Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On 5/27/2021 7:57 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/27/2021 7:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/27/2021 6:58 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/27/2021 5:14 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2021 07:45:45 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/26/2021 09:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2021 11:16 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 21:36:54 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 5/26/2021 7:37 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/26/2021 3:44 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/26/2021 3:31 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

Ed, I am respectfully ending this discussion. You believe the
government should
control our lives and I don't. I believe the progression of
EVs will
be the
same as horses to cars, steam cars to gasoline. I have other
thoughts
but I'm
over & out. Thank you,

Fine, but I never said the government should control our
lives.Â* I
just see the inevitable and EVs will be much of our future.

I'd rather see efforts made to improve them, get rid of the
lithium,
find better, easier ways to keep them charged.Â* Sorry if that
is too
progressive.

We are saying let nature take its course absent government
intervention.

That is a very simple statement and I have no argument against it.

If everyone thought that all they had to do was say so.Â* Instead
there
were many reasons EV is no good, can't be charged, house has to be
rewired, the farm won't work, can't visit family,

Good point about government intervention, just like the original
automobile.Â* The auto companies and dealers with private funds
build the
highways to drive them on. They did it to promote sales.

Nobody was giving you a taxpayer funded check to buy a Model T and
Rockefeller did not get a subsidy to put a gas station in every hick
town.

Did you forget the Cash for Clunkers program?

Yeah, great program. Get rid of affordable used cars by destroying
them.
Poor people can walk.

Tree hugging, "green" yuppies don't give a **** about how poor people
get around or how much of their green policy gets subsidized by the
poor.
There is no better example than the subsidy for electric cars and
solar panels. The people rich enough to put $30,000 on their roof or
buy a $50,000 Tesla get discounted electricity and for $40,000 on the
roof they may even be selling power back at full retail rates while
that person living from check to check is paying for it in higher
rates to cover the difference.
The left loves to tell us taxes are the price we have to pay to have a
functioning society but they are not paying any fuel taxes to support
the roads they drive their EVs on. They get a tax rebate for buying
the EV.

States will follow states like Ohio who charges $200/year extra for
EV registration only $100 extra for hybrids.

They should.Â* Per mile would be more fair, just like the gas tax but
harder to implement.Â* AFAIK. Hawaii is the only state that records
miles at inspection.Â* Many states thankfully don't have inspection.

Delaware does but you can get 5 years registration then another 2
without inspection then it is every two years.Â* Not sure about Ohio
inspection but you need registration every year.

Truckers have been paying fuel tax by mile in each state they travel for
years. It was a PITA for our truck at work as we mostly traveled in the
3 closest states.

I had to do it from the driver's logs and fuel purchase receipts but I
imagine with GPS there are better ways to track. Many cars have
navigation now so it should be simple. Google even know where I've been.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2021 6:48 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2021 15:12:04 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 5/27/2021 12:28 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 23:11:52 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 26 May 2021 22:37:33 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 18:50:38 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Bob F writes:
On 5/26/2021 2:41 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 9:52:52 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/25/2021 8:24 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 May 2021 19:26:07 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Why? If it gets me where I want to go, it does not matter. If range
drops from 300 miles to 200 miles I can still make my 20 mile trip
today. Non-issue for most of us.

But not my 1200mi trip, or the 500mi trip next month.
Never said it is perfect for everyone in every circumstance. I make a
2499 mile trip a few times a year and no, I'd rather not do it in an
electric with present range.

The average commute to work in the US is 16 miles, or a 32 mile round
trip. For most, no problem.

But we don't buy a car for each task. One has to do it all.
Many do. I now have one car but for years I had two. Would be easy to
use one for the long trips and the other for the short stuff. Good
friend of mine has two cars. One gets an occasional 100 mile run, the
other never goes more than 20 miles.

Just because it does not suit your every need does not mean it is not
the perfect car for others. I know a guy that does not even have a car.
Two or three times a year he rents one. Just as I know people with
pickups and the most it ever carries is two bags of groceries.

Seems like people have a once or twice a year circumstance and therefor
nix the idea for everyone. Makes no sense, you are smarter than that.

One thing conspicuously absent from this discussion among old men is
demographics.

We'll all be dead before gas runs out.

Young people are not embracing driving in the numbers they used to. Fewer
have driver's licenses; fewer still own cars. Many of them are content to
call for a ride or rent a car when they need one. If they want to get to a
city 300 miles away, they fly.

Short-range electric vehicles might be much more palatable to those who
will be driving after we've laid down our car keys.

Cindy Hamilton

Of course, everyone knows the question is not "gas running out". The
question is do we want to badly change the planets climate.

Although the "proven reserves" curve has started the downward slide
in 2014, after forty years of growth. It is definitely a finite
resource, unless you are one of the believers in abiogenic production.

"The world has proven reserves equivalent to 46.6 times its annual
consumption levels. This means it has about 47 years of oil left
(at current consumption levels and excluding unproven reserves)."

The difference is in how much of the earth we have not explored
looking for oil.

The exploration companies and industry have explored pretty
much every viable area, including polar waters. Either physically
or computationally (using AI algorithms to process seismic and other
geological data).

I understand drilling may have environmental costs we are not going to
be willing to absorb but that doesn't mean the fuel isn't there. '

Not in the quantities needed to support today's daily usage,
much less ten years from now.

OTOH it might be a way to inject money into economies in places like
sub saharan Africa.

How so? The oil companies will suck them dry and leave them destitute.

Here's some reading about what happens if we _don't_ have a replacement
in place by the time petroleum becomes more scarce.

https://dothemath.ucsd.edu/2011/11/p...l-perspective/
https://dothemath.ucsd.edu/2011/10/the-energy-trap/

I have been hearing about that peak oil boogie man since the Carter
administration. We are supposed to be out now.
I agree it will happen some day but we will be out of a lot of stuff
by then.

It will probably never run out, until we do.

Right. Humans will be cooked off the planet long before we can get it
all out.

It'll take a lot longer than that for the sun to go nova.

Keep ignoring science like a good insurrectionist trumppublicon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2021 6:49 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2021 15:12:44 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 5/27/2021 12:27 PM,
wrote:

On 5/25/2021 8:24 PM, wrote:
[...]

LOL!

Good Repub. Just ignore science.

You wouldn't know science if it bit you on the ass.

LOL!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Thu, 27 May 2021 21:18:58 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

I remember when

Oh, no, yet again! You're living in the past, senile blabbermouth!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 3:26:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 02:41:28 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Young people are not embracing driving in the numbers they used to. Fewer
have driver's licenses; fewer still own cars. Many of them are content to
call for a ride or rent a car when they need one.

If they happen to live in a metropolitan area. Hell, I live in a
large metropolitan area and there is no ride sharing, unless you want
to pay both ways.

Who said anything about ride sharing?

My mother uses Lyft to get to the doctor and has had her
groceries delivered for several years. She hasn't driven
since the 1960s.

If they want to get to a city 300 miles away, they fly.

300mi is a pretty short distance for flying. Much of the country
doesn't have commercial airports that close together. Hub and spoke
makes flying short distances even harder.

Short-range electric vehicles might be much more palatable to those who
will be driving after we've laid down our car keys.

"We" aren't laying down our car keys.

Do you expect to be one of those old men who plows into a crowd
because he's too senile to drive?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 May 2021 22:03:23 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 27 May 2021 21:49:23 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 27 May 2021 15:22:37 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 26 May 2021 01:04:58 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 2021 22:23:51 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/25/2021 10:17 PM,
wrote:

But we don't buy a car for each task. One has to do it all.

Many do. I now have one car but for years I had two. Would be easy to
use one for the long trips and the other for the short stuff. Good
friend of mine has two cars. One gets an occasional 100 mile run, the
other never goes more than 20 miles.

I had two, also (still do). They were spaced far enough apart that
one was a junker. The other was really roadworthy. I now use both
for distance driving.

Just because it does not suit your every need does not mean it is not
the perfect car for others. I know a guy that does not even have a car.
Two or three times a year he rents one. Just as I know people with
pickups and the most it ever carries is two bags of groceries.

Who ****ed in your Wheaties today. There are people who never leave
their town. There are couch potatoes who don't haul stuff. Sure,
there may be a market. It's *NOT* universal.

There are millions of cars sold every year. The market for them is huge
and many types available.

Seems like people have a once or twice a year circumstance and therefor
nix the idea for everyone. Makes no sense, you are smarter than that.

Get over yourself.

I guess you aren't smarter than that.
You mean you ever had a doubt????

Many people rent a vehicle for odd trips out of town because their
car is eother unsuitable by design, or old enough they don't want to
trust them on a trip.

s /Many/Few

We rented a car a few times for a vacation but it was because we were
going to fly home. (Drive out, fly back)

Makes sense, depending on what you can get a rental for. One-way
rentals are usually ridiculously expensive.

It wasn't horrible to DCA (within Florida it is usually the same
price). We did the DC thing a few times, going up 75 and spending a
week or so in the mountains before cutting back over and hitting
301/206 around Richmond. (my folks are in Southern Md).
After more trips than I want to think about on 95 and 301/17/15 before
that I got to hate that ride.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2021 5:20 AM, wrote:

Short-range electric vehicles might be much more palatable to those who
will be driving after we've laid down our car keys.

"We" aren't laying down our car keys.

Do you expect to be one of those old men who plows into a crowd
because he's too senile to drive?

Cindy Hamilton

Solution is simple. Paint the brake pedal red, gas pedal green. When
you have to stop, just look down and put your foot on the red pedal.

Not just old people. Just a couple of days ago A 34 year old from
Columbia was learning to drive and his father was outside the car to
guide him parking. Ran over the father and killed him. Hit the wrong
pedal.

https://nbc-2.com/news/local/2021/05...-parking-spot/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/27/2021 3:13 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 13:33:56 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 26 May 2021 12:01:04 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 5/26/2021 11:43 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 25 May 2021 22:13:15 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 2021 19:36:41 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 05/25/2021 06:24 PM,
wrote:
If anyone believes in free energy, there's always hydrogen.

When we were making aircraft strobe lights some were soda glass and some
were quartz glass. Oxy-acetylene is fine for soda but you need the
higher temperature of an oxy-hydrogen flame to blow the quartz tubes. So
we made arrangements to have a tube trailer spotted on site. This
required a permit.

That's when I learned that in a free association test if you say
hydrogen the response is 'bomb'. Arguably the hydrogen was safer than
the tanks of LOX and acetylene but it has a bad rap.

Hydrogen is safer. It's very difficult to get hydrogen to explode.
Since it's much lighter than air, it dissipates quickly and won't
"pool".

That does highlight a problem with hydrogen. The tubes have to handle
around 3000 psi so you're not getting a whole lot of hydrogen in a
traditional steel tube rig. Composites help but it's still a problem.

Sure, it's a problem but the range should be equivalent to EVs and a
whole lot easier to fill.

Fix all that and it's still not a good fuel. Energy isn't free.

Hydrogen isn't really a fuel in the practical sense. It is just a
fairly inefficient storage scheme.
If you are deriving your hydrogen from water, you use more energy
getting it out than you get when you burn it.
OTOH most commercially derived hydrogen comes from natural gas so you
end up with the same issues we are talking about with possibly
dwindling supply if we really started using any large quantity.
Have you priced helium lately?

I recalled the suggestion years ago of using methanol for fuel cells in
cars. Good article still makes a lot of sense:

https://news.usc.edu/5621/George-Ola...energy-crisis/

He still points out methanol is a by product of fossil fuels and when
he goes off on the hydrogen from water tangent he ignores the
inefficiency of that process and ignores where that "sufficient cheap
energy" will come from.

Fuel cells all have the problem of a contaminated catalyst. They're
very hard/impossible to make into a commercial product. They're
another "everyone will have one in 10 years", for the past 50 years.

True. I knew someone working on it and after many years project was
terminate.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F writes:
On 5/27/2021 12:28 PM, wrote:

It will probably never run out, until we do.

Right. Humans will be cooked off the planet long before we can get it
all out.

Quite literally as it happens. At the historic 2.3% annual petroleum
usage increase rate, in 400 years the waste-heat alone will raise the
surface temperature of the earth to 100 C (212 F). Simple arithmetic
(exponential growth) and physics.

https://dothemath.ucsd.edu/2011/07/g...-scale-energy/

But we have about 40 years of proven reserves at the current rate
of use (and given the 2.3% increase in usage, it's more likely to
be much less than that).

And long before that 40 years arrives, the costs of extraction will
balloon, and the costs to the consumer will be huge due to scarcity.

If we wait that long to prepare alternatives, we won't have enough
energy to both support current needs and to prepare for the future
(the energy trap).

https://dothemath.ucsd.edu/2011/10/the-energy-trap/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 5/28/2021 5:20 AM, wrote:

Short-range electric vehicles might be much more palatable to those who
will be driving after we've laid down our car keys.

"We" aren't laying down our car keys.

Do you expect to be one of those old men who plows into a crowd
because he's too senile to drive?

Cindy Hamilton

Solution is simple. Paint the brake pedal red, gas pedal green. When
you have to stop, just look down and put your foot on the red pedal.

Yeah, take your eyes off the road.

Sigh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2021 10:58 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 5/28/2021 5:20 AM, wrote:

Short-range electric vehicles might be much more palatable to those who
will be driving after we've laid down our car keys.

"We" aren't laying down our car keys.

Do you expect to be one of those old men who plows into a crowd
because he's too senile to drive?

Cindy Hamilton

Solution is simple. Paint the brake pedal red, gas pedal green. When
you have to stop, just look down and put your foot on the red pedal.

Yeah, take your eyes off the road.

Sigh.

Humor impaired? Too subtle for you?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 28, 2021 at 12:46:40 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Exactly. Motorcycles, especially older models, have had the 'Reserve'
concept in place since just about forever. My current bike doesn't have a
mechanical reserve where I have to flip a valve, but it has a digital fuel
gauge that starts flashing and counts the miles. I know I can go 35-40
miles once it goes on Reserve. And yes, planning ahead is the best.

Seems to me that the older Volswagen bugs had the same thing. A reserve
tank, probably no fuel gauge.

8N Ford tractors had that reserve tank setting. One opened the fuel valve maybe
one full turn for the normal setting. Open it maybe two full turns to use the reserve
fuel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Scott Lurndal wrote
Bob F wrote
wrote

It will probably never run out, until we do.

Right. Humans will be cooked off the
planet long before we can get it all out.

Quite literally as it happens.

Fantasy.

At the historic 2.3% annual petroleum usage increase
rate, in 400 years the waste-heat alone will raise the
surface temperature of the earth to 100 C (212 F). Simple arithmetic
(exponential growth) and physics.

https://dothemath.ucsd.edu/2011/07/g...-scale-energy/

But we have about 40 years of proven reserves at the current rate
of use (and given the 2.3% increase in usage, it's more likely to
be much less than that).

And long before that 40 years arrives, the costs of extraction will
balloon, and the costs to the consumer will be huge due to scarcity.

If we wait that long to prepare alternatives,

We did that half a century ago, nukes.

we won't have enough energy to both support current
needs and to prepare for the future (the energy trap).

Mindless bull****.

https://dothemath.ucsd.edu/2011/10/the-energy-trap/

More mindless bull****.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote
Scott Lurndal wrote
Bob F wrote
wrote

It will probably never run out, until we do.

Right. Humans will be cooked off the planet long before we can get it
all out.

Quite literally as it happens.

Fantasy.
At the historic 2.3% annual petroleum usage increase rate, in 400 years
the waste-heat alone will raise the
surface temperature of the earth to 100 C (212 F). Simple arithmetic
(exponential growth) and physics.

Mindlessly silly fantasy, actually. We didn’t get anything
even remotely like that result when we moved to petroleum
use from feeding horses instead. Or with electricity
generation instead of feeding horses and bullocks either.

https://dothemath.ucsd.edu/2011/07/g...-scale-energy/

But we have about 40 years of proven reserves at the current rate of use
(and given the 2.3% increase in usage, it's more likely to be much less
than that).

And long before that 40 years arrives, the costs of extraction will
balloon, and the costs to the consumer will be huge due to scarcity.

Fools have been claiming that for half a century now.

If we wait that long to prepare alternatives,

We did that half a century ago, nukes.
we won't have enough energy to both support current needs and to prepare
for the future (the energy trap).

Mindless bull****.
https://dothemath.ucsd.edu/2011/10/the-energy-trap/

More mindless bull****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 04:32 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Sat, 29 May 2021 04:32:27 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

04:32??? And it's trolling time for you ALREADY, yet again, you subnormal
senile idiot?

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Nym-Shifting Senile Australian Pest!

On Sat, 29 May 2021 04:24:18 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 May 2021 08:27:00 -0400, Frank posted for all of us to digest...

On 5/26/2021 11:02 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 2021 17:34:52 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/26/2021 3:38 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Tue, 25 May 2021 17:20:01 -0400,
posted for all of us to
digest...

On Tue, 25 May 2021 16:01:14 -0400, Tekkie©
wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2021 23:55:10 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

On Mon, 24 May 2021 21:58:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/24/2021 5:36 PM, Tekkie? wrote:

On Mon, 24 May 2021 14:37:16 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

How do I do that with all the employees plugged in? Think I'll be be able to
plugin to the nursing home outlet? Do you think they will have charging
stations for visitors?

Do you think minimum wage nursing home employees will have EVs?

No. but the doctors, nurses, therapists and visitors may. Remains to be
seen.

They may in the future. There are also many charging stations at rest
stops now. Some restaurants have them so you can stop for a snack and
get a charge. More charging stations are popping up every day.

"Stopping for a snack & get a charge" How far will this take you? What's the
mileage for say a 20 minute charge?

So the customers are subsidizing the EV users (again).

What is many? Who pays to install, maintain them?

OK. your lack of knowledge is showing. There are a few commercial
enterprises putting them in and they charge the customer to use them and
they make a profit. Works like gas stations but they sell electric
instead of gas. Some have plans for discounts.

I wonder if battery swaps, of some sort, will ever be part of the EV
solution. My goal would be to reduce the charging time to roughly equal the
time it currently takes to fill a gas tank rather than hanging around at
the charging station for hours and hours. I don't think current EVs are
designed with quick battery swaps in mind, for multiple reasons, but it
could be nice at some point.

snip

Yes, that would be a plus. You are correct in that quick swaps are not designed
in. I believe for crash protection and fires. IDK Might be a future business
opportunity.

It would create a whole different design criteria, basically building
the car around a particular battery and some vehicles like the F-150
might actually use 2 but I see it as a niche market. It will be more
expensive and fraught with opportunities for fraud.

On a second look at it you are correct. Nothing like running out of your
recharged crappy battery 125 miles from destination. Will AAA cover this?

Also the safety points I made in another post.

Yes, I know someone that had his EV towed for that reason. His admitted
fault. Just as it is stupid to run out of gas. Happened to someone
here recently on a highway bridge and a passenger got out and was killed
by a drunk driver. So, check that fuel level and if applicable, battery
level.

The difference is someone can bring you a gallon or 2 of gas but you
are not walking to the charging station and bringing back a can of
kilowatts.

That is funny. I recall in the Carter gas crunch having a can of gas in
the trunk. I guess with an electric car you could carry an extra
charged battery.

Not that size, sorry. Ya got 600 volts on you? 8)

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 May 2021 19:48:22 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/26/2021 02:32 PM, Tekkie? wrote:
Freihofers is a name that I haven't heard in a loooong time. That was good
stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C4CocX5MGM

WRGB itself has history behind it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WRGB

My uncle had a radio store that morphed into radio and TV so we had a TV
with a massive 12" screen.

https://cbs6albany.com/community/pos...gb-ss-glendora

Glendora was another homegrown live show. Satellites were a big thing in
'57 and Satellite Six was too good a name to pass up.

Then there was Teenage Barn

https://friendsofalbanyhistory.wordp...-teenage-barn/

It was a different world.

It was. Philly had Sally Starr & American Bandstand & Dick Clark & Captain
Kangaroo!

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 May 2021 14:54:19 -0400, posted for all of us to
digest...

There are already rebuilt batteries for Prius and other brands that were early
adopters.

Totally irrelevant but keep guessing.

IDK what your statement refers to but here is one link:
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=pri...tteries&ia=web

What I said, in the context of the thread, had noting to do with
replacement batteries, moron. Learn to read, then to think.

Thank you for your support!

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 May 2021 19:30:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

On 5/27/2021 7:03 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/20/2021 11:45 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/19/22442777/ford-f-150-lightning-electric-truck-specs-price

Just saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNKg0R-nkuQ

At least he was honest and said "nobody knows". I don't know how he has
so many followers unless they have investments in caffeine. I can't
take a lot of hyper Scotty.

I can't either. Hyper is a good word for him. I'm not going to watch the vid
because my time is worth something, Scotty will make a few cents off it and I
think I have a sense of it already.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/28/2021 4:36 PM, Tekkie� wrote:

On Thu, 27 May 2021 14:52:02 -0400, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to
digest...

Government money to subsidize the auto industry. Put whatever spin you
want but there it is.

Steal a dime, steal a dollar, it is still theft.

But yet you want more gov't involvement with mandates.

B S
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Or a Repub arrested for driving through a vaccination tent screaming "No
vaccines" endangering 7 workers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 2:26:41 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 28 May 2021 18:33:48 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/28/2021 11:46 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Exactly. Motorcycles, especially older models, have had the 'Reserve'
concept in place since just about forever. My current bike doesn't have a
mechanical reserve where I have to flip a valve, but it has a digital fuel
gauge that starts flashing and counts the miles. I know I can go 35-40
miles once it goes on Reserve. And yes, planning ahead is the best.

Seems to me that the older Volswagen bugs had the same thing. A reserve
tank, probably no fuel gauge.

You know it's going to be a bad day when the bike starts to sputter, you
reach down to turn the petcock to reserve, and you find it's already
there...

Does the AAA cover bikes?

--
Tekkie

It looks like they do. It never occurred to me to apply for it for anything.
All of my bikes have been rice grinders though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/29/2021 02:46 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
[...]

It was a Suzuki DR650 that needed to be walked back to the house for a
snack. And, yes, I really did walk the thing about a mile.

Anyway I don't have AAA.

Ford car stereo F87F-18C815-BB drains car battery. David Farber Electronics Repair 18 March 21st 13 01:22 AM
Four Tips When Choosing New Ford Truck Seat Covers.(ford truckaccessory) [email protected] Home Repair 0 March 29th 08 05:12 AM
Sorta off topic: F150 running boards Koz Metalworking 8 April 19th 05 06:24 PM
Lightning conductors DKSanders UK diy 27 October 29th 03 02:26 AM
Lightning strike to JVC AV-36260 John Del Electronics Repair 2 July 10th 03 06:50 PM