Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do I have to wash fruit and vegetables I grow myself

Do I have to wash fruit and vegetables I grow myself if I haven't used
pesticide? Haven't used anything.

Right now it's cherries.

I used to have two apple trees but they were killed by cedar apple rush.

Some ugly bushes are dying so I may plant something else too, but now
I'm mostly concerned about cherries.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote

Only if you get bird**** on them or have cats ****ing on them.

Right now it's cherries.

I used to have two apple trees but
they were killed by cedar apple rush.

Some ugly bushes are dying so I may plant something
else too, but now I'm mostly concerned about cherries.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 May 2021 05:53:45 -0400, micky
wrote:

Do I have to wash fruit and vegetables I grow myself if I haven't used
pesticide? Haven't used anything.
Right now it's cherries.
Some ugly bushes are dying so I may plant something else too, but now
I'm mostly concerned about cherries.

All the cherry maggots will be inside - washing won't help.

Histoplasmosis and cryptococcosis are two fungal diseases that can be
acquired through inhalation of infected bird feces, while
gastroenteritis (vomiting and diarrhea) can be caused by accidental
consumption of a variety of different bacteria found in bird feces.

Eat away.

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2021 5:53 AM, micky wrote:
Do I have to wash fruit and vegetables I grow myself if I haven't used
pesticide? Haven't used anything.

Right now it's cherries.

I used to have two apple trees but they were killed by cedar apple rush.

Some ugly bushes are dying so I may plant something else too, but now
I'm mostly concerned about cherries.

Washing gets the soot and bird **** off of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 May 2021 20:00:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Only if you get bird**** on them or have cats ****ing on them.

Well, that might explain why you are so full of ****, senile ****head.

cretin's pathological trolling:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 May 2021 10:01:13 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/28/2021 5:53 AM, micky wrote:
Do I have to wash fruit and vegetables I grow myself if I haven't used
pesticide? Haven't used anything.

Right now it's cherries.

I used to have two apple trees but they were killed by cedar apple rush.

Some ugly bushes are dying so I may plant something else too, but now
I'm mostly concerned about cherries.

Washing gets the soot and bird **** off of them.

As a kid, I didn't wash anything. Bird **** and spider webs would warrant a
quick rub across the thigh of my dirty jeans or the front of my even
dirtier t-shirt. Stuff that came out of the ground, like carrots, radishes,
and horseradish, just got a few rubs to remove most of the dirt. On
multiple occasions, I bit into an apple and found a live worm at the core.
Once I bit into an apple and found half of a worm, writhing in pain because
the other half of his body just got cut off. I still finished eating the
apple.

The other day I opened one of those little boxes of raisins and it was
alive with little worms. Hundreds of them. I googled it and G said
essentially all raisins have the eggs, so it's just a matter of time
whether they hatch or not. You can soak the raisins in a bowl of water,
slightly salted is even better, to encourage the worms to swim for safety.
Strawberries have the same problem and the same solution - a bowl of salt
water.

How come as kids we didn't need to wash anything before sticking it in our
mouth but as adults we do? Is it mostly social conditioning?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jim Joyce" wrote in message
[...]

Far less pesticide use in those days.

And my mum used to wash fruit etc, I don't bother.

Is it mostly social conditioning?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 29 May 2021 04:28:37 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Far less pesticide use in those days.

And my mum used to wash fruit etc, I don't bother.

Yeah, but you turned out to be a deranged sociopath!

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 May 2021 12:02:11 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

[...]

You're my kind of guy.

The other day I opened one of those little boxes of raisins and it was
alive with little worms. Hundreds of them. I googled it and G said
essentially all raisins have the eggs, so it's just a matter of time
whether they hatch or not. You can soak the raisins in a bowl of water,
slightly salted is even better, to encourage the worms to swim for safety.
Strawberries have the same problem and the same solution - a bowl of salt
water.

I used to eat raisins all the time, an 12oz. box every day. Never sow
worms. I wouldn't have thought to use water. I would have spread them
out and blown on the worms to get them to leave. That works with gnats
on bananas when you leave them partly eaten for a few hours.

How come as kids we didn't need to wash anything before sticking it in our
mouth but as adults we do? Is it mostly social conditioning?

Absolutely. If you dont' associate with other people, you can avoid
most of it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 28 May 2021 12:02:11 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

[...]

Are kids even allowed to play in dirt any more?

I used to eat raisins, do they all have worms, should I be tested?
My wife eats strawberries, do they all have worms, should she be tested?
What should the tests be?
The vet deworms the cat because she eats mice.

Reading and writing all this has my stomach in turmoil!

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tekkie©" wrote in message

[...]

Yep.

I used to eat raisins, do they all have worms, should I be tested?

Bullet in the back of the neck makes more sense.

My wife eats strawberries, do they all have worms, should she be tested?
What should the tests be?
The vet deworms the cat because she eats mice.

Reading and writing all this has my stomach in turmoil!

Best to do the decent thing and top yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Nym-Shifting Senile Australian Pest!

On Sun, 30 May 2021 05:27:39 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

--
Bill Wright to Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."

New House Problem #2: Indesit WIB111 Wash Machine - gunge in wash Java Jive[_2_] UK diy 23 April 1st 13 04:28 PM
City sues: Too many vegetables harry Home Repair 37 October 2nd 10 09:36 PM
Too many vegetables [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 14th 10 05:54 AM
Too many vegetables BobR Home Repair 0 September 14th 10 12:59 AM
Sparking vegetables in microwave Shawn P. Good Home Repair 4 January 5th 04 01:18 PM