods on a stick" ? No point going
to the state fair without enjoying the cuisine.

Cindy Hamilton

Ooh, ooh, Vikings! The Sons of Norway make their appearance at the fair
every year and the Vikings are a rite of passage. I'm not sure of the
species of the ground meat, pig I think, breaded, and deep fried.

I stick to the rosettes which are bad enough. The booth next door has
deep fried cheese curds. The fair was canceled last year, probably
improving the overall health of the community.

I miss the NH State Fair. It's a more diverse area so there are cannoli
to die for.

We went to the State Fair in Minot one year when we were touring the
Dakotas. It was like going back in time.
It wasn't like the carnival atmosphere of most State Fairs. It was
more of a farm show. Lots of big equipment on display
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/dakota/Nice%20treactor.jpg

The only put a fender on for one set of tires! It's got three! What about the
clods? That is serious stuff. Is that your wife?

I liked the Coolerator, a motorized cooler

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/dakota/coolermobile.jpg
There was an option for the trailer, a regular Igloo with 4 wheels.
Two kids were riding around on this promoting them.

I don't drink and I don't smoke and I don't go out with girlz that do...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 12:38:53 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 15:35:06 -0400, Tekkie© wrote:

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:19:33 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

When we ate in NH their big thing at the restaurant was fried dough. IIRC we
didn't get any.

That is as silly as hush puppies. The original use was to clean up the
grease and you fed them to the dogs. Now people order them and pay for
them.

Isn't that what biscuits or bread for? Slop up the juices? King Hawaiian?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2021 7:51 AM, Frank wrote:
On 6/3/2021 4:19 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 10:54:39 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 6/3/2021 10:09 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 7:53:58 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 6/3/2021 6:14 AM, Buck Fiden wrote:
On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"
Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here. He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach
house.
Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than need it.

Of course Trump's frequent travels to NJ, closing air spaces or his
trips
to NYC where a whole block of Midtown was closed off, no complaints
about that.....

Don't think he did it practically every weekend like Biden does.

I was here when Biden was campaigning from his basement and had to pass
the road to his house and back as often as 5 days a week.Â* Fortunately I
only ran into the end of a Joe Jam once.Â* He would go out in the
afternoon an go down to the riverfront and then back home.Â* Hardly ever
left town.

Sounds like a smart guy. As I recall, there was a pandemic at the
time. The
last thing you'd want to see would be lots of needless travel and
maskless
death rallys or some such.

Yes he was smart.Â* If he was out there and talked a lot people would
have seen what he stood for and that he was on the edge of senility.

And still Biden is 3 times as smart as trump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 04:15:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

You get the same thing with meat. We used to feed the dogs
ox cheeks but now they are 'gourmet' food for humans. Weird.

The same thing is true about "plate beef". It used to be about a
nickel a pound and now it costs more than sirloin.
Spare ribs and brisket are other examples.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/4/2021 4:34 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 12:41:00 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 6/4/2021 12:16 PM, wrote:

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"
Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here. He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach house.
Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than need it.

Of course Trump's frequent travels to NJ, closing air spaces or his trips
to NYC where a whole block of Midtown was closed off, no complaints
about that.....

Not from anywhere but New York.
I doubt anyone really wants the president to be their house/work and
certainly not after a disaster.
When the Bushes used to come here they shut down about half of Estero
Bay along with all the nearby roads whenever they left the Hyatt. I
have been run off by the RIBs with M-60s on them.

Biden does have an excuse tho. He always went home on the weekends,
usually riding the train but nobody wanted to shoot a tired old
senator so there was no disruption. I doubt more than 5 people on that
train even recognized him.

I have never seen him and have lived within 5 miles of him for over 50
years. I also made the DC round trip numerous times. I have seen two
of his houses. Also saw his son, Beau, once.

Friend was telling me a funny the other day about Jill Biden jogging on
the main road, route 141, off the road to his house, Barley Mill Road,
when he was VP. She was followed by three cars with secret service
agents holding up traffic ****ing people off. Had she just stayed on
Barley Mill Road it would have bothered no one.

I know that area from going to a business near there. It doesn't seem 141 would
be good jogging area nor Barley Mill Rd either...

Not a lot of traffic on Barley Mill and there are off shoot development
roads she could jog on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

It doesn't say much for the people we let run the country then does
it?
Maybe that is why we are closing on a $30 Trillion debt.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your
hair?"
Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here. He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach
house.
Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than need
it.

Of course Trump's frequent travels to NJ, closing air spaces or his
trips
to NYC where a whole block of Midtown was closed off, no complaints
about that.....

Don't think he did it practically every weekend like Biden does.

I was here when Biden was campaigning from his basement and had to
pass
the road to his house and back as often as 5 days a week. Fortunately
only ran into the end of a Joe Jam once. He would go out in the
afternoon an go down to the riverfront and then back home. Hardly
ever
left town.

Sounds like a smart guy. As I recall, there was a pandemic at the
time. The
last thing you'd want to see would be lots of needless travel and
maskless
death rallys or some such.

Yes he was smart. If he was out there and talked a lot people would
have seen what he stood for and that he was on the edge of senility.

And still Biden is 3 times as smart as trump.

It doesn't say much for the people we let run the country then does it?
Maybe that is why we are closing on a $30 Trillion debt.

No prez runs the country. The most they get to do
is to propose a budget to congress and congress
decides what it is prepared to pay for and what
the prez gets to shove where the sun dont shine.

It will be interesting to see how much of Biden's stupid
spending spree that congress is stupid enough to buy.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/04/2021 02:15 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:20:03 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/what-is-fry-bread/

When the BIA gave the Indians tons of wheat flour to replace grass fed
buffalo they had to figure out what to do with the stuff. They should
have been suspicious of free government ****,

They didn't know what they were dealing with so they get a pass.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK233089/

The Pimas are the leaders with the highest incidence of diabetes in the
world. They did a lot better eating desert cottontails, snakes, and
saguaro fruit.

I can understand it why it was in NH now Dip in butter...

https://www.eatandtravelwithus.com/2...c-city-canada/

That's the fancy version but it grew out of camp bread. I don't know if
it trickled down to NH from Quebec or not. NH is a little bit Frenchy
In my wilder days I sometimes hit a bar in Somersworth NH called The
Frog Pond. They had posters with every French Canadien joke know to man.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

How about girlz that chew? I've been watching Yellowstone, season 3,
and the Teeter character is a ****er.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 19:59:53 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

https://www.eatandtravelwithus.com/2...c-city-canada/

That's the fancy version but it grew out of camp bread. I don't know if
it trickled down to NH from Quebec or not. NH is a little bit Frenchy
In my wilder days I sometimes hit a bar in Somersworth NH called The
Frog Pond. They had posters with every French Canadien joke know to man.

Try to read your own **** for a change, senile blabbermouth and then tell me
that you are NOT a typical, endlessly gossiping washerwoman!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 20:05:02 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

How about girlz that chew? I've been watching Yellowstone, season 3,
and the Teeter character is a ****er.

A gossiping washerwoman you are, lowbrow girl! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 11:23:31 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It doesn't say much for the people we let run the country then does it?
Maybe that is why we are closing on a $30 Trillion debt.

No prez runs the country. The most they get to do
is to propose a budget to congress and congress
decides what it is prepared to pay for and what
the prez gets to shove where the sun don¢t shine.

It will be interesting to see how much of Biden's stupid
spending spree that congress is stupid enough to buy.

American politics, senile Ozzie pest? Absolutely NONE of yours!

--
Bill Wright to Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 20:05:02 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

Yup, good show.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 14:00:18 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
WTF !

The same tactic Joe Bribem uses.
"Hey little girl, you want a piece of candy while I sniff your hair?"
Speaking of Joe, they are calling him Joejam here. He is spending
practically every weekend in Delaware and he is now at his beach
house.
Ties up traffic and even closes airspace and businesses than need it.

Of course Trump's frequent travels to NJ, closing air spaces or his
trips
to NYC where a whole block of Midtown was closed off, no complaints
about that.....

Don't think he did it practically every weekend like Biden does.

I was here when Biden was campaigning from his basement and had to pass
the road to his house and back as often as 5 days a week.* Fortunately I
only ran into the end of a Joe Jam once.* He would go out in the
afternoon an go down to the riverfront and then back home.* Hardly ever
left town.

Sounds like a smart guy. As I recall, there was a pandemic at the
time. The
last thing you'd want to see would be lots of needless travel and
maskless
death rallys or some such.

Yes he was smart.* If he was out there and talked a lot people would
have seen what he stood for and that he was on the edge of senility.

And still Biden is 3 times as smart as trump.

I don't think so because Bribem is just a Trojan horse, a shell to in-act the
Marxist/Dem playbook.

Hey Bob did you see my earlier post? Huh? I don't see a retort, because you
can't.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 19:59:53 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/03/2021 04:02 AM, wrote:
[...]

When my wife & I went up there they seemed to always ask if we were from PA. I
asked them how did they know and they replied the diction/accent. To my ears
they sounded the same as us but ??? Sometimes they stated they were from PA so
they could tell. We never saw any Moose in NH in spite of all the signs...

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/05/2021 12:45 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
When my wife & I went up there they seemed to always ask if we were from PA. I
asked them how did they know and they replied the diction/accent. To my ears
they sounded the same as us but ??? Sometimes they stated they were from PA so
they could tell. We never saw any Moose in NH in spite of all the signs...

The first company I worked for was building an integrated system for
molding laminated golf club heads. The hydraulic unit was from Hull.
iirc they were in Warminster or Hatboro, some place in Bucks County.
When I first met their engineer I thought he was a Brit.

The company was in Troy, NY, which had its own regional accent,
definitely different that PA or NYC. I don't know why but when I was a
kid people would ask me where I was from. Born and raised near Troy but
I didn't have quite the right accent.

Despite being here for over 30 years people still pick up my accent as
being vaguely New England.

The moose are around. I don't remember exactly where but it was in
northern NH where the road ran along a swampy area. People were pulled
over watching the moose cavort.

I lived in Bristol VT for a while which was backed up to the Green
Mountains. I was out hiking when I saw some movement up the hill. Trail
riding isn't as prevalent there as it is in Montana but I assumed it was
a couple of people on horseback moving perpendicular to the trail I was
on. As I got closer, they turned down my trail.

Then I saw it was a pair of moose. I'm not much of a tree climber and
the trees weren't very big. I didn't think a .38 snubbie would impress a
moose, so I was working on plan C. Then the pair split and got off the
trail on each side, still coming. Great, I thought a flanking maneuver.
Not having a better option I kept going my way and they kept going
theirs. After we passed I looked back and they'd gotten back on the
trail and were going about their business.

Then there was when I camped in a clearing near a trail in NH. I'd
gotten up and was cooking breakfast when a moose walked through the
clearing about 10' from me, not paying any attention. I figure if I'd
slept in and the moose was a little off course my tent and me would have
been a minor speed bump. They go through the woods like bulldozer.

When I lived in Maine the state had opened a moose season after decades.
A newspaper ran a cartoon of a guy sitting in a lawn chair with a rifle
and a can of beer as his buddy painted a target on the side of an
unsuspecting moose a few yards away.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 13:47:36 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

The first company I worked for

Oh, NO!!! **** this senile gossip! tsk

FLUSH the rest of the inevitable senile blather unread again
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Bob is a commie and just loves Biden.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

No, you are a commie.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/5/2021 3:47 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/05/2021 12:45 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
When my wife & I went up there they seemed to always ask if we were
from PA. I
asked them how did they know and they replied the diction/accent. To
my ears
they sounded the same as us but ??? Sometimes they stated they were
from PA so
they could tell. We never saw any Moose in NH in spite of all the
signs...

The first company I worked for was building an integrated system for
molding laminated golf club heads. The hydraulic unit was from Hull.
iirc they were in Warminster or Hatboro, some place in Bucks County.
When I first met their engineer I thought he was a Brit.

Hatboro. About a half mile from where I worked in the 70s.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 12:39:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:

That is as silly as hush puppies. The original use was to clean up the
grease and you fed them to the dogs. Now people order them and pay for
them.

Sure, that's their origin. What's wrong with deep-fried cornbread? It's
tasty.

I'm always willing to pay to have someone else deep-fry for me.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 07:43:12 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 12:39:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:

That is as silly as hush puppies. The original use was to clean up the
grease and you fed them to the dogs. Now people order them and pay for
them.

Sure, that's their origin. What's wrong with deep-fried cornbread? It's
tasty.

I'm always willing to pay to have someone else deep-fry for me.

Cindy Hamilton

Usually the only time I will crank up a fryer is if I have a gang.
Otherwise you have a lot of money in oil for a little bit of food.
I do splurge now and then tho, just for some decent french fries and
that usually means a fish fry too (shrimp, scallops etc).
Those are the nights I understand I am not going to live forever. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 12:39:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:

That is as silly as hush puppies. The original use was to clean up the
grease and you fed them to the dogs. Now people order them and pay for
them.

Sure, that's their origin. What's wrong with deep-fried cornbread? It's
tasty.

I'm always willing to pay to have someone else deep-fry for me.

Cindy Hamilton

Usually the only time I will crank up a fryer is if I have a gang.
Otherwise you have a lot of money in oil for a little bit of food.
I do splurge now and then tho, just for some decent french fries and
that usually means a fish fry too (shrimp, scallops etc).
Those are the nights I understand I am not going to live forever. ;-)

I've never thought it prudent to become proficient at deep frying. I do
enough damage with the skills I already have.

As a damnyankee, I don't have a family tradition of deep frying.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 19:22:19 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

And a racist.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 19:38:18 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

On 6/2/21 11:01 PM, Bod wrote:
[...]

Bob, you are a racist.

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 23:17:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 6/5/2021 3:47 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/05/2021 12:45 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
When my wife & I went up there they seemed to always ask if we were
from PA. I
asked them how did they know and they replied the diction/accent. To
my ears
they sounded the same as us but ??? Sometimes they stated they were
from PA so
they could tell. We never saw any Moose in NH in spite of all the
signs...

The first company I worked for was building an integrated system for
molding laminated golf club heads. The hydraulic unit was from Hull.
iirc they were in Warminster or Hatboro, some place in Bucks County.
When I first met their engineer I thought he was a Brit.

Hatboro. About a half mile from where I worked in the 70s.

Never heard of Hull. Oh well, didn't know they made golf clubs there either.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 10:09:39 -0700 (PDT), posted for all
of us to digest...

wrote:

[...]

I guess that is a southern thing. I like cultural appropriation, as needed, by
me.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

No nice, crispy calamari?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/07/2021 03:01 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

Hull made hydraulic presses.

https://www.aaronequipment.com/usede...359-e-47842001

The company I worked for made dielectric preheaters.

http://rfpreheaters.com/index_files/Model67RT.htm

The idea was to lay up a stack of laminate and clamp it in the press.
The preheater would hasten the cure of the laminating resin. The
ultimate customer was True Temper. I don't remember where their plant was.

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/3591183.html

I'm not a golfer but I don't think woods are made out of wood anymore.

It was a one off. Then there was the snath bender...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Let me put it this way:

My mother and I lived with her parents until I was about 9 years old. Every
Tuesday, my grandmother had the day off from her job. She went to the
fish market and for dinner that night we had whitefish, breaded with
cornflake crumbs, pan fried.

That's my family tradition. Cornflake crumbs.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Might have been a step up from flour. A recipe I never tried to
replicate consisted of parboiling chicken, rolling it in flour, and
frying it. The final product tented to have large clumps of semi-cooked
flour. I was never good at breading so I don't.

Fortunately our whitefish appeared on Friday, professionally cooked.

https://www.tedsfishfry.com/

The second from the left photo on the bottom is the iconic fish fry, a
strip of fried fish on a hot dog bun with a sweet chili sauce. I've
never seen anything quite like it in my travels but the Deeb family has
run it for over 60 years.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021 19:18:59 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

I'm afraid to ask... but I will ^^^^^^^^^^^^

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 07:59:59 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

wrote:

[...]

The place around here only has cornflake crumbs, unimpressive.

I only see buffalo shrimp. Can't get regular fried shrimp?
No calamari for me.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/08/2021 01:34 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

[...]

https://gemplers.com/products/wooden-scythe-snath

There are quite a few styles of snaths and fitting one isn't as easy as
picking up a hammer.

http://site.baryonyxknife.com/blog/2...off-the-shelf/

Anyway, the snath bender was a multi-axis hydraulic contraption to try
to speed up the traditional method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBxNDhMzQNU

The amazing part was Ye Olde Snath Bender. He could go through a stack
of ash blanks and say 'This one will bend' or 'That one won't' hardly
looking at them and he was right almost all the time. If the grain runs
out wrong it'll split out no matter how long you steam it.

Back in the days when you'd be swinging a scythe from dawn to dusk
during harvest you wanted everything exactly right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/08/2021 01:43 PM, Tekkie� wrote:
I only see buffalo shrimp. Can't get regular fried shrimp?
No calamari for me.

Calamri is good stuff. The North End of Boston has a lot of feast day
processions, with the one for St. Anthony being the big one.

http://www.northendboston.com/visit/feasts/

My favorite was the calamari salad

https://food52.com/recipes/11571-italian-calamari-salad

There are no decent Italian eateries in this town, but then there are no
Italians to speak of either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Cornflake crumbs or cornmeal? Cornflake crumbs sounds unusual;
cornmeal much more likely.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Gotta be hip and use panko.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:05:25 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

Okay, you see the Amish using them. We called them sickles. (I'm just a dumb
dutchman). It is on the list of items that I have used but will never use
again. It is hot boring work.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 20:16:44 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 06/08/2021 01:43 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
I only see buffalo shrimp. Can't get regular fried shrimp?
No calamari for me.

Calamri is good stuff. The North End of Boston has a lot of feast day
processions, with the one for St. Anthony being the big one.

http://www.northendboston.com/visit/feasts/

My favorite was the calamari salad

https://food52.com/recipes/11571-italian-calamari-salad

There are no decent Italian eateries in this town, but then there are no
Italians to speak of either.

A few decent places around here. We have a cop here that speaks Italian that
has been called on 5x the times of the Spanish speaking one. Whoda thunk?

--
Tekkie